Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Just did a half and did a PR in the pouring rain at 2:12:03!

My original POT was a 10K at 1:03:55, so I went to edit my registration since this is the better time. The race results website to verify my time is one where you have to do a name/bib search, not a stand-alone individual results page. Will that be accepted?

Any predictions on corral placement with that kind of timing?

i only have one sub 3:00 half and that is also my only race I ran uninjured. My PR for a half is 2:55. My goal is to run uninjured and have fun. Not really looking for a PR, but if I get sprinkled with some pixie dust and get one, that will be icing on the cake. I will probably take it easy on the 10k and get any character stops there and just hope to finish in front of the balloon ladies for the half. I really just don't want to run injured. Doing couch to 10k, so that by the time I really have to start training i will be in good shape.

Does anyone know where you can view pictures of the merchandise that is for sale when you sign up for a race?
I just bought the Tervis Wine Goblet and Hat combo (I really just wanted the Tervis) I have no idea what it is going to look like. I hope I like it! LOL!
You won't know until you pick it up, unfortunately.

Probably a week or so before the plan begins (late June/early July for the challenge and half marathon, I would think) - but you could look back at any of the other plans that are available and just change the dates on them. That's pretty much all runDisney does when they post new plans. :)

that's pretty much what I do, but its nice to know when to schedule the back to back days and as of now they don't have that on the current plan , I will keep and out around june !

that's pretty much what I do, but its nice to know when to schedule the back to back days and as of now they don't have that on the current plan , I will keep and out around june !
Check out the Dumbo Double Dare/Glass Slipper Challenge/etc. plans. Same plan that will come out for thi challenge, except the dates will be different.

Check out the Dumbo Double Dare/Glass Slipper Challenge/etc. plans. Same plan that will come out for thi challenge, except the dates will be different.
Any time I've done a challenge, I just use a training program for a half. It does include some back to back days.

Do most people use a different training program for a challenge?

Any time I've done a challenge, I just use a training program for a half. It does include some back to back days.

Do most people use a different training program for a challenge?
I do the same thing, but the person I was quoting specifically asked about the plans on runDisney.com. So I assumed they meant the upcoming Lumiere plan (since they also mentioned back-to-back runs - and Galloway doesn't have those in his half plans). :)

There are challenge plans on runDisney.com that sort of slowly add in back-to-backs/a 4th day of running. If I were training for the challenge I'd use Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half plan and make some of the runs back-to-back, like you said. I tried the Galloway plan for Dumbo this past year and didn't really feel very strong for the race weekend, so I personally wouldn't use it again, but I'm sure it has worked well for others.

Last edited:
I do the same thing, but the person I was quoting specifically asked about the plans on runDisney.com. So I assumed they meant the upcoming Lumiere plan (since they also mentioned back-to-back runs - and Galloway doesn't have those in his half plans). :)

There are challenge plans on runDisney.com that sort of slowly add in back-to-backs/a 4th day of running. If I were training for the challenge I'd use Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half plan and make some of the runs back-to-back, like you said. I tried the Galloway plan for Dumbo this past year and didn't really very strong for the race weekend, so I personally wouldn't use it again, but I'm sure it has worked well for others.
Ah, I get it!! I think I remember now that we use the same plan and basically modify in similar ways. :)

I didn't realize that rD actually had challenge plans.

My original POT was a 10K at 1:03:55, so I went to edit my registration since this is the better time. The race results website to verify my time is one where you have to do a name/bib search, not a stand-alone individual results page. Will that be accepted?

Good job on your race. I put the page that comes up after I search for my name on my half I'm using, so I would think you should be fine if you put that page. No clue on corrals for wine & dine, but I would think somewhere in the upper corrals. Someone who ran it last year probably knows better.

I used a 10K POT almost exactly the same as your 10K. It put me in F for Princess and E for Star Wars Dark Side. Based on the time listings for SW I think your new PR might get you into D.

Great job!

I just updated my proof of time. I wasn't sure exactly what to do. I'm not willing to leave it to chance with a 3 hour half, which is what my POT is for, but definitely don't have a 2:40 or better half. Either way I went in and updated it. I took five minutes off of my time at the same 10K last year, but fell a minute short of my goal. Still a much better proof of time than last year!

As for training plans, for what it's worth I used the Galloway/runDisney plan for Glass Slipper and felt great for the races. I actually added in 3 runs back to bacck since I did all three races that weekend so I did runs either Th, Fri, Sat or Fri, Sat, Sun as the long runs got longer. (And when I didn't have time for a 10K before getting kids to school unless I was running on major roads in the dark, which didn't give me the warm fuzzies.) I will probably use the Galloway plan again for Lumiere.

The race results website to verify my time is one where you have to do a name/bib search, not a stand-alone individual results page. Will that be accepted?

The POT I use is the same way - there's no specific page for individual runners. No issues with GSC and PDC.

This might be a stupid question, anyone bothering to submit if time if it ISN'T below 2:45? I have one that's CLOSE, but no cigar... ;) Wondering if that would help or not with corral placement...??

This might be a stupid question, anyone bothering to submit if time if it ISN'T below 2:45? I have one that's CLOSE, but no cigar... ;) Wondering if that would help or not with corral placement...??

I'd say submit it.
It may not help, but it certainly won't hurt. Who knows, maybe they will still take POT into account even above 2:45...

Mine's below so not much help, but if you think you will run under and put an estimate of 2:40 then I would submit it if it's close (like 2:46ish). They don't have to match. But, if you are putting the same estimate (2:45) as your proof then I don't think I would. Seems, like a lot of people will probably just put 2:45, so by putting 2:40 with a POT maybe you'll gain a corral, who knows?!? Again sorry not much help.

My goals...Disney races for me is about #1 having fun and celebrating that finish line. I don't go into it ever looking for a PR.

So my goals are
1. Finish the Challenge (my first one)
2. Have a great time & enjoy the experience

As for training...I use Galloway plans "loosely" as I have a half before in October so my mileage will be slightly different than what the training plan has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter