***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

So what time is everyone getting there on June 30?
We are going after dinner. We have a fp for TSMM at 7pm. Then we'll return on July 5th for SDD. It will be interesting to see what TSL looks like but I don't expect to be anything that will draw us back again and again.

It appears that I'll be working, not attending as I'm not a DHS CM and so will not be scheduled to attend, the first TSL CM Pep Rally next week. I may be wrong, but because of the times, I think there's a possibility that the DHS CMs attending the Pep Rally may get some sort of TSL preview. We'll see.

It appears that I'll be working, not attending as I'm not a DHS CM and so will not be scheduled to attend, the first TSL CM Pep Rally next week. I may be wrong, but because of the times, I think there's a possibility that the DHS CMs attending the Pep Rally may get some sort of TSL preview. We'll see.

If they arent being told to bring steel toe shoes they likely will get no preview, a small chance at a limited preview.

If they arent being told to bring steel toe shoes they likely will get no preview, a small chance at a limited preview.
I'm thinking that because the sessions were initially scheduled to be two hours long but the event time at the venue is showing up as only 90 minutes, that maybe those 30 minutes could be for a quick walk through? Come on, we need a bone here.

I'm thinking that because the sessions were initially scheduled to be two hours long but the event time at the venue is showing up as only 90 minutes, that maybe those 30 minutes could be for a quick walk through? Come on, we need a bone here.

It is still an active construction site. hard hat, glasses, vests, steel toes... There has been cast members training for months on different aspects of the land. There is tons of information, unfortunately im afraid some of it could cost me my job.

So what time is everyone getting there on June 30?

My TSMM FP+ is at 6:20 PM, so unless I can move it up or modify it to SDD, probably no earlier than 3-4 PM. I have a 2:15 PM, July 1st and a 12:35 PM on July 4th. I'm considering staying at one of the DS hotels July 3rd (assuming there are any available) for EMH access on the 4th, but 7 AM is soooooo early!!!

Barring that, I'll see the land June 30, July 1, and/or July 4, but probably (assuming ridiculous standby times) won't get to do SDD or AS2 until my birthday trip in August. That reminds me, my FP+ window for that one opens in less than a week.

Last edited:

It is still an active construction site. hard hat, glasses, vests, steel toes... There has been cast members training for months on different aspects of the land. There is tons of information, unfortunately im afraid some of it could cost me my job.

then its pretty useless saying anything. throwing out a comment like that. that there tons of information but i can't say anything is like telling a kid here is a piece of candy but you can't have it or being in grade school and saying you know a secret but you can't tell anyone. better to not show up on a thread with 3 posts and throw it out there with people who are already biting at the bit.

Does anyone know how far into my trip I'll need to go to get a 9am FP+ for SDD? Will 60+5 be enough or do I need to go even later?

Does anyone know how far into my trip I'll need to go to get a 9am FP+ for SDD? Will 60+5 be enough or do I need to go even later?
I pretty much had my pick of times and got exactly what I wanted at 60+7. But when I looked at 60+4 it was much more limited

then its pretty useless saying anything. throwing out a comment like that. that there tons of information but i can't say anything is like telling a kid here is a piece of candy but you can't have it or being in grade school and saying you know a secret but you can't tell anyone. better to not show up on a thread with 3 posts and throw it out there with people who are already biting at the bit.

True, but the part of wondering if CM would be getting a walk through was the main point I was referring to. I get your point though about 3 posts, and I apologize if your questions aren't being answered. what do you want to know that can be answered?

True, but the part of wondering if CM would be getting a walk through was the main point I was referring to. I get your point though about 3 posts, and I apologize if your questions aren't being answered. what do you want to know that can be answered?
For me nothing. Ya would have been nice to have a preview but we go multiple times a year so no big deal. But slot here were really hoping for one too. I’m just not a big fan of in general when someone says oh I know something but I can’t tell you. Just don’t say anything.

I want to know if it will be done enough in the next 10 days to have non-CM soft openings? But I assume that is information that can't be disclosed either:D

I want to know if it will be done enough in the next 10 days to have non-CM soft openings? But I assume that is information that can't be disclosed either:D

It is going to be interesting..my thoughts are they have to do soft openings at some point just to have cm's practice and make sure things run smoothly...will this be done in 10 days...not sure and I don't think we will know until construction completely comes to end. I am just really surprised how this is coming down to the last minute. I hope for them they can get things done a little faster so things run smoothly for media and opening day. Would I love soft openings to begin in 10 days, absolutely because that's when we arrive but sadly I think its going to be a guess and check...and it might be literally the day before media days....

Passholders Will Gain Exclusive Access to Toy Story Land in September
Passholders will gain exclusive access to Toy Story Land in September and will be able to take advantage of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Attendees will get access to the 2 new attractions and Toy Story Mania. Plus, guests will also be able to enjoy tasty snacks over at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Registration for this event will open in the coming weeks and we will notify you as soon as it does. Eligible Passholders may register themselves and 1 Guest.

Toy Story Land officially opens on June 30th at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and will include 2 new attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers – plus the fan favorite Toy Story Mania. Guests will also be able to dig into tasty treats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Passholders will gain exclusive access to Toy Story Land in September and will be able to take advantage of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Attendees will get access to the 2 new attractions and Toy Story Mania. Plus, guests will also be able to enjoy tasty snacks over at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Registration for this event will open in the coming weeks and we will notify you as soon as it does. Eligible Passholders may register themselves and 1 Guest.

Toy Story Land officially opens on June 30th at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and will include 2 new attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers – plus the fan favorite Toy Story Mania. Guests will also be able to dig into tasty treats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Woody’s Lunch Box.
Better late than never I guess.

There's hope for me after all!!! :D

Too bad I'll be upgrading to AP's in September so I guess I won't get to register. I'm guessing this will be an after hours event kind of thing?

OHHHHH Now my possible September trip is happening for sure!!

Hope this doesn't mean everything won't be complete until September:teeth:. Very strange timing doing it 3 months after it opens. Almost like a "yeah we screwed up and couldn't get it done in time, but hey here is something......"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter