***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I wouldn’t read into this as anything for regular guests yet.
The guy is a DHS Security Host and will need to become familiar with TSL, it may have something to do with that. Scheduled, required TSL info sessions for DHS CMs will begin in ten days. It may or may not include a TSL preview. Training and rehearsals for specific CMs also start at that time. Lots happening behind the scenes, but not for Guests.

The guy is a DHS Security Host and will need to become familiar with TSL, it may have something to do with that. Scheduled, required TSL info sessions for DHS CMs will begin in ten days. It may or may not include a TSL preview. Training and rehearsals for specific CMs also start at that time. Lots happening behind the scenes, but not for Guests.

Ooooohhhh, our first park day is just 11 days away. Very, very cautiously optimistic (OK, just hoping against hope) that they'll involve AP guests as part of the training for CMs. I'll play the role of happy guest, angry guest, guest with a cranky baby (my 10 year old twins can act like babies, trust me...), pushy guest, whatever. Name it, I'm your guy. :D

Ooooohhhh, our first park day is just 11 days away. Very, very cautiously optimistic (OK, just hoping against hope) that they'll involve AP guests as part of the training for CMs. I'll play the role of happy guest, angry guest, guest with a cranky baby (my 10 year old twins can act like babies, trust me...), pushy guest, whatever. Name it, I'm your guy. :D
The training and rehearsals I'm referring to is mainly at an indoor DHS facility not TSL, sorry.

Ill help out with as much as I think I can...

For whatever this is worth, I asked the CM who was with that model of TSL they had in One Man's Dream for a while about that comparison, and how fast SDD was going to be. I'm not a roller coaster person so I said, "I've been on Barmstormer, will it be like that?", and his specific response was, "No where near as fast as Barmstormer." Take that for what you will!

He was wrong.

A few minor things.

Slinky will be ready to go for opening no problem.

AS2 and the Toy Story Mania queue are going to be a race to the finish.

Don’t expect elaborate queues. Toy Story Mania will probably have the best queue of the three.

I have new aerial images of the land in the aerial images thread on rumors and news.

seems fairly accurate

Arriving tomorrow hoping for a soft opening this coming week!!

dont want to sound rude, but dont get your hopes up and you wont be disapointed.

I have no trip around opening day for this land but I have been watching FP and it seems Toy Story Mania won't be that hard to get. No Aliens or Slinky I am seeing but lots of availability for Toy Story Mania.

I have no trip around opening day for this land but I have been watching FP and it seems Toy Story Mania won't be that hard to get. No Aliens or Slinky I am seeing but lots of availability for Toy Story Mania.

I'm wondering what the chances of getting it as a 4th FP are. I'll be very interested to see how it all goes.

We'll be doing EM AMH in September and still not sure which direction to head in!

Just picked up TSMM on July 4 also. Now, I have it on June 30, July 1, and July 4. Hopefully, I can modify one of these to SDD. I missed the release Friday.

A few minor things.

Slinky will be ready to go for opening no problem.

AS2 and the Toy Story Mania queue are going to be a race to the finish.

Don’t expect elaborate queues. Toy Story Mania will probably have the best queue of the three.

I have new aerial images of the land in the aerial images thread on rumors and news.

This almost makes it seem that TSM will not be ready after the June 11-18th shutdown to reopen?

Trying to level expectations. I know already it's been somewhat mentioned that FP+ will not reopen from the 18th-30th, but seems to me the way you present it standby wont be ready either

This almost makes it seem that TSM will not be ready after the June 11-18th shutdown to reopen?

Trying to level expectations. I know already it's been somewhat mentioned that FP+ will not reopen from the 18th-30th, but seems to me the way you present it standby wont be ready either
We don't know for sure until it happens. I am talking about the new queue. They will likely still route guests through the back like they currently do.

I brought this up to two different CMs in Guest Relations that it is possible it won't open June 19th. Both stated emphatically it would absolutely be open the 19th but SB only. I think that is either 1) careless as plans can/do change or 2) they have more definitive info that whatever the schedule is won't change.

In past my experience good CMs tend to hedge with info, saying "well the schedule says this but of course that could change". These were the exact opposite. Take that for what you want....

One of my friends got transferred over to attractions at TSL (SD I think) and started yesterday, so at least some of the opening team is there. Another friend at DHS is scheduled for the 2-hour training meeting next week, but he was told it doesn't include a preview - in fact he assumed it was in lieu of a preview so that the cast have at least some info to pass on to guests.

Another friend at DHS is scheduled for the 2-hour training meeting next week, but he was told it doesn't include a preview - in fact he assumed it was in lieu of a preview so that the cast have at least some info to pass on to guests.
It's not being referred to as training, they're calling them "Pep Rallies" and it sounds like it's for all DHS CMs to learn what they need to know about Andy’s Backyard before it opens to Guests.

It's not being referred to as training, they're calling them "Pep Rallies" and it sounds like it's for all DHS CMs to learn what they need to know about Andy’s Backyard before it opens to Guests.

That's what he called it, but I figured it was training of some sort. I think that's why he's assuming no preview though - instead of CMs getting to see that area of the park, they're being told what they need to know instead.

I am sure it is on here somewhere but does anyone know the capacity of the alien ride? I was wondering if this would be not too bad to do as standby or ropedrop. We are going in October and probably our FP plan will be SDD and then possibly get TSM as a 4th FP later but I know my son might want to ride the alien ride too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter