***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

No one knows but I'd still think memorial weekend would be 1-2 weeks too early for any previews or soft openings they might do.

But we won't know until something is announced

Thank you - no big deal if not as we're going again in November 2018 when all of it will be open, would just be really cool to get in on a soft opening. One can dream. LOL :)

I hope slinky goes a wee bit faster than the mine train

Not only that but he needs to think about all those people in the que that’s waiting to see him. If he goes faster than he can get through all those guests wanting to see him quicker

Hopefully the new costumes will be a bit cooler for the CMs. It's incredible how uncomfortably hot the old ones look.

I could be wrong here, but aren't the green army men already 'face characters' at DCA? I feel like they do a whole drumline interaction area...but it's been like a year and a half since I've been out to that coast...Wonder if this will go along those lines?
Completely agree that their current costumes remind me of tarps....or sweat-inducing weight loss suits for athletes.

I could be wrong here, but aren't the green army men already 'face characters' at DCA? I feel like they do a whole drumline interaction area...but it's been like a year and a half since I've been out to that coast...Wonder if this will go along those lines?
Completely agree that their current costumes remind me of tarps....or sweat-inducing weight loss suits for athletes.
Could be. I am not sure on that.

I was at DCA in September and saw them. Yeah, they didn't have the face suits there. Still looked hot, but not as bad as the HS ones.

No one knows but I'd still think memorial weekend would be 1-2 weeks too early for any previews or soft openings they might do.

But we won't know until something is announced

But isn’t a soft opening unannounced? I.e. you show up and if you get lucky they might be running and open that day

But isn’t a soft opening unannounced? I.e. you show up and if you get lucky they might be running and open that day
Soft openings are generally unannounced however going off of Pandora there were previews first for dvc and ap that were announced and planned out. Chances are soft openings wouldn't happen before dvc or ap previews.

Sorry if this has been asked, but we're going in early August, so our 60 day Fast Pass selection window starts in early June. Would we be able to book these rides on the fast passes in June?

I'm also wondering if they'll re-jig the tiers in HS after these open. We'll have 2 days in HS, so I'm already trying to figure out how to get Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster AND Beauty and the Beast on FP in those two days. If they add more Tier 1 rides then I'll have to re-assess everything.

It's a good job I enjoy figuring out the best way to do things, or trying to, at any rate.

Sorry if this has been asked, but we're going in early August, so our 60 day Fast Pass selection window starts in early June. Would we be able to book these rides on the fast passes in June?

I'm also wondering if they'll re-jig the tiers in HS after these open. We'll have 2 days in HS, so I'm already trying to figure out how to get Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster AND Beauty and the Beast on FP in those two days. If they add more Tier 1 rides then I'll have to re-assess everything.

It's a good job I enjoy figuring out the best way to do things, or trying to, at any rate.

I would assume that you can book your FP at your 60-day mark.
I really hope they don't do tiers, but they more than likely would.

I'm quite positive they will do tiers. If not, many will book all 3 TSL attractions. Especially those with littles. What remains to be seen is whether or not both the SDC and AS2 will be Tier 1? My guess is yes only because Na'vi is also a Tier 1 and not really worth it. My son is still too little for the coaster, so we would go with AS2 if we had to chose, but would chose both if we could and then do Rider switch.

Crossing fingers that Slinky, Saucers, and RNRC won't all be tier 1, as those are the only 3 rides I can do in the park. But they probably will be. :(

You won't need FP for Beauty and the Beast. The seating area is large enough to come fairly last minute. That is unless you really want specific seats upfront.

Cheers.

I suppose if it opens at the end of June we'll know by the end of April what tiers they'll be. My planning could all be in tatters after that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter