***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Question about time allotted for TSL-

Current plans-

11/15- DHS until 1pm'ish then head to resort for break/snacks then to MK for MVMCP around 4pm

11/16- AK- 9am-8pm

11/17- MK- 9am-9pm- booked 8pm HEA After Fireworks Dessert party with Garden Viewing (first time so no real idea how it works, tips welcome)

OR

To allow more time in DHS-

Thursday 11/15- MK 9am-6pm, party starts at 7pm so we'd be at MK all day (likely would add resort break)

Friday 11/16- DHS hours are 9am-8pm

Saturday 11/17- AK hours are 9am-8pm with AM EMH from 8am-9am and we would likely go for the EMH

My concern with option A is whether or not we will have ample time at DHS with TSL, our FP+ window opens 9/15 so keeping my fingers crossed for slinky dog but beyond exploring TSL, we don't ever feel the need to spend a full day at DHS. So we would not be heartbroken to leave DHS to head to MK for the party.

So, my plan of attack right now has been to play it by ear and see what we get for FP+ but I would very much appreciate anyone's feedback on our touring plan for TSL.

TIA

Current plans-

11/15- DHS until 1pm'ish then head to resort for break/snacks then to MK for MVMCP around 4pm

11/16- AK- 9am-8pm

11/17- MK- 9am-9pm- booked 8pm HEA After Fireworks Dessert party with Garden Viewing (first time so no real idea how it works, tips welcome)

OR

Thursday 11/15- MK 9am-6pm, party starts at 7pm so we'd be at MK all day (likely would add resort break)

Saturday 11/17- AK hours are 9am-8pm with AM EMH from 8am-9am and we would likely go for the EMH

My concern with option A is whether or not we will have ample time at DHS with TSL, our FP+ window opens 9/15 so keeping my fingers crossed for slinky dog but beyond exploring TSL, we don't ever feel the need to spend a full day at DHS. So we would not be heartbroken to leave DHS to head to MK for the party.

So, my plan of attack right now has been to play it by ear and see what we get for FP+ but I would very much appreciate anyone's feedback on our touring plan for TSL.

TIA

If you like plan A the most, but just have those specific hesitations, then you should go with plan A, IMO! I think open to 1 would be plenty of time in HS, esp. if you are focused on TSL. TSL, as a land, is really compact so not a lot of walking around... and I love breaking a day up by park hopping, so I'd go with A.

Does anyone have an early morning bus report from the Poly to DHS? We would like to be on the first bus, so I was curious about arrival time.

If you like plan A the most, but just have those specific hesitations, then you should go with plan A, IMO! I think open to 1 would be plenty of time in HS, esp. if you are focused on TSL. TSL, as a land, is really compact so not a lot of walking around... and I love breaking a day up by park hopping, so I'd go with A.

Thank you. I try to bounce ideas off my husband but he’s up for whatever and doesn’t really strategize the way I do. I know he preferred A so we could also do dapper day on the 17th in MK.

We are visiting DHS on an AP passholder morning day in September. Should we get in line for SDD just before closing? I was thinking this might be our best strategy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Current plans-

11/16- AK- 9am-8pm

OR

TIA

I had no problems getting FP for SDD for our upcoming September trip. I did however book them 7am on my opening window day. I would wait until you secure your FP for the morning of the 15th and then book the dessert party. Go with option A

I had no problems getting FP for SDD for our upcoming September trip. I did however book them 7am on my opening window day. I would wait until you secure your FP for the morning of the 15th and then book the dessert party. Go with option A

What day of your trip was that? Last I had heard it was still hard to get SDD on day 1 or 2.

What day of your trip was that? Last I had heard it was still hard to get SDD on day 1 or 2.

My window opened July 10. I got a FP for Alien day 3 and SDD day 5. I did not try for day 1 as these where the 2 days we were visiting HS.

I am anxious to see how crowded the EMH mornings will be once they stop the daily EMH. We are doing a 1/2 day at DHS on September 16, we were unable to get a SDD FP+, but expected this as it is only our second day. We are hoping to EMH rope drop.

We are visiting DHS on an AP passholder morning day in September. Should we get in line for SDD just before closing? I was thinking this might be our best strategy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'm wondering the same. We have FP, but I'd like to ride it more than once if we can.

I think we'll have to wait for the AP mornings to begin to see how they're working and if they're affecting crowds. Do the AP holders have to leave when the event ends? Will there be a line of regular guests held right outside the entrance of the land that's let in at 9? How many people are allowed into each event, and are they staying in the park the entire day? Etc.

I'm wondering the same. We have FP, but I'd like to ride it more than once if we can.

1 I think we'll have to wait for the AP mornings to begin to see how they're working and if they're affecting crowds.
2 Do the AP holders have to leave when the event ends?
3 Will there be a line of regular guests held right outside the entrance of the land that's let in at 9?
4 How many people are allowed into each event,
5 and are they staying in the park the entire day? Etc.

1 yep we will have to wait and see
2 my guess is not for the second group since this one is 8-9AM and the park opens at 9am
3. I am guessing yes since there is a special event for AP holder that is fro 7-8 and 8-9
4 I am guessing not many since all the time slots filled up within 60-90 minutes ( take the other AP even with 3 days of extra hours at a theme park filled up within 6-8 hours)
5. are you going to stay in the park all day :)

my guess is that the evens will not have that many people if most can do the rides once ( maybe 2x) most will leave after some might stay. But looking at MDE the wait times have not been that bad ( along with the lines of 7DMT at the MK ) I think if you do want to ride with the shortest wait your best bet is to go first thing, during the fireworks or right at closing just like any other big headliner ride at Disney ( FOP) and keep looking for FP.

I think we'll have to wait for the AP mornings to begin to see how they're working and if they're affecting crowds. Do the AP holders have to leave when the event ends? Will there be a line of regular guests held right outside the entrance of the land that's let in at 9? How many people are allowed into each event, and are they staying in the park the entire day? Etc.

Not sure what they’re going to do for the 7-8am folks, but they can’t make anyone leave the area during regular park open. I have the 8-9am event booked. My group has FPs for RnR and Star Tours from 9-11 before we head back to TSL for our Slinky FP.

We don’t plan to stay all day. We have plans for a break in the afternoon. I do know there is a night event for the ultimate fall into magic package guests after park close the day of our AP event. (9/6).

We won’t get any reports until after the first AP event on 9/4. I will be happy to report back on our experience on 9/6.

Not sure what they’re going to do for the 7-8am folks, but they can’t make anyone leave the area during regular park open. I have the 8-9am event booked. My group has FPs for RnR and Star Tours from 9-11 before we head back to TSL for our Slinky FP.

We don’t plan to stay all day. We have plans for a break in the afternoon. I do know there is a night event for the ultimate fall into magic package guests after park close the day of our AP event. (9/6).

We won’t get any reports until after the first AP event on 9/4. I will be happy to report back on our experience on 9/6.
I have the TSL event on the first day it is offered ( I think 9-4) and I have FP ( the river ride at AK in Pandora from like 9:30) so I will not be staying after my time either ( unless I can walk on SDD right before 9 am) while I am waiting for AK buss I will let you all know who the event went for me. I too will be at the EPCOT after hour event on 9/6

Did EMH today. Let in to Sunset at 6:30. Did not take us any further until 6:45. Off SDD by 7:05. Did saucers, TSM twice and had breakfast at Woodys Lunchbox all by 8:00am. Good times!

Is there a permanent location yet for meeting buzz, woody and Jessie? If not does anyone know where they are meeting currently and are times listed in the daily times guides?

Is there a permanent location yet for meeting buzz, woody and Jessie? If not does anyone know where they are meeting currently and are times listed in the daily times guides?
Buzz meets on the right-hand side of TSL, inside the entrance but before the queue for SDD. He's just kinda hanging out there with a handler, no backdrop or anything.

Woody and Jessie meet on the left side past Buzz, just after the entrance to TSM. They have a backdrop so I guess that's as permanent as it gets.

Any recent reports (last Fri pm maybe) of pm EMH in TSL? Trying to decide on our strategy for tomorrow. Flight lands at 8:30am, so we can't get to AM EMH, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter