***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

A question for anyone who has been to Toy Story Land at the end of the day - how are the crowds in general? We have park hoppers and on our last day we'll be in MK first and have a 5 pm dinner ADR at Disney Springs. We want to spend our last few hours at HS/TSL.

(We have a FP for Slinky Dog already, earlier in the trip and can skip it that night.)

We closed down HS one night last week. Walked on to TSM about 20 minutes before the park closed and hopped in line for Slinky Dog right at closing, ended up on the last train of the night with only about a 30 minute wait in the standby line.

We were there on a Monday at around 7pm until around 9 pm, and the crowds were not bad at all. It was what I call "busy" but not horribly so. For example, when the Green Army CM's would come out they weren't swamped with people, but took their time interacting with guests. Also, the photopass photogs at the entrance weren't swamped either. You could move around pretty freely but we had to do just a bit of searching to find a free bench. Bathrooms not packed either. We had SD FP, but then just hung out to see the lights come on, and it was a lot cooler back there at night. I would definitely aim for night again when we go back. Hope that helps.

Just a stray thought; we found crowds in every park to be manageable when were were there, so if crowds are up everywhere it may be a different story.

Thanks. :) The crowd estimates (and I know they're just that - estimates) are for low crowds that night (Thurs 8/30). The only place that probably will be crazy will be Epcot, since it's the first night of Food & Wine.

Really, we just want to be able to see it all lit up and - hopefully - get on TSMM and a few other rides in HS (not necessarily TSL). We're spending a full day there on the Tuesday of that week (8/28).

I rode slinky at closing on Sunday night. Tried to ride Saturday night but the ride broke down around 7/7:30pm and was still down when I left DHS at 10pm. On Sunday it was a posted 30 and the actual was just shy of 30. Definitely worth a ride at night.

We are going in December or January with our whole family but I was thinking about going on a quick last minute trip and visiting Toy Story Land for a day and a water park for the day with my daughter. We don’t mind getting up early or waiting, but I’m sure fast passes are gone so I’m wondering if we will be able to get on the rides. I don’t really want to wait in the line for 3 hours, but I guess we will if needed. Anyway, what is it like if you arrive 30-45 minutes before opening?

We are going in December or January with our whole family but I was thinking about going on a quick last minute trip and visiting Toy Story Land for a day and a water park for the day with my daughter. We don’t mind getting up early or waiting, but I’m sure fast passes are gone so I’m wondering if we will be able to get on the rides. I don’t really want to wait in the line for 3 hours, but I guess we will if needed. Anyway, what is it like if you arrive 30-45 minutes before opening?
The waits have not been that bad 30-60 minutes most of the day the Tim tracker did all 3 in less then 3 hours with out any FP I think. You should be ok and keep looking for FP you never know when one might come up

I will be visiting Disney in September and am about to book Fastpasses. I will be almost seven months pregnant when there and was wondering if I should book one for Alien Saucer Spin. The Disney website just lists the height requirement and no other warnings but I've seen some reviews saying it throws passengers around quite a bit. I've been on the Cars ride in Disneyland that this is supposed to be similar too and found that mild but not sure about this one. Thanks!

I will be visiting Disney in September and am about to book Fastpasses. I will be almost seven months pregnant when there and was wondering if I should book one for Alien Saucer Spin. The Disney website just lists the height requirement and no other warnings but I've seen some reviews saying it throws passengers around quite a bit. I've been on the Cars ride in Disneyland that this is supposed to be similar too and found that mild but not sure about this one. Thanks!

Everything I've read about AS2 is that it's identical to the Mater ride at DCA (I haven't ridden either yet) in every way except theme. So if you wouldn't ride Mater while pregnant then I would pass on the Alien Saucers. Otherwise this is probably a question for your doctor.

It moves exactly like Maters. I rode AS2 twice this past weekend and it’s identical to Maters in terms of the ride mechanism.

It does jerk you quite a bit when your car switches. It can also be very bumpy. I would probably skip it.

The waits have not been that bad 30-60 minutes most of the day the Tim tracker did all 3 in less then 3 hours with out any FP I think. You should be ok and keep looking for FP you never know when one might come up

He was there just as it was reopening from the power outage so that may not be a good indication.

He was there just as it was reopening from the power outage so that may not be a good indication.
he dd say he got lucky on the timing but I think for a new ride the wait is not that bad for the most part with RD refreshing the app. the PP should be ok

Over this past weekend slinky was running an average of 60-75 min, as2 between 30-60 min and TSM between 20-60 min. The best time though is close to park closing. On Sunday evening AS2 and TSM were both walk ons according to posted wait times at 10pm and slinky had a 30 min wait.

I too ask, but more about at RD how are RNRC and TOT? Trying decide a plan of attack for us in August.
We have FPs for all rides (CL xFP) but would like to take advantage of the early entry at EMH.
Also, thinking riding SD at night is now a must, darnit, my FPs are during the day. Guess we hit it right before close.
What is the latest we can jump in line do you think?
We just returned and on our first day at HS - July 2nd, my daughter and daughter in law rode RNR 4 times in 20 minutes. Then rode TOT twice. We had a FP for TSM at 8:00 and were in the land at 7:45.

Thanks. Mine has never been on a roller coaster before. We are going to start with barnstormer but we already said probably not SDMT, but thought probably this one but then I heard people saying that it’s a little more intense than SDMT so now I’m second guessing myself. I guess just play it by ear.
My 3-year-old granddaughter wanted to ride it so we did and she was TERRIFIED. It feels faster than mine train and has some intense drops. We loved it, but she cried the whole time. I would definitely see how she responds to barn stormer first. Every kid is different and we saw a lot of young kids who loved it, but also some who were screaming in fear the whole time.

IMO, SDD is definitely more intense than SDMT. I think of it as a true mini version of a full coaster instead of a kiddie-coaster after having ridden it.

Here is my review of TSL early morning @rteetz
We made it to the CC/WL bus stop by 5:37. The HS bus was waiting and empty. As soon as we boarded we swung through to CR where we picked up no one and then arrived at HS about 6am. We were held at security until just after 6 and then held again at the tapstiles until just after 6:15. We then were held in front of the theater until about 6:30.

We had been at the very front and once CMs began leading us back to TSL many adults pushed past the little kids, mine included, and we were back a little ways. Stay to the right of you want to ride SDD. We ended up on the second or third ride of SDD. This ride is a lot of fun, but we had expectations of something a little better tha Barnstormer. SDD is much more thrilling than that and more of a "coaster" than SDMT (although the theming in SDMT is much more).

We tried for AS2 next but they were closed and said to try later. There was a group of CMs working on the ride. So we headed to TSMM and walked right on. Most cars were empty.

AS2 was open after our TSMM ride and we walked right on. It was extremely bumpy. I wouldn't wait more than 5 minutes for it, but that's just me. At this point it was just 7am.

Next we had breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox. Mr. Capang had the breakfast bowl. We both thought the tots were crunchy which, based on reviews, we weren't expecting. I had the smores toast and it was pretty good. The bread was kind of dry and I don't know if I'd order it again but it was fun to get once. We had our pick of tables as the land was still pretty empty.

Next we walked right into pics with Woody and Jesse. No wait.

At this time more people started entering the land although it was still pretty empty, especially compared to Pandora at rope drop. The faces on the people realizing they weren't getting a jump on others at 7 was pretty funny.

By 7:20 we left the land and walked right on ToT. Then we walked right on RnRC. Then we did ToT 3 more times as a walk on. We also took tons of pics at every photo pass woth no waits and no crowds.

We did some shopping and were back in the bus line to get back to the resort by 8:45. So far, it has been the longest line of the day.

I have tons of pics but I am not good at uploading them. On a related note, if anyone wants to share how to do this without me emailing myself screenshots of my pics that would be awesome. Feel free to message me. :)
Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
Here is my review of TSL early morning @rteetz
We made it to the CC/WL bus stop by 5:37. The HS bus was waiting and empty. As soon as we boarded we swung through to CR where we picked up no one AMD then arrived at HS about 6am. We were held at security until just after 6 and then held again at the tapstiles until just after 6:15. We then were held in front of the theater until about 6:30.

We had been at the very front and once CMs began leading us back to TSL many adults pushed past the little kids, mine included, and we were back a little ways. Stay to the right of you want to ride SDD. We ended up on the second or third ride of SDD. This ride is a lot of fun, but we had expectations of something a little better tha Barnstormer. SDD is much more thrilling than that and more of a "coaster" than SDMT (although the theming in SDMT is much more).

We tried for AS2 next but they were closed and said to try later. There was a group of CMs working on the ride. So we headed to TSMM and walked right on. Most cars were empty.

AS2 was open after our TSMM ride and we walked right on. It was extremely bumpy. I wouldn't wait more than 5 minutes for it, but that's just me. At this point it was just 7am.

Next we had breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox. Mr. Capang har the breakfast bowl. We both thought the toys were crunchy which, based on reviews, we weren't expecting. I had the smores toast and it was pretty good. The bread was kind of dry and i dont know if I'd order it again but it was fun to get once. We had our pick of tables as the land was still pretty empty.

Next we walked right into pics with Woody and Jesse. No wait.

At this time more people started entering the land although it was still pretty empty, especially compared to Pandora at rope drop. The faces on the people realizing they weren't getting a jump on others at 7 was pretty funny.

By 7:20 we left the land and walked right on ToT. Then we walked right on RnRC. Then we did ToT 3 more times as a walk on. We also took tons of pics at every photo pass woth no waits and no crowds.

We did some shopping and were back in the bus line to get back to the resort by 8:45. So far, it has been the longest line of the day.

I have tons of pics but I am not good at uploading them. On a related note, if anyone wants to share how to do this without me emailing myself screenshots of my pics that would be awesome. Feel free to message me. :)
Thanks!

We have someone who doesn't like coasters going on our trip next year. Would she like Slinky Dog? She has never been on Seven Dwarf before so I'm not sure she'd even like that. She's only been to Universal in the past and has enjoyed the Harry Potter rides, all though she did say that she didn't enjoy the drop in Gringotts the first time around, but was fine after she knew what was coming. How big are the drops on Slinky Dog, bigger than SDMT?

We have someone who doesn't like coasters going on our trip next year. Would she like Slinky Dog? She has never been on Seven Dwarf before so I'm not sure she'd even like that. She's only been to Universal in the past and has enjoyed the Harry Potter rides, all though she did say that she didn't enjoy the drop in Gringotts the first time around, but was fine after she knew what was coming. How big are the drops on Slinky Dog, bigger than SDMT?
They are not big drops and you can see the whole coster before getting on so if she does not want to ride it then she dose not have to. If you are FP it I would get her a FP too. There are a number of YouTube of the coster

I would have her youtube it as a PP said, or stand and watch the ride awhile. SDD is much more coaster-like IMO than SDMT. If she couldn't "handle" SDMT I don't think she could handle SDD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!