***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

@rteetz quick review of our TSL experience. We went on Sunday, July 15.

We drove our rental vehicle from Shades of Green resort. We left around 5:45 and got to DHS shortly before 6. No attendant in the parking shack so we drove right in and directed to second or third row behind preferred parking. Through bag check and tapstiles by 6:15 and at the rope. Probably 100 people or so ahead of us. They let us in around 6:40 or so. We were on SDD with maybe a 5 minute wait. Went to aliens and walked right on. Then to TSMM and walked on. We had all three rides done by 7:10 AM and headed out to the rest of the park. Rode RnR X2 walk on and then rode ToT X2 with maybe 5 min waits before official park open at 8.

@rteetz quick review of our TSL experience. We went on Sunday, July 15.

We drove our rental vehicle from Shades of Green resort. We left around 5:45 and got to DHS shortly before 6. No attendant in the parking shack so we drove right in and directed to second or third row behind preferred parking. Through bag check and tapstiles by 6:15 and at the rope. Probably 100 people or so ahead of us. They let us in around 6:40 or so. We were on SDD with maybe a 5 minute wait. Went to aliens and walked right on. Then to TSMM and walked on. We had all three rides done by 7:10 AM and headed out to the rest of the park. Rode RnR X2 walk on and then rode ToT X2 with maybe 5 min waits before official park open at 8.
Sounds like a great time thanks!

Did anyone get an "I played there!" Limited Release opening day pin? I bought one on eBay and just wanted to determine if it was real. The coloring is a little different than regular Toy Story Land pin, but blog posts show this is actually correct (Woody's eyes are brown vs red). I was wondering what the back should look like on a real one if anyone had it?

Did anyone get an "I played there!" Limited Release opening day pin? I bought one on eBay and just wanted to determine if it was real. The coloring is a little different than regular Toy Story Land pin, but blog posts show this is actually correct (Woody's eyes are brown vs red). I was wondering what the back should look like on a real one if anyone had it?
I got the pin and his eyes are brown

Hope these help. Never noticed how creepy Buzz looks with those white eyes until really studying it just now!

TSL Pin Front.jpg

TSL Pin Back.jpg

We did tsl the morning of 7/18. We stayed at All Star Sports. We were planning to use uber, but when we got out to the bus stop, there was a bus waiting (we were out there right before 6:00). We were at hs by 6:10 and there were not too many people ahead of us. We were let in at 6:30 and walked to toy story land. We rode Slinky dog with about a 5 minute wait. We really wanted to ride Alien Swirl Saucers, but they were down that morning (they hadn't had their morning coffee). We went and took pictures with Woody and Jessie and then rode TSM. After that, we went and rode Rockin Roller Coaster twice with no wait. We were heading out of the park around 7:45 after stopping at starbucks. We were able to make it to ak by 8:40 (we had a pretty long wait for a bus). It was great to be able to get so much done in such a short period of time!

We went this morning. Got to the park at 6:15, went straight thru bag check and into the park. Opened TSL at 6:30. Rose SDDx2, TSMx2, AS2, ToT, RNRx3, STx2; Indiana Jones, BatB, and JTA signup by 12:30. Oh, and we sat down to eat breakfast at Starbucks. Came back to rest and swim, heading back over in a bit. Excellent morning!

We have had 2 meals in the last few days at Woody's. At breakfast the potato barrels in the breakfast bowl were pretty crunchy. At dinner last night they were also crunchy. I know early reports were they were pretty soft. Not sure if they changed them up or we just lucked out. But both meals we have had there were really good.

We RD EMH twice last week, here is my brief report:

5:55am leave boardwalk (walk to HS)
6:18 arrive at security/bag check (no line)
6:20 wait at mickey tapstiles (we were second group at our tapstile)
6:25 enter park (held by starbucks)
6:32 announcement that TSL is opening now (rest of the park at 7)
6:40 in line for SDD (had to park a stroller)
6:50 ride SDD
7:00 ride AS2 (many carts were empty, even when we were getting off the ride)
7:10 meet woody and jessie (about 5 min wait)
7:30 ride TSM (about 7 min wait)
7:55 ride RNRC (0 min wait - skipped pre-show, direct to coaster)
8:10 ride RNRC again (still 0 min wait -skipped pre-show, direct to coaster)

Our second day was almost identical except that we met Buzz instead of Woody/Jessie and we skipped AS2 and rode TSM twice instead.

My only tip is that on the second day we didn't end up entering the park until 6:30, we only waited about a minute until they released the crowd for TSL. By hanging at the back of the RD crowd, we ended up in a better position somehow to ride SDD. I'm not recommending to wait at the back, but I guess I'm saying it certainly didn't make our wait any longer, so if you don't want the hastle of people cutting in front of you, the back of the crowd was more pleasant and I would do it that way again. Both days we waiting about 8-10 min to get on SDD, but the second day at the back of the RD crowd was a better (more polite) experience.

We RD EMH twice last week, here is my brief report:

5:55am leave boardwalk (walk to HS)
6:18 arrive at security/bag check (no line)
6:20 wait at mickey tapstiles (we were second group at our tapstile)
6:25 enter park (held by starbucks)
6:32 announcement that TSL is opening now (rest of the park at 7)
6:40 in line for SDD (had to park a stroller)
6:50 ride SDD
7:00 ride AS2 (many carts were empty, even when we were getting off the ride)
7:10 meet woody and jessie (about 5 min wait)
7:30 ride TSM (about 7 min wait)
7:55 ride RNRC (0 min wait - skipped pre-show, direct to coaster)
8:10 ride RNRC again (still 0 min wait -skipped pre-show, direct to coaster)

Our second day was almost identical except that we met Buzz instead of Woody/Jessie and we skipped AS2 and rode TSM twice instead.

My only tip is that on the second day we didn't end up entering the park until 6:30, we only waited about a minute until they released the crowd for TSL. By hanging at the back of the RD crowd, we ended up in a better position somehow to ride SDD. I'm not recommending to wait at the back, but I guess I'm saying it certainly didn't make our wait any longer, so if you don't want the hastle of people cutting in front of you, the back of the crowd was more pleasant and I would do it that way again. Both days we waiting about 8-10 min to get on SDD, but the second day at the back of the RD crowd was a better (more polite) experience.

This is very helpful detail, thank you!

TSL is superb! The theming is fantastic! The imagineers really outdid themselves this time. We have been to Disney over 20 times now, and it takes a lot to impress me as I have been saturated with Disney magic for many years, but TSL did it. I am not a big ride person at all, but I was determined to ride Slinky Dog and the Saucers. I survived and can say I did that and then played Toy Story Mania. Admittedly, as I am more seasoned and older than some, I did get a little queasy after doing the 3 back to back, it was worth it. I think Saucers got to me more than SDD, and then the spins during Mania kinda threw me off for a while. So I sat through the Muppets and Mermaid to gather myself, and everything was fine.
TSL gets an A+ from this almost retired teacher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter