***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

with the trip booked, i sat back and waited...did the change and got free dining(back the morning it came out)...sat and stewed over airline prices-then snags super cheap flights with good times and got a deal on car rental...so now i sit and wonder, i saved so much, maybe i can convince my dh that one of us should upgrade to an annual pass and go back next october for our 25th wedding anniversary and not bring the kids....one can only hope. with that, i guess i can add that we will be at Pop Century Dec 8-15 with park days 12/9-12/13---just found out that my relatives will be up the 14 so i may add a day at the end, have not added xmas party yet, but now i can say its time to start adding my gift cards and buying more-Sams club weekly run for me

I bumbled out of bed this morning and signed in and it would NOT let me make FP reservations.

Then I realized it is 6:25 AM... probably 35 minutes too early.

:santa::santa:I have been loving this thread! Myself, DH, DD19 and DS15 will be doing a short split trip - Disney at Boardwalk Dec 11-14 and Universal at Royal Pacific 14-16. Doing MVMCP and TSL EMM. So excited to see all the decorations!! I didn’t get all the FP I wanted, but didn’t really expect to since the latest I could look for FOP was 60+3.

So excited to see all the decorations and soak up holiday spirit!!

Does anyone know, is the Frozen Sparkling dessert party not offered the last week of Dec, or is it just sold out??

Oh my. Slinky Dog Dash - no FP available for our entire stay... and this was less than 10 minutes after the 60 day point. Wow. (Same with the main Pandora attraction, but that I almost expected.)

Our trip is December 15-18. We are only doing 3 park days so skipping Epcot on this trip. On FP day, I could not get FOP or SDD. We are doing the EMM at Toy Story Land, so I don't need SDD. I happened to check today and was able to get a FP for FOP at 4:05 on December 15. I could not believe it! Can't wait for this trip!

Oh my. Slinky Dog Dash - no FP available for our entire stay... and this was less than 10 minutes after the 60 day point. Wow. (Same with the main Pandora attraction, but that I almost expected.)
Not to be negative....but the ride wasn’t that great. It’s cute and fun, but would not have ruined my trip if I couldn’t ride it. If you are really wanting to ride it, I would suggest rope drop!!! Get there about 45-60 mins before park opening. They let us in a little early and we only waited about 15 minutes for the ride. We were off the ride and it was just at park opening. I am glad we got to experience it, it is cute but I still prefer SDMT, just my personal opinion. Good luck

After so many years, it really is just about being able to say that we've be on every attraction. If not now, then next March, or next December, or in October 2021, etc.

Not to be negative....but the ride wasn’t that great. It’s cute and fun, but would not have ruined my trip if I couldn’t ride it. If you are really wanting to ride it, I would suggest rope drop!!! Get there about 45-60 mins before park opening. They let us in a little early and we only waited about 15 minutes for the ride. We were off the ride and it was just at park opening. I am glad we got to experience it, it is cute but I still prefer SDMT, just my personal opinion. Good luck
Good suggestion on rope dropping Slinky Dog.
I believe the entirety of Toy Story land was created to address the park's issue of not having much for the younger sent to do, other than shows. Makes a ton of sense particularly since they announced it the same day, almost in the same breath as they announcement for Star Wars Land, which certainly does not entertain the littles... and may even scare a few.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else price their December park tickets after the new price increase? I only purchased a party ticket and a two-day ticket. My two-day ticket, including taxes, increased by $12.08

Out of curiosity, did anyone else price their December park tickets after the new price increase? I only purchased a party ticket and a two-day ticket. My two-day ticket, including taxes, increased by $12.08
Bought a couple of DVC Gold APs the night before the increase for my daughter and I, they went up $20 each the next morning.

We have DVC Gold APs. (We bought them before the previous price increase, so we'll end up have saved about $150.)

I realized this morning that the last day of our upcoming trip is a blackout date. :( After going through a bunch of discussions about spending a day, then two days, then two days and an evening at Universal Orlando (added price got up to $843 + tax) we decided to make our 5 night trip in December into a 4 night trip, and make our 4 night trip in March into a 5 night trip. We weren't able to book the same category (studio) in March, so we'll have to switch rooms (into a 1BR) for our last night (though we're waitlisted and if the waitlist comes through that'll be two extra nights on the March trip). It "cost" us 6 extra points borrowed from next use year. If the waitlist comes through we'll be able to bank 6 (of the other points used for that reservation) for use in our December 2019 trip.

It could have been a lot worse (like walking up to the turnstile on our last morning at WDW only to be turned away!)

December will be here soon!
  • Roll call updated, welcome new December travelers. : )
    • Please review and advise if any changes are needed. If so, please include your original arrival date in your reply so I can find it quickly. (It is organized by arrival date, then leave date, and then, if needed, alpha by user name.)
  • If you have time, take a look at the first post as it includes links to threads often searched for, such as the ADR cancellation thread for December, the MVMCP thread, etc. I also just added the main links to the two Early Morning Magic events (Toy Story Land and Fantasyland).

Thanks, @chiisai We actually just secured a studio at BWV, so there we are! Was there a social media page you could PM me? thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter