Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for this thread. I'm quite anxious to plan the first SWW for me and my boys - dh and dd will be staying home!!

Subbing!

After missing SWW this year :sad:, we hope to be there the second weekend of June 2015.

We've been to SWW in 2011, 2012, & 2013. My older DS has done JTA twice at SWW and was a padawan in the parade once.

Even though we missed SWW this year, we did go to HS on May the 4th. Both my boys did JTA, my younger DS was finally old enough! We also were able to have dinner at H&V with Jedi Mickey, etc. We also had breakfast at Sci Fi later in the week that same trip.

I'm really hoping they are consistent with the SWW dates AND that they bring back the SW character meals!!!

First TBT of the year....the man, the myth, the legend:

this was SWW 2011 when George Lucas came for the opening of Star Tours 2.0

Hi, all! Sorry if I misread, but did you say that SWW may actually be later in the year next year? That would miraculously work to our advantage if that was the case because I think we may have to go to WDW a couple of weeks later than usual next year.

On a side note, has anyone been watching the previews of Star Wars Rebels? What do you think of it?

Hi, all! Sorry if I misread, but did you say that SWW may actually be later in the year next year? That would miraculously work to our advantage if that was the case because I think we may have to go to WDW a couple of weeks later than usual next year.

On a side note, has anyone been watching the previews of Star Wars Rebels? What do you think of it?

Just because of what it says here
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend/
Watch this space for more information as summer 2015 approaches.

I don't remember in years past them saying anything "in the summer" I think I remember it said late Spring but I could be wrong

I'm actually kinda excited about Rebels, I like the look of it.

Yes!! My family is sooooo excited for Star Wars Rebels after seeing the teasers at SWW and meeting the Rebels' celebs.

I had heard about a new book which is now available called A New Dawn. This book takes place just before Rebels. It shows your how Hera (her character) and Kanan meet!

We bought the audio version (23 hours) for an upcoming road trip that is 18 hours each way.

We are so excited to listen to it. Oct 3rd is the premiere, with Oct. 13th starting the new series on Disney XD on Monday nights!

Just because of what it says here
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend/
Watch this space for more information as summer 2015 approaches.

I don't remember in years past them saying anything "in the summer" I think I remember it said late Spring but I could be wrong

I'm actually kinda excited about Rebels, I like the look of it.

According to the way back machine it did say "Coming Late Spring 2014".

But I hope they don't move it to summer....that would be insane. The crowds are overwhelming now, throw in the summer crowd too. And May would be a tough fill without some big tado, so they'd be biting themselves in the leg.

I wish they could move it to fall, but with Halloween and Christmas and F&W dominating that time it wouldn't make sense either....but the weather sure would be nicer. So would moving it back a little to March/April but spring break kills ya there.

Guess we'll have to wait....anyone remember when the dates came out last year? never mind....looked at the first page and it's already there.....dates came on December 19....so I guess we have a while to wait.

According to the way back machine it did say "Coming Late Spring 2014".

But I hope they don't move it to summer....that would be insane. The crowds are overwhelming now, throw in the summer crowd too. And May would be a tough fill without some big tado, so they'd be biting themselves in the leg.

I wish they could move it to fall, but with Halloween and Christmas and F&W dominating that time it wouldn't make sense either....but the weather sure would be nicer. So would moving it back a little to March/April but spring break kills ya there.

Guess we'll have to wait....anyone remember when the dates came out last year? never mind....looked at the first page and it's already there.....dates came on December 19....so I guess we have a while to wait.

I'm with you. Let's move it to cooler weather instead.

SWW was always listed under spring events in the past. Saying coming summer 2015 or even early summer makes it difficult to pick dates.

Maybe it's listed under spring saying it's summer, so they don't get any backlash when people book vacations for spring and find out it's in summer?

Here is a sneak peak about A New Dawn. There is both an excerpt to read and audio voiced by Vanessa Marshall who plays Hera. The actual audiobook is voiced by John Jackson Miller with a forward by Dave Filoni.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2014/09/03/the-future-of-star-wars-is-here-read-an-excerpt-from-a-new-dawn/

Interesting -- thanks for the info.

Maybe it's listed under spring saying it's summer, so they don't get any backlash when people book vacations for spring and find out it's in summer?

Yeah, I thought about that, too. It does take place pretty late in the spring and it's so hot that it's more like summer. :confused3 Who knows. Do you think that instead of doing just weekends, that they would do week-long SW stuff over the course of several weeks? Like what they're doing with Frozen? Or maybe having certain aspects of it during the week? Like they already had the character dining during the week, maybe they would add merchandise and fireworks during the week, too, with just the celebrities on the weekends? Hmmmm . . . :scratchin

Isn't Memorial Day sort of the "unofficial" start of summer?

Memorial Day weekend is the last second to last weekend in May 2015. Based on previous years, that would be the first weekend of SWW.

Sunshine: keep your ears open if you hear any dates from the 501st

:darth: I sure will! :darth:

In addition I just got back from Dragon Con in Atlanta... if you hit my Enyo Cosplay page on FB (see link below in my signature block) you can catch pictures from our large SW shoot (with more coming as they are posted). In addition to costuming I got the chance to meet Timothy Zahn (there is a picture of me and him out on my FB page as well) and go the the EU (now called Legends) writers panel.... Interesting to hear some of there comments on the future as well as the past and how they worked to blend things together.

Isn't Memorial Day sort of the "unofficial" start of summer?

Memorial Day weekend is the last second to last weekend in May 2015. Based on previous years, that would be the first weekend of SWW.

Well definitely will be looking to the thread for date announcements then ;) Wanting to plan a Disney Cruise around SWW dates this year.

Thanks so much for this thread. I'm quite anxious to plan the first SWW for me and my boys - dh and dd will be staying home!!

Hey Barbara, I'm planning my first SWW too, which will also be a mother/son trip! Can't wait, I'm excited but a little nervous about the heat. DH loves Star Wars too but he cannot tolerate heat so he doesn't want to go.

Just something cool, did you guys see the Obi Wants to Know me focus group sign up that was going around on Facebook awhile ago? Well we all submitted applications for it and DS got picked! It's pretty neat, so far he's done some surveys about Star Wars apps and his general interests. I told him he better let me contribute if they ask about theme park attractions!! ;)

I am excited about Rebels! I won an ARC of A New Dawn at DragonCon last weekend and finished it a couple days ago. It was really good! I am excited to see more about Hera and Kanan.

I am excited about Rebels! I won an ARC of A New Dawn at DragonCon last weekend and finished it a couple days ago. It was really good! I am excited to see more about Hera and Kanan.

You did! That's awesome! Did you win it during Sunday's EU Panel? IF so I was in the same room with my boyfriend.

I had my Mara Jade outfit on and was sitting in the third row :)

pAMCqsQ.jpg

After that is when we meet Timothy Zahn.

tFXByd5.jpg

I could post pictures for hours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter