**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Thanks! Yea, I'm looking for different opinions, especially if you've done the dessert party after a big dinner, or watched the fireworks without going to the dessert party and with the dessert party (probably should have been clearer :) ). Glad to know that you thought it was worth it--the viewing spot was good, in your opinion?
We did the party last year. I had planned for us to have an earlier dinner but it didn't work out that way so we had a QS right before. Because of that, we weren't very hungry at all. So I wouldn't advise a dinner right beforehand if you want to partake in the treats.

And as far as a reserved spot, I did it when the viewing area was different, but it is totally worth it to my family. My husband has social anxiety so crowds are not good for him and I have 2 impatient littles who wouldn't do well with waiting, so we did both the Star Wars one and the HEA one at MK.

We did do general viewing in 2016 when it was the previous Star Wars show but that one didn't have projections so it wasn't imperative to be that close.

Thanks! Yea, I'm looking for different opinions, especially if you've done the dessert party after a big dinner, or watched the fireworks without going to the dessert party and with the dessert party (probably should have been clearer :) ). Glad to know that you thought it was worth it--the viewing spot was good, in your opinion?
It depends between the monetary value and the peace of mind value...will you eat $79 worth of food? no, especially after a big dinner and if you don't indulge in alcoholic beverages...so you will have to see if it's worth it for the main reason of not having to stay in one spot for 2 hours, in the heat or rain.
I have done the dessert party a couple of times and stalked out a spot without it as well. I can tell you that if you or your family are SW fans it's fun to be inside, surrounded by SW atmosphere, the food and drinks are great. Then not worrying about a spot and coming out shortly before Disney Movie Magic starts and having a front row, elevated spot is great.
Now to me personally this spot is too close to the action and you might miss some of the wider aspects of the show but still a good spot.
My favorite and best spot for this show is the taped walkway between center stage and the projection towers,the word has come out though and this spot is filled very early, hence why you need to grab this spot 2 hours before. Especially in the summer months this wait can be brutal

I personally find the viewing area to be far too close now. There was significant obstruction of the fireworks IMO. Pretty solid view of the projections, I think.

Not sure if there have been any changes since we last did it, but we also didn’t like how crowded the dessert party was and that you had to stand the entire time.

We don’t regret doing it, but won’t do it again unless something significant changes about the viewing area and the party itself. We much preferred it years ago when the dessert party itself was held outside in the viewing area.

I did this last year, when the viewing was not where it is now. Do other people agree with the previous posters that the new viewing area is too close?

We just did this party in March and really enjoyed it. If it were me I would have a late lunch at the Derby and a small protein snack (to offset all the sugar from the desserts!) in the early evening to tide me over until the party started.

I noticed on the WDW website that the attractions listed for Star Wars Galactic Nights did not include Rock 'n Roller Coaster. I was really looking forward to riding it with the Star Wars themeing. Do you think this is just an omission or do you think that it will not be open during Galactic Nights? Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed on the WDW website that the attractions listed for Star Wars Galactic Nights did not include Rock 'n Roller Coaster. I was really looking forward to riding it with the Star Wars themeing. Do you think this is just an omission or do you think that it will not be open during Galactic Nights? Any help would be appreciated.
They have not posted RnRC for GN in the previous nights and t has been open with SW music. I wouldn't worry about it.

I did this last year, when the viewing was not where it is now. Do other people agree with the previous posters that the new viewing area is too close?
yes, too close to appreciate the wideness of the show but still better than other spots. If you are doing the party the best spot in the viewing area is back and to the left as you look towards the Chinese Theater

I can't comment specifically because I haven't seen it. Our last trip was June 2015. We did that dessert party over Star Wars Weekend V (the very last one). Anyway, that was great, but didn't have the projections. One thing we did, though, in MK was watch Wishes Fireworks twice - once close and once further away. This way, we got the closer viewing for projections on the castle and another time got the larger panoramic view of the fireworks behind and around the castle. Don't know if other posters can vouch if this would be a decent plan for SWAGS at DHS.

Planning ahead for December. Going by last year's schedule, I know that they brought SWAGS fireworks back the week before Christmas (which is when we'll be there)...did they also bring the SW dessert party, or was it *only* the JBJB dessert party that week? Any insight would be helpful as I start to plan out ADRs for that week. Thank you!

SWaGS and the SW dessert party resumed on Dec 15th and both shows and dessert parties were offered.

:worship: You just saved my whole ADR plan! Now let's hope they stick to the same schedule as 2017...! :santa:
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Was JB! new last year? My thought (and hope) was that they suspended SWAGS for the season last year to introduce this new JB show, then based on demand and the timing of the release of Episode 8, they brought it back on an alternating schedule with JB!. My hope is that they have a schedule in mind for both for the entirety of the season, not just after mid-December. We are going Nov. 22-Dec. 2. Really don't want it blacked out for our entire run, we are really looking forward to SWAGS and the dessert party!

So we attended the dessert party on Monday, April 23. Thanks to everyone here who answered my questions (especially @FastPasser) and helped me decide whether to go.

We loved both nighttime shows, the pre-show and the Galactic Spectacular! We found a seat on an elevated curb on the back left corner, like had been suggested, and it was the perfect spot. Everyone in our party group stayed seated, which really helped. We felt like we had front row seats to the projections, and were so close that we could feel the heat from the fire effects. (Was not expecting those!) I didn't mind that there were fireworks behind and beside us as well as in front. Most of the time it was the same fireworks just being repeated in a circle, so I didn't feel like I was missing anything by not being able to see them all at once. Instead it made for a real "surround" kind of experience, like we were in the heart of the action!

The fireworks show is what makes this party worth it, IMO, the desserts alone would not justify the price. (I feel very bad for anyone whose show gets cancelled.) I'm guessing people must arrive well before opening time and wait at the entrance, because we arrived shortly after 7:30 to find the place packed, with no tables available in the party area. The party area felt cramped and the lines from the food tables got in the way of walking around. The desserts themselves were beautifully themed, but VERY very sweet for my tastes. I think I only took a few bites of each offering before I had to move on. Later I discovered the "savory" table which had a nice selection of hummus and pita bread, plus grapes and cheese. I hope they never take away those offerings because they are necessary to balance out all that sugar!

CMs running the party were all very attentive and helpful. One saw us looking for a table and directed us outside the party area where we set up next to BB8's greeting spot. Another overheard us discussing which desserts might be lactose free and directed us to a chef in the far corner who gave my son some tofu ice cream! He was very happy with that. I chatted with a CM or two but I was too shy to ask if anyone there was or knew Fastpasser. :oops: Seems silly of me now of course but oh well. We got a spot near the front of the group heading out to the fireworks area and got to see the storm troopers lead us out.

As a short person and someone who isn't really a fan of crowds or of "defending my turf," having a reserved spot for the fireworks was a HUGE boon and is primarily what makes this party worth it. The desserts are good overall (loved the blue milk pudding) and I advise eating a only light snack for dinner before hand or you'll never be able to enjoy them.

Seems that number of attendees can really affect how the party feels. When we were there mid-April, there seemed to be plenty of tables (vs number of people) and I never had more than one person in front of me when waiting for a drink or Nutella.

Was JB! new last year?
It was the second year.
My thought (and hope) was that they suspended SWAGS for the season last year to introduce this new JB show, then based on demand and the timing of the release of Episode 8, they brought it back on an alternating schedule with JB!.
Nope, it was pretty much planned from the beginning.
We are going Nov. 22-Dec. 2. Really don't want it blacked out for our entire run, we are really looking forward to SWAGS and the dessert party!
The schedules for SWaGS and the SW dessert party are not out, but if they repeat last year's schedule, you'll miss both the show and dessert party.

It was the second year.
Nope, it was pretty much planned from the beginning.
The schedules for SWaGS and the SW dessert party are not out, but if they repeat last year's schedule, you'll miss both the show and dessert party.
Do you have any insight into the possible schedule this year or when it would be released? Are we thinking July or so?

With Star Wars as popular as it is, I can't really possibly imagine Disney shutting it down that long without it being just for upgrades or changes to a show. It just doesn't make sense to me...unless there's something I can't think of.

I chatted with a CM or two but I was too shy to ask if anyone there was or knew Fastpasser.
I was elsewhere on your night, but no one would know who that is. I prefer to remain anonymous.

The other thing is that it would have depended which CMs you spoke to. There are two groups of completely separate CMs at the Launch Bay during the party. The actual LB CMs are not that familiar with the party, or the CMs working it. There are only four CMs that facilitate the party and they are actually Epcot Event CMs and have nothing to do with DHS. But both groups wear the LB costume and it's impossible to tell which is which.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter