**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Do you have any insight into the possible schedule this year or when it would be released?
Nope, too soon.
With Star Wars as popular as it is, I can't really possibly imagine Disney shutting it down that long without it being just for upgrades or changes to a show. It just doesn't make sense to me...unless there's something I can't think of.
If you're referring to the six weeks in Nov and Dec, they have shut it down and probably will again this year.

I was elsewhere on your night, but no one would know who that is. I prefer to remain anonymous.

The other thing is that it would have depended which CMs you spoke to. There are two groups of completely separate CMs at the Launch Bay during the party. The actual LB CMs are not that familiar with the party, or the CMs working it. There are only four CMs that facilitate the party and they are actually Epcot Event CMs and have nothing to do with DHS. But both groups wear the LB costume and it's impossible to tell which is which.

I asked at the check-in podium as I thought that was your most likely post....was told you weren't there...hope they were right and I didn't pass up an opportunity to say "Hi" (April 17 )

I asked at the check-in podium as I thought that was your most likely post....was told you weren't there...hope they were right and I didn't pass up an opportunity to say "Hi" (April 17 )
They wouldn't know as other CMs only know me by my real name. I was at AK on the 17th.

Seems that number of attendees can really affect how the party feels. When we were there mid-April, there seemed to be plenty of tables (vs number of people) and I never had more than one person in front of me when waiting for a drink or Nutella.

I think our day ended up being rated a 3 crowd-wise, so I was a bit surprised at how crowded the party felt. Once we got out into the fireworks area though, there were free spaces to sit or walk and it felt more comfortable. The lines were longest at the beginning of the party. After the initial rush died down, it was much easier to just walk up and get food.

I was elsewhere on your night, but no one would know who that is. I prefer to remain anonymous.

The other thing is that it would have depended which CMs you spoke to. There are two groups of completely separate CMs at the Launch Bay during the party. The actual LB CMs are not that familiar with the party, or the CMs working it. There are only four CMs that facilitate the party and they are actually Epcot Event CMs and have nothing to do with DHS. But both groups wear the LB costume and it's impossible to tell which is which.

Aw, well good to know that you weren't there anyway! I guess I would have gotten some strange looks if I had asked. :D

So there hasn't been talk about Galactic Nights lately. Anyone have a game plan yet?

Our Saturday flight got changed so now we are flying in on Friday night and will bum around for Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon.

another unrelated SW post. For those following along, Gustavo (my son) has officially signed his British Revolution contract and is the main bassist for the band, so he's performing Mon,Tues,Fri,Sat and Sun, unless he's sick or another sort of emergency.
Question for @FastPasser. no chatter on anything May 4th related right?

That is awesome! Congrats to mama!!

We are doing the dessert party on our upcoming trip in two weeks and very excited! We did it last year and loved it. I have a question for this year as this is the first time I did an allergy notation for gluten on the reservation. The Disney dining person could not tell me how this works, only to say to make sure I remind the person at check in. Does anyone have an experience with this? Do they make a special plate of gf treats like other dessert parties do? If so, who do I have to locate inside the party to find it?
TIA!!

Does anyone have an experience with this?
Just a little.
I have a question for this year as this is the first time I did an allergy notation for gluten on the reservation. The Disney dining person could not tell me how this works, only to say to make sure I remind the person at check in.
The CM you spoke to on the phone was correct. It will be noted on the guest list and if the check-in host notices the note, they will explain it to you or ask the CM who gives you your credentials and makes the spiel to explain it. If neither does, mention it to them.

If none of that happens, once inside the party area, head over to the Nitro station and speak to the Chef and they will take care of you. It's as simple as that.
Do they make a special plate of of treats like other dessert parties do?
The Chef will give you the appropriate desserts with an explanation, but I've never noticed them making up a plate.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which showing of the A Galaxy Far, Far Away show and the March Of The First Order the tour group go to now? We're going next month and I'm trying to avoid going to the same showings that they are because of the reserved area. All of the previous reviews I've checked are out of date now.

Still waiting for Disney to post a Galactic Night schedule to make a game plan. Hopefully it will be up soon.

Us, too. We just found out that our son who was born on the first date of the original "Star Wars: A New Hope" will be joining us. We're dying for more information and also a report on tonight's Disneyland May the Fourth celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter