**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Not sw or dhs related but i know some of you for many years on this board and wanted to share. Gustavo ( my son) started with British revolution at Epcot today. Not sure what his schedule is yet but he will take over bass from now on (main bass player left) so if you're at the park and see a skinny, short, kid that looks 15 that would be my son :)
He's still singing with frog choir and ragtime gals over at universal
::: adds British Revolution attendance to schedule ::: :surfweb:

If they are still working on August dates I'll give it a little while before I start stalking the website for Sept dates. This party is an absolute must do for my Star Wars obsessed, I'm going to be a Stormtrooper when I grow up 4 year old son. This trip is going to be a surprise for him and I want to make sure to do something special since he's getting a little sister in about a month and I know he's going to have a hard time adjusting from only child to having a baby in the house.

Booked Dessert Party for Aug 29th this morning!

I noticed this in the description. Is Disney Movie Magic the seasonal show or is end of September the end for SWaGS?

Enjoy an out-of-this-world selection of desserts and specialty drinks—including alcoholic beverage options. Nibble on Darth Vader cupcakes, and then blast off from Star Wars Launch Bay as you make your way to the best spot in the universe to experience Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show and—beginning October 1, 2018—Disney Movie Magic! To remember the very unique evening for a long time (in a galaxy not so far, far away), you'll receive a souvenir Star Wars novelty

It took two different browsers and moving a bunch of ADRs around this morning but I got us in for the Aug 27th party!!! :banana:

Is Disney Movie Magic the seasonal show or is end of September the end for SWaGS?
SWaGS is expected to continue beyond Sept. Movie Magic is a 10 minute projection show which is currently being shown 20 minutes before SWaGS. I'm unclear why the description says "beginning October 1, 2018—Disney Movie Magic!" because it has been playing. I wouldn't be concerned even if it's suspended at some point until Oct 1st, it's filler with generic Disney stuff.

SWaGS is expected to continue beyond Sept. Movie Magic is a 10 minute projection show which is currently being shown 20 minutes before SWaGS. I'm unclear why the description says "beginning October 1, 2018—Disney Movie Magic!" because it has been playing. I wouldn't be concerned even if it's suspended at some point until Oct 1st, it's filler with generic Disney stuff.

Thank you for clarifying. I had completely missed that there was a projection show added at DHS. Do the SWaGS dessert party attendees get taken outside in time to see it?

This party is an absolute must do for my Star Wars obsessed, I'm going to be a Stormtrooper when I grow up 4 year old son.

Have you explained to him that the Stormtroopers are target fodder, second only to the droid army units? Roger, Roger! :D
(Yes, I had a luke skywalker halloween costume, why do you ask?! Wanted to be Chewbacca but they were sold out...)

just booked the dessert party for my family for August 1. :teeth::teeth:
Questions:
1. The party starts at 8:30pm. The board suggests to get lanyard 30 minutes prior to the starting time. If I do that, do I get to enter the party area before 8:30pm?
2. If I want to meet Chewbacca and BB-8, when would be a better time to do so?? Before or after I pick up my lanyard?? During the dessert party??????
3. The fireworks is scheduled to start at 10pm that night. When will we need to leave the party to the viewing area??

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!