**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Debating trying to book this for our trip. I have an 11 yo son who loves Star Wars but we are going to Galactic Nights on our last evening... How good is the view from the dessert party viewing location? I am very surprised that Disney is not holding the party on Galactic Night and charging a premium for it.

I am very surprised that Disney is not holding the party on Galactic Night and charging a premium for it.
I don't think it would sell. There are ample food offerings, so you'd be cannibalizing from those locations and a VIP viewing area is not necessary on that night. You'd also use up time that could be better utilized on Galactic Nights activities.

I am very surprised that Disney is not holding the party on Galactic Night and charging a premium for it.

You wouldn't want to waste time doing a dessert party - similar to why I wouldn't do a dessert party during a MNSSHP or MVMCP. There's so much to do and eat and drink anyway. We went in Dec and there was plenty of room for the fireworks show.

I'm still here, super busy, you're doing an excellent job btw.
Maybe with working 7 days a week I'll be able to afford to go to the desert party again and harass the team that checks us in:D
@FastPasser. It WAS you when I checked in at the party in December. :D I asked if you were fastpasser and you said no, even asking the lady assisting you if she had heard of "Fastpasser". (That could have even been Yulilin3!) Then throughout the party you kept teasing me for being the dumb blonde! Boy, was I ever, for believing you when you said you weren't fastpasser.! Do you always go to the party in stealth mode? Lol!

Just booked our first SW dessert party for June 11th! We are very excited. :)

Going to have to Uber back to the resort with all those available drinks.

So I really do qualify for the dumb blonde jokes, because apparently we went in March! :PThe 6th to be exact. I did look at his name tag but of course 20 minutes after leaving the party, out the window it went.....I really EARNED that dumb blonde status and darned proud of it. (Only now the blonde is grey! Lol And 25 years ago I might not have laughed, but what 25 year old doesn't take themselves too seriously?)

The joking was all in good fun and I certainly did not take exception to it. My bad if it's a case of mistaken identity. :magnify: Carry on! :D

Just noticed that July dates are no longer grey --- Calendar shows all dates in blue and able to book, but checked just about all dates and nothing available

Just noticed that July dates are no longer grey --- Calendar shows all dates in blue and able to book, but checked just about all dates and nothing available
I went to Chrome incognito mode and then did the right click to open the booking time up in a separate window. That tip came from the HEA dessert party thread and it worked for me.

I went to Chrome incognito mode and then did the right click to open the booking time up in a separate window. That tip came from the HEA dessert party thread and it worked for me.

Thanks for the tip -- but not sure July dates available, so going to call -
You were able to book for July ?

June 11th but I've been trying for a couple weeks.

Yep- I see a ton of June dates available for booking - it's July that I am looking for - I am able to search, but everything showing as unavailable - yesterday, was all Gray and couldn't even select a date

I'm potentially interested in a SW dessert party on September 30th. I know that there currently aren't any scheduled shows after June 30th, but in case they show up, can someone explain to me how the timing of this works with Fantasmic? We're only doing one HS day and would like to see both shows if possible.

So I read when they changed the seating area for the dessert party that the view isn't that great from the stage area. Is this still the case, we are going in early October, how hard will it be to find a good view then without the dessert party? We missed it last time because JBJB replaced it that December. I have a scifi fan DH and DS (not just SW but Star Trek, Dr. Who, and Stargate) so they will definitely mutiny if we miss it this time.:duck:

July dates are bookable now. Just booked July 10th for my family, they will be sooo happy about it!
We did the party in 2016 and we loved it.

I'm potentially interested in a SW dessert party on September 30th. I know that there currently aren't any scheduled shows after June 30th, but in case they show up, can someone explain to me how the timing of this works with Fantasmic? We're only doing one HS day and would like to see both shows if possible.
Fantasmic is usually right before SWAGS which is when the dessert party is. There is most likely no way to do the party and Fantasmic. Based on timing is isn't very easy to see both on the same night even if you do not book the party.

More details on Galactic Nights
8 Things You Need to Know About This Year’s Star Wars: Galactic Nights
Jenn-headshot-32x32.jpg

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Star Wars: Galactic Nights, the one-night special event, will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studioson May 27.

In case you aren’t familiar, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is a thrilling Star Wars-themed event held after park hours from 7 p.m.-midnight. It celebrates the entire Star Wars saga with out-of-this-world entertainment, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise and F&B, and encounters with rarely seen characters that guests can only experience during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.

Here’s what you’ll find this year:

• The event-exclusive projection show, Star Wars: Galactic Destinations, will debut a new, surprise planet. Keep your eyes open!
  • New talent from the Star Wars galaxy will make a special appearance during the event.
  • Guests can meet an array of legendary Star Wars characters, many who are available only during Star Wars: Galactic Nights, including Rey, Captain Phasma, the 7th Sister, AWR Stormtroopers, Darth Vader and even EWOKS.
  • Fan-made Droids! Droid Builders, the international community of Star Wars fans who build their own replica robots from the Star Wars galaxy returns with new droids to surprise guests.
  • The Seize the Saga Scavenger hunt returns with a new immersive photo location. Guests who collect all the clues will be rewarded with exclusive artwork that will enhance their event credentials.
  • An exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Nights poster will be given to every guest.
  • Limited-edition, event-exclusive merchandise will be available featuring art from the upcoming movie Solo: A Star Wars Story.
  • Guests can savor their way through the galaxy with new menu offerings available only during this event. Tasty new items include loaded red curry duck fries inspired by the Battle of Crait and dueling gazpacho inspired by the famous lightsaber duel between Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Sith Lord Darth Maul.
Park access and all activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders.

Tickets are now available at all Walt Disney World ticket locations and are priced at $129 for adults and $124 for children ages 3-9 (discounts available for annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members). Tickets can also be purchased online at Disneyworld.com/galacticnights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter