**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I may have missed it but from Dec 15-31, both the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! party and the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will be offered.

Do you know this for certain or what you are hearing?

If they do, which one would you recommend?

Our factors: We've never done one, never seen either show, and have never been during Xmas season until this year. Two young Star Wars crazy fanatics (DS 5 and 7). We only plan to be at HS that afternoon and will be doing JTA (early sign up then hopping to AK), TSMM, ToT, and ST (via FP ) and whatever else and characters we have time for. It will be our last night at Disney and will be Dec 19th, so it would be nice to have some Xmas cheer before heading home too.

I can't thank you enough for your posts throughout these forums. Your joy for your job, plus the information you share, is invaluable. Anytime I see your posts I try to read!

Do you know this for certain or what you are hearing?
Yes, it is for certain. Below is a direct quote from Disney.

"From Dec. 15-31, both the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party and the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will be offered."

If they do, which one would you recommend?
My preference, as far as the party goes, would be the JBJB party mainly because of the setting.
I can't thank you enough for your posts throughout these forums. Your joy for your job, plus the information you share, is invaluable. Anytime I see your posts I try to read!
Thanks for the kind words, it's my pleasure.

To change topics for a while. The stage at center stage where A Galaxy Far, Far Away takes place was recently reassembled after being removed for a short time. A new stage concept comprised of movable platforms that would be removed before the night time shows was rumored to be what would replace the permanent stage. Something didn't work as planned and the permanent stage suddenly reappeared.

It was thought by many experts that it was the end of the movable stage concept, thus the return of the old stage. I didn't think the project was cancelled for a minute. And after watching the movable stages being tested backstage tonight, too big to fail applies in this case. And I mean they are big.

Picture the existing stage with the screens in position for the "A Galaxy Far, Far Away" show. Divide that setup into three sections. Add large wheels and motors to move it from backstage to Center Stage, and that's the new setup.

Each stage section is about 50 feet long with built in video screens that rise up for the show. It's a very impressive system. It was working, and there is no way it's not going to be used.

To change topics for a while. The stage at center stage where A Galaxy Far, Far Away takes place was recently reassembled after being removed for a short time. A new stage concept comprised of movable platforms that would be removed before the night time shows was rumored to be what would replace the permanent stage. Something didn't work as planned and the permanent stage suddenly reappeared.

It was thought by many experts that it was the end of the movable stage concept, thus the return of the old stage. I didn't think the project was cancelled for a minute. And after watching the movable stages being tested backstage tonight, too big to fail applies in this case. And I mean they are big.

Picture the existing stage with the screens in position for the "A Galaxy Far, Far Away" show. Divide that setup into three sections. Add large wheels and motors to move it from backstage to Center Stage, and that's the new setup.

Each stage section is about 50 feet long with built in video screens that rise up for the show. It's a very impressive system. It was working, and there is no way it's not going to be used.
Cool! Any idea when they will start using it? It'd be neat to see on our trip in a month! I only hope we don't end up at a time when they are tearing down the old stage and stop the show for a couple days :( I know some people say it's just a glorified Star Wars fashion show, but I'm all for that!

So I have been stalking the WDW website for the Star Wars dessert parties to open up…I am specifically looking to go on November 2. Wouldn't you know, they opened up the dates through October 31st, and NOW just released the Jingle Jam dessert parties starting November 9th…Ugh! I'm so frustrated! So currently there is NOTHING for November 1-8th…does anyone think they will add Star Wars parties in here? Thanks! I'm getting slightly impatient waiting :P

Cool! Any idea when they will start using it? It'd be neat to see on our trip in a month!
Nope, they've been backstage working out the bugs for a few weeks. They look great and appear to be moving around ok. No date on when the switch will take place though.
It'd be neat to see on our trip in a month!
Here's the thing, when the 3 sections are in place, I don't think most people will be able to tell that it's not the current stage.

Wouldn't you know, they opened up the dates through October 31st, and NOW just released the Jingle Jam dessert parties starting November 9th…Ugh! I'm so frustrated! So currently there is NOTHING for November 1-8th…does anyone think they will add Star Wars parties in here?
It's one of two things. It's either a glitch in the system and those dates will become available, or because it's the same exact team that puts on both the SW and JBJB parties, they may need some time to work out the details and maybe even do a test run of the JBJB party before it actually switches over. Hopefully for you it's just a glitch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a week off.

Yes, it is for certain. Below is a direct quote from Disney.

"From Dec. 15-31, both the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party and the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will be offered."

My preference, as far as the party goes, would be the JBJB party mainly because of the setting.
Thanks for the kind words, it's my pleasure.

Thanks for the bolded! We are there Dec 9-16. My DDIL picked that for the Christmas stuff, but my DS really wants to see all the Star Wars stuff. I didn't want him to miss the fireworks. Now we can plan for Dec 15th!!

Awesome news! Had a friend that went to SWAGS in May and said I had to do it. But my trip is in December I was afraid JBJB would be my only choice. Now I can go to SWAGS 12/15. I did notice the hours for HS went from closing at 8 that night to 9. I did have to change my ADR for Biergarten from 6:50 PM that night to earlier in the day. I may have died trying to eat there and then heading to the dessert party.

Question, though: Even though I can't reserve through WDW site, any chance a CM would be able to book SWAGS on 12/15 by calling?

Last edited:
It's one of two things. It's either a glitch in the system and those dates will become available, or because it's the same exact team that puts on both the SW and JBJB parties, they may need some time to work out the details and maybe even do a test run of the JBJB party before it actually switches over. Hopefully for you it's just a glitch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a week off.
Yes we do know. SWaGS will take place up until Nov 8th.

Wait....this OP is asking about the same time I did...are you saying that now it's not scheduled? If they will not be running SWAGS, it would mean that there is no reason for us to go to HS at all during our trip this year.

So confusing.....o_O

Question for the Disers in the know :o:
I have booked the Fantasmic package for lunch on Dec 15. The reservation says: "Fantasmic 1st Show". Now there's only one show announced, and since it's at 8:30 pm, it would be impossible for us to go to the SWaGS Dessert party on the same day. Do they usually stage an earlier show in December? What time should it be?

I'd love to go to the Galactic Nights party if it's available on Dec 16, but I don't think my niece and nephew would be interested, they are not big SW fans (I know, I know, shame on me! :darth:)

I have booked the Fantasmic package for lunch on Dec 15. The reservation says: "Fantasmic 1st Show". Now there's only one show announced, and since it's at 8:30 pm, it would be impossible for us to go to the SWaGS Dessert party on the same day. Do they usually stage an earlier show in December? What time should it be?

I'd love to go to the Galactic Nights party if it's available on Dec 16, but I don't think my niece and nephew would be interested, they are not big SW fans (I know, I know, shame on me! :darth:)
I think most dining packages say "First Show" even when there is only one show. For all of the Rivers of Light packages in September (when there is only 1 show a night), they say First Show.

2nd and sometimes 3rd shows are added but only to the later days of December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter