*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

My resorts have finally been finalized for my trip next month. Could you please update my roll call?

October 25 - November 3 - GDT, BWV & CBR. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Adding a day on to my trip! I was at WL the 23-27th and then YC the 27th however I was chosen for a VIP tour the day after our work trip officially ends :cheer2: I'm so excited for this! Don't know many details yet except I believe we're doing 3 parks and ending in Epcot. Anyway changed to CBR for the 27-29th. Not thrilled to be going from deluxe to moderate but I've never stayed at CBR so there's that:)

It doesn't take a meteorologist to read the National Hurricane Center maps but as one, I'll let you know that the cones of uncertainty is an educated guess, at best, of where these systems will go. They take all the models that exist and find the most common path and that's where your projected path comes from. Based on what I'm looking at, Jerry won't be an issue, Karen is expected to turn westerly this weekend (which could be bad but its still so far out that I wouldn't be too concerned about it yet) and then TD 13 has formed off the African Coast but it expected to shift North, way out in the Atlantic so I'm not worried about that one ever reaching the states. Also keep in mind, once October hits, all the storms tend to fizzle as it's towards the end of hurricane season. It technically doesn't end til November but October storms are way less common than September storms. TS Karen is the one that I'm watching since that's the only one that could impact my vacation unless something develops in the Caribbean, which is always possible. Karen reminds me of Jose 2 years ago. We were in Disney when that was hovering off the Atlantic Coast but never was a threat and just caused Orlando to be extremely dry and hot (even hotter than usual, I believe it was 95 degrees everyday and not a cloud in the sky all week)

LOL still having trouble reading it. Looks like Karen will miss Florida?

I know you really have to look at for a bit. Gives you quite a bit of information though. Still very unpredictable because that's what these weather systems are so it's almost impossible to say whether Florida will be affected eventually. Looks like as of this time that Tropical Storm (NOT a Hurricane) Karen is expected to approach PR, USVI and BVI by Tuesday. If you check the cone maps you may get a better idea.

Last edited:
Adding a day on to my trip! I was at WL the 23-27th and then YC the 27th however I was chosen for a VIP tour the day after our work trip officially ends :cheer2: I'm so excited for this! Don't know many details yet except I believe we're doing 3 parks and ending in Epcot. Anyway changed to CBR for the 27-29th. Not thrilled to be going from deluxe to moderate but I've never stayed at CBR so there's that:)

We're staying at CBR for the final leg of our trip and going from a DVC to a moderate. I'm pretty excited! :hyper:

Last edited:
I know you really have to look at for a bit. Gives you quite a bit of information though. Still very unpredictable because that's what these weather systems are so it's almost impossible to say whether Florida will be affected eventually. Looks like as of this time that Tropical Storm (NOT a Hurricane) Karen is expected to approach PR, USVI and BVI by Tuesday. If you check the cone maps you may get a better idea.
Thanks for the help. Hope it just doesn't pour all day everyday. I don't mind an hour rain shower everyday, just not ALL day!

Thanks for the help. Hope it just doesn't pour all day everyday. I don't mind an hour rain shower everyday, just not ALL day!
Forecast looks good (I'm pretty sure you and I arrive on the same day). The highest chance of rain is Wednesday, 10/2 with only 35%. I know this can change, but I'm thinking positive!

My resorts have finally been finalized for my trip next month. Could you please update my roll call?
October 25 - November 3 - GDT, BWV & CBR. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Updates have been made!

ONE WEEK Until OCTOBER 1st!

Here's who we have in queue for leaving within the week: (WOW!)
Bathing suits and sunblock packed?
Get those backup chargers and batteries charged.

Sept 27 - Oct. 5 - buteraa
Sept 27 - Oct. 5 - Azjenn - YC
Sept 27 - Oct. 6 - monica9 - AoA/Poly
Sept 28 - Oct. 3 - KBosch - CBR (Hubby & kids' first time!)
Sept 28 - Oct. 4 - evlaina
Sept 28 - Oct. 5 - Atc77 - AKV Kidani (someone's turning 10!)
Sept 28 - Oct. 5 - FFMickey - VWL-CC/BWV
Sept 28 - Oct. 5 - RAPstar
Sept 28 - Oct. 6 - DOrlo - AKV
Sept 29 - Oct. 1 - apxstitch - AS-Movies - (Happy Birthday!)
Sept 29 - Oct. 2 - Jannephotog - POP (girls trip!)
Sept 29 - Oct. 4 - Cee - OKW (Happy Birthday Sis!)
Sept 29 - Oct. 4 - evlaina - BC
Sept 29 - Oct. 15 - pooh'smate - POP
Sept 30 - Oct. 4 - sjs314 - YC
Sept 30 - Oct. 4 - magsnwonderland - VWL-BR
Sept 30 - Oct. 5 - TinyDancer - CSR
Sept 30 - Oct. 4 - TikiBirdRunner - POFQ - (bachelorette weekend!)
Oct. 1 - Oct. 5 - mkb3 - POP (10th Anniversary!)
Oct. 1 - Oct. 11 - MaleDisneyBeliever - CBR (kid's first time!)
Oct. 1 - Oct. 10 - kitkat4622 - POFQ

Is it bad that I'm hoping Karen follows this path so it makes people think twice about their trip and therefore creating lighter crowds? In all seriousness though, its still really far out and even if it turns westerly like this map shows, that doesn't mean it'll come anywhere near Florida. Hypothetically speaking, if it did continue this westerly path then it would hit Florida on Monday/Tuesday which is the last night of Illuminations and then my Oct 1 MNSSHP so it would definitely put a damper on the vacation.

Last edited:
I would say it's too early to tell how she will effect crowd levels for you. Die hard people that have already paid and unless they kick people out of Ft Wilderness they will stay and ride it out. Others will hunker down in the hotels. MNSSHP is non refundable and we have 3 weeks till we head down and Karen will be long gone by then.

Last edited:
My good friend and I are finally booked for the Hilton October 8th - 12 and have MNSSHP tickets for 10/8, the day we arrive.

Wishing for a generous fairy god-dis’er with DVC membership to perhaps help grant us an early magical entry at 2pm if possible. I have an AP, but my friend does not... Feel free to PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter