OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Welcome! :welcome:Hoping to get to Paris Disneyland in 3 years :) And enjoy the eating that goes with American style Thanksgiving! We will be at Marriott Cypress Harbour (full kitchen) and I plan on picking up a traditional Thanksgiving dinner from Publix (grocery store) so all I have to do is pick it up, pour some wine and eat :D

I've been to Publix! (Used to be very close to an American.... long story XD) And yes! Us Brits normally do our big Turkey dinner at Christmas so I'm excited to get it early this year. XD

Ok, I THINK we have our plans "Finalized" for our trip. Here goes

11/25 Arrive, hang out at resort
11/26 Magic Kingdom Rope Drop CRT 9:25 Breakfast Park closes early so go to Epcot 6:55 Dinner at Coral Reef Illuminations
11/27 Bon Voyage Breakfast 9:15 then off to Magic Kingdom all day(Extra Magic Hours Night) will go back to the room/pool in the afternoon at some point before heading back
11/28 Epcot(Extra Magic Hours Night) Akershus 11am Breakfast Biergarten 6:50 Dinner Again, will head back to room at some point in between lunch and dinner
11/29 Hollywood Studios 9:40 Disney Jr. Breakfast 6PM Fantasmic Dinner at Mama Melrose
11/30 Animal Kingdom Sanaa 12:15 Lunch Hopefully Tiffins ROL dinner package. Still waiting on schedule
12/1 9:40 'Ohana Breakfast Magic Kingdom 5:30 Chef Mickey's Dinner Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
12/2 Leave

11/26 Magic Kingdom Rope Drop CRT 9:25 Breakfast Park closes early so go to Epcot 6:55 Dinner at Coral Reef Illuminations
11/27 Bon Voyage Breakfast 9:15 then off to Magic Kingdom all day(Extra Magic Hours Night) will go back to the room/pool in the afternoon at some point before heading back
11/28 Epcot(Extra Magic Hours Night) Akershus 11am Breakfast Biergarten 6:50 Dinner Again, will head back to room at some point in between lunch and dinner
11/29 Hollywood Studios 9:40 Disney Jr. Breakfast 6PM Fantasmic Dinner at Mama Melrose
11/30 Animal Kingdom Sanaa 12:15 Lunch Hopefully Tiffins ROL dinner package. Still waiting on schedule
12/1 9:40 'Ohana Breakfast Magic Kingdom 5:30 Chef Mickey's Dinner Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
12/2 Leave

I forgot to add that it's me, DW and DD7 from 11/25-11/28 and then DD7's BFF and her parents will be there 11/29-12/2. SHHHH! They don't know!!! ;)

12/2 Leave

Great plans! Just an FYI but if you do Chef Mickey's at 5:30 you might miss some of the Christmas party. I would do it earlier & try to be in MK by that time. But that's just my opinion & my kids can't hang late so we would need to get in as much as possible before 9pm.

Great plans! Just an FYI but if you do Chef Mickey's at 5:30 you might miss some of the Christmas party. I would do it earlier & try to be in MK by that time. But that's just my opinion & my kids can't hang late so we would need to get in as much as possible before 9pm.

Thanks for the heads up! Not really worried about them staying up late because it's our last night there. The party doesn't start until 7 that night. Do you still think we'll miss time at the party? The party we're going with wanted to book BOG or CRT while we're at the party but I knew that would eat up too much time

Thanks for the heads up! Not really worried about them staying up late because it's our last night there. The party doesn't start until 7 that night. Do you still think we'll miss time at the party? The party we're going with wanted to book BOG or CRT while we're at the party but I knew that would eat up too much time

Not sure of you are aware, but you can get into the park at 4 pm with the party ticket.

The real thing to consider for scheduling dinner during the party is that many people will line up for key meet n greets early. If you like to meet characters keep in mind that lines might be long by the time you get in to the park. Any sit down meal will take a long time and eat in to the party time. At Chef Mickey's you'll have to consider going through security as well to the time table.

If you're coming into MK from Chef Mickey's, you'll go through security at the Contemporary, before you board the monorail.....that would save you time vs walking to the MK and going through the regular security gates.

The real thing to consider for scheduling dinner during the party is that many people will line up for key meet n greets early. If you like to meet characters keep in mind that lines might be long by the time you get in to the park. Any sit down meal will take a long time and eat in to the party time. At Chef Mickey's you'll have to consider going through security as well to the time table.

All good points!

A lot of the meet & greets start before 7. @King Dominic i would think about what your group wants to do at the party & decide what time you need to get there.

I'm a little late to the cruise party you all had on Friday but we are likely booking a Disney Cruise for April 2018. I haven't cruised as an adult so I am a bit nervous. We are looking at 7 day Fantasy of Eastern Caribbean with Star Wars day at Sea . We want a super relaxing vacation and hope a cruise would do just that. We are crazy to book it before we even do Disney in November but DH got a new job so luckily we can afford a little splurge this year :cool1:

Chiming in re: dinner reservations during MVMCP. If you don't care to line up for characters, is it OK to have a dinner reservation during MVMCP? I booked a 6:35 BOG because we aren't interested in much until the 8 p.m. Frozen show. I figured that gives us 90 minutes to eat and meet the Beast, and then we'll be heading out of BOG right when the Frozen show starts. We aren't worried about a prime spot and will just scoot in somewhere. We plan to stay for the parade and fireworks later than night, but no plans to line up for characters at this point. In our case, is there any issue with having dinner during the party?

Chiming in re: dinner reservations during MVMCP. If you don't care to line up for characters, is it OK to have a dinner reservation during MVMCP? I booked a 6:35 BOG because we aren't interested in much until the 8 p.m. Frozen show. I figured that gives us 90 minutes to eat and meet the Beast, and then we'll be heading out of BOG right when the Frozen show starts. We aren't worried about a prime spot and will just scoot in somewhere. We plan to stay for the parade and fireworks later than night, but no plans to line up for characters at this point. In our case, is there any issue with having dinner during the party?
I have BOG at 5:50 on a night we are going to the party. It will be nice to be sitting in a restaurant while they are clearing out the park.

Depending on how long it takes for them to seat us I think we could be done by 7pm, maybe a little later. We don't care for characters either... I don't see a problem with having dinner during the party. Some people feel you pay for the party so don't waste time sitting in a restaurant. It seems that you're doing what works for your family. I don't know how crowded it will be to get to the Frozen show in time though...

We have a BOG dinner at 6:30 on our party night and I don't mind either! But we've done the Christmas party before. The only issue is if you wanted to get in line early for one of the exclusive meet and greets, such as the seven dwarves. We got in line at 5:30 during our first party for a picture with them. This year, we just want to see the parade, the fireworks, and ride the rides. So as long as we're out of BOG by 8, I'm happy with that!

117 days for us it looks like their will be a lot of xmas stuff to do so it should be a lot of fun

What are your favorite DIS podcasts? I have a general plan for our trip but am looking to finalize before I need to book fast passes!

I'm a little late to the cruise party you all had on Friday but we are likely booking a Disney Cruise for April 2018. I haven't cruised as an adult so I am a bit nervous. We are looking at 7 day Fantasy of Eastern Caribbean with Star Wars day at Sea . We want a super relaxing vacation and hope a cruise would do just that. We are crazy to book it before we even do Disney in November but DH got a new job so luckily we can afford a little splurge this year :cool1:

We wanted a relaxing vacation too and that's why we booked the cruise. The Star Wars day at sea sounds like a lot of fun. If the 4 night cruise goes well, I'd consider booking a longer cruise. I was afraid to do more than 4 nights because I've never been on a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter