"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally caved and bought our MVMCP tickets yesterday (12/10) I was going to wait until our flights were booked but I had a heck of a day at work and that really cheered me up :) I was torn between a Sunday and a Tuesday - but Tuesday is EMH pm at Epcot which I wanted to enjoy and Sunday is middle of the trip which I think will be nice. I have gone to a Thursday and Tuesday before, so I am hoping Sunday isn't more crowded than either of those were.

Any thoughts on a 6:30 pm BOG reservation on a party night? Will I be ok doing a sit down at that time and not miss too much of the party?

Any thoughts on a 6:30 pm BOG reservation on a party night? Will I be ok doing a sit down at that time and not miss too much of the party?
I wouldn't do it. It's hard enough to do everything we want during a party as it is.

But others do it and are happy with it.

I just think Disney dining is expensive enough without also using party time to do it.

We did BOG night of the party and had no regrets a couple years ago BUT it was a dream of mine to dine there and I had no idea if/when I'd get another chance. If BOG is a special dining experience that you or someone in your party really wants to do and this is your only chance this trip I'd take the party time and do it. If you'll have another shot at it, or you're just kinda interested in it, I'd skip it.

I did this my first xmas party and majorly regretted it, they were running about 30 mins behind and then dinner was overly rushed on both our end and theirs - I also think the food is overrated for the cost here.

Touring Plans blog just had a post about the least crowded dates for the MVMCP 2017. They rank each of the dates from least crowded to most crowded. Check there and see which one is the lowest out of your choices.

I'm pretty sure they base that on ride wait times though, and since that's not what most people go to the parties for, I'm not sure how helpful it is.

I did this my first xmas party and majorly regretted it, they were running about 30 mins behind and then dinner was overly rushed on both our end and theirs - I also think the food is overrated for the cost here.

I have 6:30pm BOG res this year for a party.

Were you guys out in time for the parade?

We originally had 6:30 but were able to swap for a 5:25 dinner. We figure we'll show up around 5:00 to get in as early as possible. Even if it takes an hour and a half, that's just 7pm and right when the party starts. We're on the hunt for a 4:30ish reservation if one pops up.

I've only been to Disney once (Nov 2015) and going again (Nov 2017), so I can only share my own personal experience and thoughts which isn't much.

Depends on many things.... what all do you plan to see and do during the party, how important is a BOG dinner reservation to you, will you ever go to another MVMCP or BOG dinner again, have you been unable to get reservations for another night or were you simply hoping to fit it all in that day, will you stay until the party ends, etc. Some people want to do it all at the parties (from reading posts), some want to see rare characters mostly and anything else is bonus, some want to ride with less wait time, so it depends on what's important to you.

In 2015, we had CP reservations for 6:15 on our party night and even with 3 kids soaking up all they could with Pooh and Tigger and all the others, we had plenty of time. But that being said, we didn't plan to get in any of the character lines. We wanted to ride SDMT a few times with a super short wait, a couple other rides with no wait and we still did all that and didn't miss the parades and performances, and we didn't stay all the way til close. We even were front row for the big parade (closer to the castle, not on Main St.). This, with a then 9, 8 and 6 yr olds. And at that time, we thought that was going to be our one and only trip to Disney.

This trip, we have party tickets and I scored a BOG ressie for 6:45. Last time we had breakfast at BOG, so I couldn't pass this reservation opening up. BUT, we plan to be at MK all day and have a table service lunch and only have dessert at BOG.

Just my thoughts....when people advise this or that, you have to understand their reasoning behind it. Everyone could say "no I wouldn't do it", but why, what if their reasons wouldn't affect you at all;):thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure they base that on ride wait times though, and since that's not what most people go to the parties for, I'm not sure how helpful it is.
It's not.

I like Touring Plans, but unless they've changed their formula for party nights, I wouldn't even bother reading.

We originally had 6:30 but were able to swap for a 5:25 dinner. We figure we'll show up around 5:00 to get in as early as possible. Even if it takes an hour and a half, that's just 7pm and right when the party starts. We're on the hunt for a 4:30ish reservation if one pops up.
Are you booking ADRs through the MVMCP link or the regular one? I'm curious how early they're accepting ADRs with a party ticket. Now that 6-7 is an EMH for party goers I wonder how that'll change dining.

Are you booking ADRs through the MVMCP link or the regular one? I'm curious how early they're accepting ADRs with a party ticket. Now that 6-7 is an EMH for party goers I wonder how that'll change dining.

I believe that ADRs from 4-6pm are booked through the regular reservations page (with or without a party ticket) and from 6-close through the party dining link (requires a party ticket).

I believe that ADRs from 4-6pm are booked through the regular reservations page (with or without a party ticket) and from 6-close through the party dining link (requires a party ticket).
Ok. So non party goers can still technically make a 600 ADR but not ride the rides past this time. Still trying to sort all this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter