"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this cost extra or is it included in the price of our tickets to be included in this Mickey's Very Merry Christmas?

If you had the choice between attending a Thursday 12/7 or Sunday 12/10 party, which one would you go to? (For lower crowds)

Last edited:

Thank you for the response! There's No price difference but am concerned about crowds and if one day is more crowded than another.

It's really hard to guess between those 2 days. So the tickets cost the same, neither is a Friday which is traditionally the busiest parties nor is it a Tuesday which is traditionally the slowest.

Like I said, I'd just guess and go Sunday. I would think any locals might be more willing to take kids late on a Thursday to end the school week than on a Sunday which would start off the school week.

If you want you can wait to buy the tickets. Just do a quick check once every morning and make sure neither has sold out. If one does end up selling out even a few days before then you can grab tickets to the other.

My family will be attending the MVMCP for the first time in eight years. We're all really excited, and I'm trying to get my head around everyone's biggest priorities. It's my husband, myself, and my two girls (12 AND 10 by party time). We're going to be attending Dec. 17th so I know it won't be one of the slower parties being so late in December. The parade, fireworks, and Christmas show with Mickey at the castle are the biggest priorities for us. We've got another day at the MK that week to get more rides in. But I was wondering what time the characters are normally done for the night? Is it 12 when the party ends or before that. I don't want to put some of my girls must sees off till later if they aren't going to be there. We vacation at Disney at least 2-3 times a year so the rare characters are the bigger deal for us. I'll be getting in the line for the dwarfs really early and let my husband take the girls on some rides, but I would love to fit nick and judy in and a few others that are not out during normal hours. Thanks for any info!

My family will be attending the MVMCP for the first time in eight years. We're all really excited, and I'm trying to get my head around everyone's biggest priorities. It's my husband, myself, and my two girls (12 AND 10 by party time). We're going to be attending Dec. 17th so I know it won't be one of the slower parties being so late in December. The parade, fireworks, and Christmas show with Mickey at the castle are the biggest priorities for us. We've got another day at the MK that week to get more rides in. But I was wondering what time the characters are normally done for the night? Is it 12 when the party ends or before that. I don't want to put some of my girls must sees off till later if they aren't going to be there. We vacation at Disney at least 2-3 times a year so the rare characters are the bigger deal for us. I'll be getting in the line for the dwarfs really early and let my husband take the girls on some rides, but I would love to fit nick and judy in and a few others that are not out during normal hours. Thanks for any info!

It just depends on the characters' lines. If there is a long line the cast members will cap the line and not let anyone else enter. Sometimes this can happen as early as 11. I would definitely prioritize the characters you want during the beginning of the party. Sometimes if the characters don't have a long line you'll be able to almost walk up and see them later on in the party. But it is taking a gamble.

It just depends on the characters' lines. If there is a long line the cast members will cap the line and not let anyone else enter. Sometimes this can happen as early as 11. I would definitely prioritize the characters you want during the beginning of the party. Sometimes if the characters don't have a long line you'll be able to almost walk up and see them later on in the party. But it is taking a gamble.
Thank you! I'll probably let the girls both choose one character request at the beginning, and then we'll see who still has an open line closer to the end. Just didn't want to burn all our time hopping from one character line to the next!

Anyone know if the fireworks will still be the "Holiday Wishes" or if they will change them with the new "Happily ever after" show?

I was able to get a BoG ADR on Dec 1 at 9:55PM during MVMCP. Unable to secure the ADR for BoG any other nights of our trip. Any ideas about what we will be missing at that time of night in the party? (first time party goer)

Can I make a lunch adr at 3pm at BOG if I only have a ticket that day for MVMCP? I know gates open for MVMCP at 4pm but early adrs are allowed before rope drop at parks.

Can I make a lunch adr at 3pm at BOG if I only have a ticket that day for MVMCP? I know gates open for MVMCP at 4pm but early adrs are allowed before rope drop at parks.
No

ETA your ticket doesn't actually guarantee a 4 pm entry (just a party from 7-12). Getting in at 4pm is simply the early entry Disney has previously allowed to prevent backups getting in for the party and missing party time. When you go to MK for a party you have to enter through a certain line to ensure it takes your party ticket entitlement not a regular day from your park ticket. If you arrive and enter prior to that special line being setup and opened it will deduct a day's admission from your regular park ticket or will say you do not have valid admission to enter as it is only looking for a regular ticket not a party one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter