"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

If some of the special characters are on your must do list, you'll miss out on lining up early and be subject to longer lines later during the party.

There is also the possibility that you won't be seated until after 6:10, even as late as 6:30. If that happens, you won't be out by 7:00.

My family doesn't do characters so that part won't be an issue! ;)

i'm to believe the parades are 8:15 and 10:30,, hopefully , these times would make both our dinner times, no problem, as soon as you come from eating i'd get myself set up for parade, can get crowded early and people ( some ) can get very pushy, lean out right in front of you to get pictures, can be bothering especially if your trying

If some of the special characters are on your must do list, you'll miss out on lining up early and be subject to longer lines later during the party.

There is also the possibility that you won't be seated until after 6:10, even as late as 6:30. If that happens, you won't be out by 7:00.
do you feel i'll have a problem withy 8:00 bog dining reservation ? I want to see the 7 dwarfs and jack skellington before, than eat , than line up for parade ?

do you feel i'll have a problem withy 8:00 bog dining reservation ? I want to see the 7 dwarfs and jack skellington before, than eat , than line up for parade ?

I can't answer you for sure, because this is our first time too. I've just been reading a lot and making a plan.

I do know the dwarfs and jack skellington are two of the most popular. I don't see how you could do both of those in an hour. Even if you're the first person to see the dwarfs, you would then have to get in the line for skellington (or vice versa), and that second line will already have a long wait.

Your 8:00 ADR also means you'll need to do the second parade. The first one is at 8:15, so there's no way you'll be in place for that. In fact you'll be pushing it to be done in time for the fireworks.

We did the party last December, and seems like we spent the majority of our time in line for characters. If, and that's a big IF, we go during our trip in November, I've instructed my husband that we are to take advantage of the rides, parades, and fireworks this time.

i think i know where the dwarfs will be, however not sure where jack will be,, I know they say you have to line up for the dwarfs by 6.. i have seen the fireworks so many times, don't care about missing them

if party starts at 4:00, why such a wait to see characters, i.e. Jack Skellington ?

The party doesn't start until 7, but you can enter the park early around 4pm. Sometimes Jack and the Dwarves start meeting before 7, but many partygoers start lining up around 5-5:30, so the lines are long all night.

i have a tony's reservation at 3:00, so might cancel BOG, ( been there a couple of times ) , kind of really like to see those characters and however i can this trip , maybe have some ice cream later to hold us, or grab something at a fast food, its my husband who is the one always hungry, not me, i will keep trying different things.. Thanks again

i think i know where the dwarfs will be, however not sure where jack will be,, I know they say you have to line up for the dwarfs by 6.. i have seen the fireworks so many times, don't care about missing them

In the past, Jack has met in the back of Storybook Circus.

For the folks that have attended before, are the ride wait times published in the My Disney Experience app during the party night?

For those who feel that they are a little more in the know than the rest of us, how do you think we should be doing, crowd wise for the party, on 10 November, smack between Election Day and Veterans Day the next day? Should we expect a sellout?

Can anyone recommend any good Trip Reports of people doing the Party during their trip? Bonus if they have (a) kid(s)! I've tried searching, but it's nearly impossible to find what I'm looking for without reading every TR, which I wish I had time to do, but I just don't!!

Do people "dress up" for the party? I mean.... like deck themselves out in their "ugliest christmas sweaters"? I may be going to the party in mid-November and I am wondering if I should pack a "festive" outfit.

Do people "dress up" for the party? I mean.... like deck themselves out in their "ugliest christmas sweaters"? I may be going to the party in mid-November and I am wondering if I should pack a "festive" outfit.

Some do, some don't. There is a mix of regular clothes, holiday shirts/hats/ears, and then full-out outfits/costumes (I use that word loosely, meaning full head-to-do holiday attire, ugly sweaters, etc). Just do whatever makes you comfortable. We go all out with full costumes for MNSSHP, but for the Christmas party I usually stick to festive shirts. Last time I got one of those light bulb necklaces that blinks, but took it off halfway through.

You will see tons of the ugly sweaters (Christmas and Hanukkah). A million different forms of Santa hats. Some plain, some Disney affiliated, or some, like mine, localized or sports related (Boston Bruins). Some people will have attire with a jingle bell or 2. The important thing to remember, don't try to pass yourself off as a character or Santa and/or have people line up to take pics with you.

For those who feel that they are a little more in the know than the rest of us, how do you think we should be doing, crowd wise for the party, on 10 November, smack between Election Day and Veterans Day the next day? Should we expect a sellout?

That's the day we are going as well! :santa:

That's the day I might be there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter