"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

I think it's worth doing once. The crowds are insane. The park is beautiful but you can see it that way another night.
We did it once, and literally said "never again" and have stuck by that.

Oh trust me, it is NOT an almost empty park. LOL. It's the complete opposite.
Most people (my observation) are waiting in hours long lines to meet characters, especially the 7 Dwarfs. Will wait in line 2 hours for it.
Or princesses and their princes. For those who love character pics, this is the only opportunity to get these kinds of pictures.

So if it's me and the fiancée mainly wanting to ride a lot of rides, see Christmas Wishes, and experience the Christmas atmosphere, then the crowds won't affect us too much?
Sounds to me like it feels like an empty park in terms of rides but a full park for character greetings and the parade. Those who have done it, is that a fair statement?

This is what confuses me. I've heard this and then I've heard that it's an almost empty park with walkons on almost every ride.

I haven't been, but I've heard it's both. Most people don't go on rides, so waiting for the holiday characters is long and getting a good spot for parade and fireworks is tough. But if you go on rides, then apparently the waits are very short!

Sounds to me like it feels like an empty park in terms of rides but a full park for character greetings and the parade. Those who have done it, is that a fair statement?
Well, based on my MNSSHP experience, I would say yes. We did first parade last time, and while I held a parade spot near Hall of Presidents, DH and DD tried to meet Aladdin. Couldn't get through the line in a little over an hour.

But we didn't really do any rides. For MVMCP, we are planning on second parade so we can hopefully avoid some of the busyness.

Our tickets arrived today and I've got a question as to how exactly this works. We'll be spending the bulk of the day a MK anyway, via our 4 day pass, so when/where do we take our tickets to get that squared away? Do they get linked to the MagicBands we already have?

Seriously, I need an "Explain Like I'm 5" rundown for this.

LOL - will try to cover this off for you.

You will be able to link your tickets to your magic bands. Just log in and make sure they are linked to your Disney account.

To get the armband there will be several areas where you can go to pick them up. They just scan your magic band and put on the 'paper' bands as proof of entry. For the Halloween party we were given a flyer with the locations - not sure if this is the same. But there are several locations scattered around the park so you don't have to head back to Main Street.

Hope that helps

Myself and two teenage daughters (17 & 15) might be able to tag along on a business trip with my husband Nov 11-17. So we would have Sat-Wed for Disney World stuff. We had our first trip Feb of this year (Disney and Universal), but this trip we would only go to Disney world. I'm thinking of getting a 3 day hopper and the MVMCHP ticket. Thinking about Tuesday Nov. 15 for the party. We wouldn't use the hopper on the day of the party, so just the party at MK 4pm-midnight. If we are more focused on rides/parade/fireworks do you think the extra cost of the party vs. adding a day to the hopper will be worth it in lower wait time for rides?

I purchased tickets and used the print at home option since shipping to Canada was $25! If we only have the e-ticket print out and no magic band can I still make fast passes from 4-7?

So if it's the fiancée and me mainly wanting to ride a lot of rides, see Christmas Wishes, and experience the Christmas atmosphere, then the crowds won't affect us too much?
Yes, that's pretty much true!
Crowds also are less at hard ticketed events because Disney limits number of tickets sold.

Myself and two teenage daughters (17 & 15) might be able to tag along on a business trip with my husband Nov 11-17. So we would have Sat-Wed for Disney World stuff. We had our first trip Feb of this year (Disney and Universal), but this trip we would only go to Disney world. I'm thinking of getting a 3 day hopper and the MVMCHP ticket. Thinking about Tuesday Nov. 15 for the party. We wouldn't use the hopper on the day of the party, so just the party at MK 4pm-midnight. If we are more focused on rides/parade/fireworks do you think the extra cost of the party vs. adding a day to the hopper will be worth it in lower wait time for rides?
IMHO, yes...

If you want to watch the parade from Main St, then you will experience high crowds.
However if you choose to watch the second parade over near Liberty Square you only need to find a spot approx 30 minutes beforehand.
The park isn't "empty", but most rides have less than a 20 minutes wait, in my experience. Except, of course, for 7DMT, and possibly Space.
Character lines for unique characters (7 Dwarves) are insanely long...
I know I didn't answer yes or no, but wanted to be clear.

IMO that would be correct with the exception of Jingle Cruise, Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. The lines form for character greetings. It is CrAzY crowded on Main Street around 7 PM with party guest entering and non-party guests exiting...nightmare getting up Main Street and we will NOT enter the party ever again at this time. Plan on arriving at the park by 4 PM and getting as far away from Main Street as possible by 7. :scared: The first parade crowd on Main Street is also insane but during the evening we never saw any crowd what so ever in Tomorrowland or the newer part of Fantasyland. Adventureland was crowded from the entrance at Crystal Palace to Jingle Cruise then almost deserted. Frontierland/Liberty Square was pretty crowded during/right after parade times otherwise very easy to get around. Most of the rides were less than 30 minutes wait and some of the character greetings were also short waits. The shows were awesome and the atmosphere is festive. I recommend attending the party "with a plan". Eat your evening meal in the late afternoon saving "party time"; watch the later parade and wait until later in the evening for character visits. We don't do rides during the party unless it's a "walk on". To many other fun things to do that you've paid extra for. After 11 in the evening the Main Street crowd is fairly low and we spent our last hour enjoying the "snow" and taking pictures. :tink:

Who knows if the Memory Maker is available for the party only and where/how is it purchased? DH and I will be making our first trip ALONE since 1978...I know we could ask other guests to take our picture but I hate to bother others and would be so much easier with a Memory Maker.:tink:

Who knows if the Memory Maker is available for the party only and where/how is it purchased? DH and I will be making our first trip ALONE since 1978...I know we could ask other guests to take our picture but I hate to bother others and would be so much easier with a Memory Maker.:tink:
They offered 1 day MM last year for around $39.00.
Check in MDE, I don't believe it was available until closer to the party.
I also belive that you can call and have it added on...

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I just want to make sure....

At the Halloween party, you can get a picture in front of the carriage at HM and get a magic shot and the HM characters are much more animated. Is there anything like that at the Christmas party? I want to make sure I know everything that is possible at the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter