"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

do you feel i'll have a problem withy 8:00 bog dining reservation ? I want to see the 7 dwarfs and jack skellington before, than eat , than line up for parade ?

Judging from my first time at the party last year I'd say that will be impossible. You will not be able to meet Dwarfs & Skellington before your reservation. You're BOG reservation is right in the middle of the party...could you change it to BEFORE the party? People begin lining up for the Dwarfs VERY early and the line can be up to an hours wait in no time. Your meal will take at least an hour; at that time of the night, you'd have to be VERY lucky to get through the Dwarfs line in an hour which only leaves you a few minutes to find a spot for the parade. You're plan will create a lot of stress and you'll miss so much with that 8 PM reservation. I was very upset with myself last year for not having a better plan. We basically "played it by ear" and missed SO MUCH. Don't mean to discourage you but you may want to rethink that plan. You should at least plan on lining up for the Dwarfs at 6 PM or earlier; finish that meet/greet and could possibly meet some of the "minor" characters before your reservation and then plan on Jack Skellington after the parade. Good luck. :tink:

Trying to convince myself why I need to spend another $441 on this trip for 5 tickets.

We aren't the kind of people that plant ourselves on main street 90 minutes before to watch the castle show or see a parade. We normally catch the parade from Frontierland and the fireworks from Fantasyland. We aren't going to wait on line for any of the big stars, like 7D, etc. Alot of the time we are running from ride to ride and keeping an eye on the parade/fireworks times.

That being said, $441 is awfully steep, even with some "cookies" and "brown water."

Flipside, being in the park when it's fully decorated can't be beat, even if it's more than a month before Christmas.

Sounds like you've already convinced yourself that it's not worth the cost, which you listed twice. That's all cool and totally respectable, so what's the point of your post then?

I'm heading to a party in Dec on the last night of a 5 day trip with my niece, nephew, and mom. I've been debating in general if I should do the Memory Maker. Is there anything about the party that would sway my decision on the Memory Maker? Any special photo opportunities or things you couldn't get elsewhere?

Sounds like you've already convinced yourself that it's not worth the cost, which you listed twice. That's all cool and totally respectable, so what's the point of your post then?
Because I'm on the fence. Wouldn't have beat myself up about it a few years back where it was 2 adults, 1 kid and 2 freebies. Love the parade, love the atmosphere, but the steep price tag is bothering me. I think that I would have already pulled the trigger were it not for so many people remarking about how the first week of the party is typically a sell out.

Because I'm on the fence. Wouldn't have beat myself up about it a few years back where it was 2 adults, 1 kid and 2 freebies. Love the parade, love the atmosphere, but the steep price tag is bothering me. I think that I would have already pulled the trigger were it not for so many people remarking about how the first week of the party is typically a sell out.

:scared: eek!

How does a sold out party affect your experience? I guess you have to find seats for the parades and fireworks earlier, get in line earlier for the popular characters, and wait in longer lines for the rides and M&Gs. But if you don't care to meet many characters and there mostly for the rides and atmosphere.... does a sold out party really matter?

Flipside, being in the park when it's fully decorated can't be beat, even if it's more than a month before Christmas.

The park will be fully decorated on days without the party too. The only thing you'll miss as far as decorations is the snow.

Personally, $400 extra would be too much for me too. I'm joining my DSIL and DNiece, we're using the military discount, and it's the night before our cruise, so not doing any other tickets. That made it worth it for me this time.

I'm heading to a party in Dec on the last night of a 5 day trip with my niece, nephew, and mom. I've been debating in general if I should do the Memory Maker. Is there anything about the party that would sway my decision on the Memory Maker? Any special photo opportunities or things you couldn't get elsewhere?

They have had a one day MM purchase for the party in the past, and yes there are special magic shots for the party.

I definitely get this I have a son who is crazy about Christmas so it's a no brainer for me but the price this year has me going only one night instead of 2. It's going to be crowded so your going to have to plan for that but the parade and atmosphere the shows etc. can't be beat for us. Since your going the first week there is no way to see the extras without doing the party.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to buy Christmas Party tickets and get FPs in addition to those from a regular ticket that you used that daY. I know there must be a thread and I have looked around but I can't find it.

Our tickets arrived today and I've got a question as to how exactly this works. We'll be spending the bulk of the day a MK anyway, via our 4 day pass, so when/where do we take our tickets to get that squared away? Do they get linked to the MagicBands we already have?

Seriously, I need an "Explain Like I'm 5" rundown for this.

You didn't actually ask a question though, just kinda stated stuff. So, I will take a stab at answering the question, which you still haven't actually asked.

You already said you're not interested in the "brown water," seeing the shows, or the parade (you realize it's different on party nights right?), or the "big stars" which I assume to mean the dwarves, Jack, princes, etc. Plus, you can see all the park xmas decorations on non-party nights.

Final answer, you shouldn't do it.

Planning on attending on Dec 18th...will already be at MK on that day. If we are already there how do I get our wristbands for the event? First timer at the Christmas party so not familiar with procedure. Might as well throw in another first timer question. Can i get a set of fastpasses for the day at MK and then get a whole new set of fastpasses for the event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter