*Official* May 2010 Thread - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's May!

I only have 6 more full working days left! Sounds much better than 10 days!

Can't wait, I was going to start packing some things up this past weekend but I realized I wear so much of the stuff that I'll be packing that it would be pointless. I probably won't pack until the night before we leave. We'll go shopping for our drinks/snacks on Wednesday night, I'll pack Thursday night and we'll head out around 3 am on Friday morning!

The great thing is I'll be out of town with a bunch of friends this weekend as well so time should fly by!

Need Opinions
Hi everyone: I want to get opinions on the Fantasmic Dining Package vs. the second showing of Fantasmic. Has anyone ever gone to the second showing of Fantasmic when it is offered? How are the crowds and the wait? I initially booked the Fantasmic Dining Package for May 25th so that my DD and I don't have to wait as long to get into the show (she is ADHD and mildly mentally challenged and does not do well with long lines). They have now added a second show for 2 nights of our trip. I have done the package once before and only had to show up 30 minutes before the show and it was great. But this time, even with the package, I was told to show up 60-90 minutes ahead of the show. Has anyone done the package recently? Or would I do better with the second show? We don't have a problem with the lateless of the second show. Thanks in advance for any opinions!

The first and last showing of Fantasmic I went to was the second one...and they didn't bring out the fire breathing dragon for it... I was super disappointed! I don't know if they can only get it to work once a night or if something was just wrong with it that day, but...based on my experience...I would say go with the first.

We are staying at Pop Century for 4 nights beginning May 21. It's a suprise SCHOOL'S OUT trip for the DS8 and the DD6. I just booked my package for the Disney Visa Kid's Stay Play N Dine FREE offer. It's been 2 years and I am sooooo excited!

Five days! I bought and packed our sunscreen last night, and I think the only things left to pack are DD15's clothes (she can't decide what to wear!) and DH's clothes (because he procrastinates.)

Sunday evening we'll be arriving at POP and we will be meeting up with DBIL, DSIL and DMIL for a big multi-generational, multi-household family vacation!

Friday is almost here!!! Started laying stuff out today to see what i need to get and what is ready to go!!!! Yeah!!!!!

:tink:

I would wait for the second show, since the last I heard people with the package still had to show up way early and wait with the hoardes of other people. The only benefit is guaranteed seating. However, the later show is normally less busy and requires less waiting. I'd go with the later show. We'll be there the same day. I thought about going to the later show as we don't have the package, but my mom still wants to go to the earlier one, so that's what we'll be doing. Just out of curiosity, which restaurant are you picking?

Thanks! Even though the second show is a late one, I think we will wait until the late show. I have reservations for the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose, but I believe I'm going to cancel them. I'm only on the Quick Service Dining Package and would have to pay extra for the meal. It would be worth it if we could get into the show earlier than everyone else, but now that you can't do that, I don't think it is worth the extra cost. Since the show is late and we have Park Hoppers, we can always go back to the hotel and get some rest and return to the Park in time for the later show.

20 days!

This time next month we'll be waiting for the bus to Epcot so we can spend the day in Future World, and I can ride Soarin' and Mission: Space for the first time!

Soarin' is Awesome!!! Sending some front row pixie dust your way.:cheer2: Enjoy the ride!

Soarin' is Awesome!!! Sending some front row pixie dust your way.:cheer2: Enjoy the ride!

Thanks! :goodvibes

We are officially in the teens-19 days!!

This time next month we'll be checking our bags at the resort before getting breakfast and taking ME to the airport to go home. :sad:

So, our next big decision is "do we try to get DD1 off the bottle before we go or wait?"

We are switching her over to all milk this week so it won't really be necessary and she's already down to just 2 bottles a day. The rest she's on sippy cup, so I'm assuming it shouldn't be too hard.

I guess we'll try it this week and see how it goes and make the decision from there. It would be nice to not have to drag all the bottle junk with us.

By the way, did I happen to mention:

23 days!!!!!

Woohoo! Everyone is getting so close to their trip. I still have to pack a few things, or everything. I am panicking because people on here who have 20 days to wait are already packing and I don't have anything ready yet :lmao:. I'm a last minute person. But honestly I am beginning to find that I cannot sleep at night anymore, or fall asleep early.

Listen you non-packing people, I'll give you what for! ;) Get to work! and if I must I will come help! You are all doing this to make me crazy, you know you are :hyper:

Almost there! :cool1:

I haven't started packing yet, but I did drag the suitcases out of their storage spot. That counts for something, right? My goal for today is to make lists of what needs to go in to those suitcases, and tomorrow I shall pack!
:yay: So excited!

In exactly 1 week I should either be in a park by now or at least on our way to a park. :cool1::banana::banana:

My 3 kids are completly packed, our "stuff" is pretty much all packed, sunscreen, glow bracelets etc. Dh and I are a different story we will have to do laundry Monday night and then pack on Tues as we don't have nearly enough clothes to live off and be packed.

Listen you non-packing people, I'll give you what for! ;) Get to work! and if I must I will come help! You are all doing this to make me crazy, you know you are :hyper:

I can picture some people's reactions when I say this. I am leaving on Sunday and am not going to start to pack until Saturday....night.
:cutie:

I can picture some people's reactions when I say this. I am leaving on Sunday and am not going to start to pack until Saturday....night.
:cutie:

You may not start putting things into suitcases but you have started packing if you are making sure the clothes is washed and things are in piles. Don't be afraid to admit you are one of us. :rotfl:

You may not start putting things into suitcases but you have started packing if you are making sure the clothes is washed and things are in piles. Don't be afraid to admit you are one of us. :rotfl:
I actually don't have anything ready yet :s

Okay we're going may 8th through the 14th staying at all star music for our honeymoon .. I have already started packing my things i don't need here at the house now. i'm doing good i'd say lol :woohoo:

May 24-29, 2010
Single mom-- taking my adopted 7yo DS for his first WDW trip

Any tips for single parents? Been wondering if there are lots of "family" restrooms. DS doesn't really like to go in women's restroom, but I will not send him alone into the mens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter