Official July 2018 Thread!

I'd like to try modifying my fastpasses, but don't you have to give yours up before you can even see what's still available? I'd be way too worried about losing the ones I had!
I did that this morning. You don't have to give yours up to see what is available. Just be sure not to hit the cancel button. I think you want to use the start over option instead if you are on the website.

By the way, the fp selection for the website was extremely slow this morning at 7:30am EST. I had to hit the reload button and that helped. But it was frustratingly slow.

Last edited:
Joining the July trip fun! :cheer2:
We just booked last week for mid July and through a lot of luck/pixie dust, I got FP+ for all the headliners, including FoP, SDD, TSMM, FEA, 7DMT etc despite being around 50 days when we booked.

We haven’t been down in almost 5 years, but used to do June annually and a few extra trips in August. This is our first July. I’m mostly curious about park hours (namely MK) being short :confused3 When did this start? Only one PM EMH in 7 days and only till midnight? I’m also hoping AK hours will extend till 10pm since we’re hopping over one night to see Pandora at night and try Na’vi standby.

I checked just now and I was able to get fp's for Slinky Dog Dash for July 5th at 10 am. I was shocked that it was available. I never would have thought to look if it wasn't for the heads up by people on the Dis.:) :disrocks:

Hi everyone! We are heading home July 9-14th. This was kind of a spur of the moment trip, but we are all so excited. We weren't planning on going this year because I didn't want to attempt a 12+ hour drive with a baby, so we planned a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN (about 5 hours from us). After thinking, we didn't want our new son's trip to be anywhere but Disney. (Since I have been with my husband and step-kids, Disney is the only vacation we've been on). One stipulation, we had to fly. So I found some cheap flights but then one of my step-sons said he wasn't flying. But after some convincing, and realizing the rest of us may be headed to Disney without him, he caved.

We were originally booked at CBR with a Unique Offer Code, but we have since switched to All-Star Music in a Family Suite (seeing as there is now 6 of us). We are still playing around with the idea of AoA, but its another $400 so I think we will probably just save that and try there next time.

I'm very concerned about the heat, our usually trips to Disney are late May/early June, and our last one was the week before Christmas (2016).

No more options for TSL FP on 7/1 and 7/8, my dates, but that's okay. I have Slinky Dog in the evening. I like my new plan for HS even more than my original plan that involved a morning FP that has never materialized: rope drop TSMM (for any willing to get up with me for 7:00 a.m. extra magic hours), leave by 8:00 and go to a waterpark, return around 4:30 for just our FPs, and head to Morimoto Asia for dinner! We are staying at the YC, so easy back and forth.

I didn't find any significant difference in the weather between our June 4-8th, 2016 trip and the July 1st to 5th trip we took last year. It will be hot, humid, and have periods of rain. :)

I have never been in July but I’ve done mid June 5 times and late August 4 times. They are both hot, humid and periods of rain. I will say that I manage the heat better in August than June simply because I’ve had a couple months of hot weather at home to get used to it.

I'd like to try modifying my fastpasses, but don't you have to give yours up before you can even see what's still available? I'd be way too worried about losing the ones I had!

You can modify without giving yours up first. Click the fast pass and then modify and confirm the people and then it will show the times to change it to or for a different experience in the same Park. If you want to check other parks, it’s a bit more cumbersome, but doable. I’m just not sure of how early I want to start a couples of days and if we want to do an extra evening event or water parks.

No more options for TSL FP on 7/1 and 7/8, my dates, but that's okay. I have Slinky Dog in the evening. I like my new plan for HS even more than my original plan that involved a morning FP that has never materialized: rope drop TSMM (for any willing to get up with me for 7:00 a.m. extra magic hours), leave by 8:00 and go to a waterpark, return around 4:30 for just our FPs, and head to Morimoto Asia for dinner! We are staying at the YC, so easy back and forth.
What a great way to maximize your day! Since yesterday, I have been able to move both our FOP and SDD fastpasses to better times. My HS plan is getting much better. We will be done by noon and able to have pool time before heading to dinner at The Boathouse.

What a great way to maximize your day! Since yesterday, I have been able to move both our FOP and SDD fastpasses to better times. My HS plan is getting much better. We will be done by noon and able to have pool time before heading to dinner at The Boathouse.
I like your plan, too. Although I love the ambience of HS, we are not a show family, so we don't find a full days worth of attractions to keep us there. A perfect opportunity for more time in the water and a great dinner, though!

So I posted we are at WDW after our DCL July 4 but not planning on the parks. Turns out my family doesn’t believe me and thinks I will go weak in the knees and book us anyway. (No really family peeps... we don’t have tickets!). So, if there is a (severe) moment of weakness or I find a money tree in our backyard, would I have ANY shot at fast passes less than 30 days out?!?!

I think it will depend on what FP+s you are looking for. I did a quick 'test' on Thurs, July 5 for MK, Epcot, HS and AK. Other than SDD and FOP, there is FP available. Some rides are more open than others, but it looks like there is still a decent selection, depending on park and ride. Next I checked Sat, Jun 30 (TSL opening) for an idea on less than 30 days and on a known busy day. There is a lot less availability (including Spaceship Earth having none?) but still some rides have decent availability.

I think that if you feel you will have a (severe) moment of weakness or find a money tree (if you do, can you send some seeds this way? :rotfl2:), it may be something that would benefit you, from a FP availability perspective, to do sooner rather than later.

An alternate idea, you could do 2 days at the waterparks. Ticket prices (based on family of 4, all 10 y.o.+) would be significantly less, with waterparks coming in around $550+ (4 people x 2 days) and theme parks coming in around over $1,150 (4 two-day park hopper plus tickets). While it is not the theme parks, it is a cost savings (including if you get the umbrella rentals at each waterpark @ $70 per rental, based on availability), there are no FPs to worry about.

So I posted we are at WDW after our DCL July 4 but not planning on the parks. Turns out my family doesn’t believe me and thinks I will go weak in the knees and book us anyway. (No really family peeps... we don’t have tickets!). So, if there is a (severe) moment of weakness or I find a money tree in our backyard, would I have ANY shot at fast passes less than 30 days out?!?!

This makes me laugh because we aren’t doing the parks before our DCL in November & my DH keeps waivering. I keep pricing out tickets just in case. I guess we’ll be doing this for the next 5 months. A money tree would be awesome.

Yay for Disney mail! We received our MBs last Saturday. I went out to buy navy dry fit capris on Saturday for my trip and came home with a bunch of stuff. Not the capris that I need. lol I finally put on my new sneakers to break them in for my trip and they are so uncomfortable. I've never had sneaks so uncomfy like this. I need to find new ones. Ugh. I do have comfy flips I can wear but would like to alternate with sneakers. Anyone have any recommendations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter