Official July 2018 Thread!

What is typical real feel for a day in mid-July? Seeing 87-92 for most of June, is that typical of July as well?

Real Feel is usually in the 90s with pretty high humidity. It can sometimes reach 100+ for a Real Feel (Real Feel hit 119F in Animal Kingdom for us one day my last summer trip), but that's usually closer to August/in August proper. Or at least from my experience!

Real Feel is usually in the 90s with pretty high humidity. It can sometimes reach 100+ for a Real Feel (Real Feel hit 119F in Animal Kingdom for us one day my last summer trip), but that's usually closer to August/in August proper. Or at least from my experience!
Thanks! 119 woof. I’ve lived through a few 120 days in Phoenix but for sure that humidity is brutal.

Should clarify that I’m seeing 87-92 temps in June not real feel. Not expecting it to feel like 87 in July although a girl can dream!

24 days until I’ll abe at Disney world. I received my magical express yellow luggage tags and my magic bands in the mail yesterday. I’m so excited. I want to start packing, but I know it’s too early. I’m just getting too excited,

I know what you mean. Try packing and unpacking, see if that helps. It's like a practice run....

Ha!
We use our guest room as our staging area for packing for any trip. I may have already started putting items to pack in there despite being 37 days away...
Doesn't everyone do this? :) We have our vacation 'pile' growing nicely, but won't take shape till the weekend before we leave (last minute panic is our muse). The one thing I think I do more often than packing is actually going over the drive down. By the time we actually get in the car to go, I'll (DH) have 2 or 3 routes planned (depending on what the weather looks like and any known construction), addresses of each place we are stopping and will have 'driven' down (thanks Google Maps!) at least 5 times, even though I've done the drive several times and can literally recite the drive by heart.

Doesn't everyone do this? :) We have our vacation 'pile' growing nicely, but won't take shape till the weekend before we leave (last minute panic is our muse). The one thing I think I do more often than packing is actually going over the drive down. By the time we actually get in the car to go, I'll (DH) have 2 or 3 routes planned (depending on what the weather looks like and any known construction), addresses of each place we are stopping and will have 'driven' down (thanks Google Maps!) at least 5 times, even though I've done the drive several times and can literally recite the drive by heart.

I normally start the packing around now - and by "packing" I mean throwing things into my open suitcase as I buy/wash it if I know I won't use it again until vacation so that I know where it is. This year, though, we're leaving from my parents' house (which, to be fair, is 6 miles from my house) and I store my luggage at their house so....here I am, packing so I can pack, lol!

Everyone is getting their magic bands. Excitement is building!

We've been really busy with baseball, dance, gymnastics, and general life stuff that I haven't had time to do much of anything. I lost some weight so I finally fit back into my clothes from last summer comfortably. Such a relief that I don't have to buy a bunch of new items. I did buy a couple of things and dh bought me a bunch of dry fit shirts. DD5 has a brand new wardrobe of dry fit items now. I usually buy her Disney themed stuff but this trip I just went for something to help with the hot weather (I'm starting to question my decision now that i see it typed out lol). I will pack her blue Belle dress to throw on when she meets the beast. Dh will pack for him and ds8. I'm surprised that dh hasn't started packing yet. He's usually packing a month ahead while I pack the day before or day of. I never did buy new sneakers for myself. I want to go out this weekend but we have a baseball tournament all weekend. I do have some really comfy yellow box flip flops that are really comfy so maybe I'll just wear them. I don't think I have time to break in new sneakers anyway.

Can't believe we leave in 15 days!

We've been really busy with baseball, dance, gymnastics, and general life stuff that I haven't had time to do much of anything. I lost some weight so I finally fit back into my clothes from last summer comfortably. Such a relief that I don't have to buy a bunch of new items. I did buy a couple of things and dh bought me a bunch of dry fit shirts. DD5 has a brand new wardrobe of dry fit items now. I usually buy her Disney themed stuff but this trip I just went for something to help with the hot weather (I'm starting to question my decision now that i see it typed out lol). I will pack her blue Belle dress to throw on when she meets the beast. Dh will pack for him and ds8. I'm surprised that dh hasn't started packing yet. He's usually packing a month ahead while I pack the day before or day of. I never did buy new sneakers for myself. I want to go out this weekend but we have a baseball tournament all weekend. I do have some really comfy yellow box flip flops that are really comfy so maybe I'll just wear them. I don't think I have time to break in new sneakers anyway.

I love Yellow Box flip flops! DD and I have so many pairs.

Hello!

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but better late than never!

I'm heading down to WDW next month with my dd (turns 17yo while there) and ds (12yo). We are leaving dh home this trip by his request.

Ds and I will be driving from PA to VA to catch the AutoTrain. This will be our third time taking the AT and we really enjoy the trip. We arrive on the 15th and will be staying at Pop Century for the first time. Dd will be flying down later that night to join us.

While we used to travel to WDW fairly often, we had a pan of time w/o any vacation and then did Universal & a cruise 2 summers ago and last year trekked to Disneyland for the first time! Our last WDW visit was in 2011...so lots of changes and the kids are a lot older too!

Like many here I'm a planner, so there may be a color coded table on my computer and I may have a Touring Plan for each day (sometimes two with one set at an average walking speed and the other a relaxed walking speed).

So high level, the plans are...

July 14
Leave PA/Lunch in Lorton, VA/AutoTrain
July 15 (MK)
Arrive Sanford, FL/ Trader Joe's Stop/Check in @pop
Lunch - Pop CS
FP+ - Pirates, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear
Dinner - The Plaza
July 16 (EPCOT/AK)
Breakfast & Lunch - CS
EPCOT - Mostly World Showcase and Agent P
FP+ - FOP, Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest
Dinner - Yak & Yeti CS
July 17 (EPCOT)
Breakfast - In Room or Pop CS
RD EPCOT
FP+ - Living with the Land, Seas w/ Nemo, Test Track
Lunch - Sunshine Seasons
Afternoon Break at Pop
Dinner - AOA or EPCOT CS
Evening back at EPCOT
Illuminations
July 18 (Blizzard Beach/Disney Springs)
Breakfast - Kona Cafe
RD Blizzard Beach
Lunch - CS
Afternoon Break at Pop
Dinner - Morimoto Asia
July 19 (DHS)
Breakfast - In Room or Pop CS
RD Early EMH DHS
FP+ - TOT, RNRC, SDD
Lunch - CS
Afternoon Break at Pop
Dinner - 50's PTC
Fantasmic!
Star Wars Fireworks
July 20 (AK)
Breakfast - Pop CS
RD AK
FP+ - UP, Kilimanjaro Safari, Na'vi River
Lunch - CS AK or Pop
Afternoon Break at Pop
Dinner - Grand Floridian Cafe
Evening - MK Fireworks Cruise
July 21 (MK) Dd's BIRTHDAY!!!
Breakfast - Late at 1900 Park Fare
Relaxing Break at Pop
Arrive at MK ~2pm
FP+ - Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Speedway
Dinner - Be Our Guest
Happily Ever After
Disney After Hours
July 22 (AK or ?)
Breakfast - Pop CS
FP+ - Festival of the Lion King, FOP
Lunch - CS
Leave for AutoTrain, Sanford, FL
July 23
Arrive Lorton, VA, drive back to PA

That should keep us busy! :-) We've been to WDW in the summer before and I worked really hard to plan blocks of downtime.

We have Magic Band Skins ready for our bands when they arrive, I'm checked in on line, and my Touring Plans fax form is filled out and ready for them to send over at the 5 day mark. Now I just have to wait 30 days.

For what it's worth, I think you and your DD5 will be very thankful for your dry fit stuff versus Disney themed items. We went last July and most of our stuff was dry fit.. My 2 kids are both super sweaters and were so grateful to just be comfortable, they didn't care what was printed on their shirts! I let my daughter take her little tiaras and a wand and that was good enough for her for the dress-up department!

For some reason, this whole Disney planning time that I normally have has slipped from my fingers. Not sure where it went. As a teacher, was trying to stay sane for the end of the school year. Then, I graduated from Drexel. There were two ceremonies so that took a few days. Now I'm like... uh oh. haha. At least I am free this week. We leave on June 27.

I at least have all my FPs and ADRs done and a basic schedule put together. I can't do a rigid schedule because my husband just doesn't operate that way, but that is just fine.

Now I'm trying to figure out what things I normally do to prepare, and I'm feeling very lost. o_O I think at this point as long as we get there with all we need packed, I'll be happy! haha. Seriously, I feel so out of it!

Any last minute suggestions are fine. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!