*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

Just are at sci fi diner for our first time. So much fun. I had the rueben and Tyler the burger. Both very good.

Nancy - I forgot to tell you to ask for Sarah (British) or Lauren. letting them know I recommended them. :crazy2:

Tom and Suri were at HS last night. cool beans.

We went to Legoland yesterday. what a stinkfest that was. NEVER again! It's 45 min.s away and they closed all the rides due to lightning (it was sunny and no lightning in sight). So icky. Hated it. And my DS wanted a new Lego box but they had never heard of it LOL. We went to DTD and picked it up instead.pixiedust:

Rhmh ahhh too bad er didn't know. And we were at HS all day and night yesterday didn't see Tom... Tyler finally rode tower of terror tho and loved it we had to rode two more times. We saw a lot of employees saying their goodbyes as they were headed back to college.

Today we are taking our time then headed to AK then dtd after that for some shopping. Looking for some annual passholders pins for my lanyard. Gee I sound let a Disney geek...oh guess I am!

Rhmh ahhh too bad er didn't know. And we were at HS all day and night yesterday didn't see Tom... Tyler finally rode tower of terror tho and loved it we had to rode two more times. We saw a lot of employees saying their goodbyes as they were headed back to college.

Today we are taking our time then headed to AK then dtd after that for some shopping. Looking for some annual passholders pins for my lanyard. Gee I sound let a Disney geek...oh guess I am!

Nancy - You are so funny. :rotfl2: :lmao:-- My plans are when I retire, I plan to move to Orlando and work partime at Disney... DD said I am :crazy2:. I dont really care what I am assigned to do. DD said I need to be a bus driver.

Tom and Suri were at HS last night. cool beans.

We went to Legoland yesterday. what a stinkfest that was. NEVER again! It's 45 min.s away and they closed all the rides due to lightning (it was sunny and no lightning in sight). So icky. Hated it. And my DS wanted a new Lego box but they had never heard of it LOL. We went to DTD and picked it up instead.pixiedust:

I'm sory to hear this re: Legoland.

I keep wanting to visit it and DH wants to go but everytime I'm hearing awful reviews for it and with our Annual Pass, it doesn't really pay for us to spend more money when Disney is 'free'.

Just booked our spring break trip for Bonnet creek again as a 2 bedroom just opened up today!!!!! End of March here we come.

RHMH How funny you are I told DS that I plan to work at Disney when I retire...

We have our November bounceback trip already planned! Airfare is booked, room, etc. and I got all my ADRs. So excited.

For those of you that have ever done F and W, should we just eat around the world that day and drop our Via Napoli reservation? We really liked it in July when we went, but at the same time, I don't want to be too full to sample other things. Any thoughts?

anjalee6 said:
We have our November bounceback trip already planned! Airfare is booked, room, etc. and I got all my ADRs. So excited.

For those of you that have ever done F and W, should we just eat around the world that day and drop our Via Napoli reservation? We really liked it in July when we went, but at the same time, I don't want to be too full to sample other things. Any thoughts?

Anjalee: how awesome! I have always wanted to go for food and wine festival...some day! Have a wonderful trip.

WOW !!! Anjalee - No experience with F & W. Would love to eat and eat until I can't eat anymore. But the Beverage part I am highly allergic to alcohol of all types so can't be even near it... Have fun and your count down has begun. :cool1:

anjalee6 said:

Anjalee, personally I would drop Via Napoli and stick to sampling at F&W. The day we did F&W we wanted to try just about everything. We sampled food and drinks, and went back for "seconds" at a couple of favorites at the end of the day. It was so much fun. I hope you have a great time. :)

WOW !!! Anjalee - No experience with F & W. Would love to eat and eat until I can't eat anymore. But the Beverage part I am highly allergic to alcohol of all types so can't be even near it... Have fun and your count down has begun. :cool1:

I am more interested in the food part. :rotfl2:

Anjalee, personally I would drop Via Napoli and stick to sampling at F&W. The day we did F&W we wanted to try just about everything. We sampled food and drinks, and went back for "seconds" at a couple of favorites at the end of the day. It was so much fun. I hope you have a great time. :)

Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup2

I am more interested in the food part. :rotfl2:

Angalee - I would do the F&W all the way. :thumbsup2 DD & I would love to experience the offerings from around the world all day long. :stir: popcorn:: :drinking1 I wish they had something like this in July. It's the only time we could go.

RHMH yeah we can pretty much only go in July too. It's SO DARN HOT! But I still love it. It's just super duper exhausting as the kids can only walk for so many hours in the heat before the grumpiness sets in. I have to say my two did REALLY well with all the walking they did. :cool2:

We just got home today. Here is my trip report:
heatstroke during the day, crash hard at night
rinse and repeat:joker:

I am so sorry we didn't meet up Nancy!!!! Such a shame with us being at the same resort and everything :( I hope you get your laptop and passport back SOON!

RHMH yeah we can pretty much only go in July too. It's SO DARN HOT! But I still love it. It's just super duper exhausting as the kids can only walk for so many hours in the heat before the grumpiness sets in. I have to say my two did REALLY well with all the walking they did. :cool2:

We just got home today. Here is my trip report:
heatstroke during the day, crash hard at night
rinse and repeat:joker:

I am so sorry we didn't meet up Nancy!!!! Such a shame with us being at the same resort and everything :( I hope you get your laptop and passport back SOON!

Snowangel - :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl: My DD and I read your trip report and laughed so hard we started choking.

That was so Funny.....:lmao::lmao:

It's the truth!!!!!

We take my mom with us so she can watch the kids at night so we can go out for drinks or whatever but we could NOT keep our eyes open! It was crazy. All that walking and heat does us in every time.

snowangel72 said:
It's the truth!!!!!

We take my mom with us so she can watch the kids at night so we can go out for drinks or whatever but we could NOT keep our eyes open! It was crazy. All that walking and heat does us in every time.

I totally agree about the heat! One afternoon we had to come back to the resort and had planned just to cool off for a few hours, and I fell asleep for 3 hours then couldn't make myself get back out!

I am sorry we didn't meet up as well. We are in Minnesota right now headed home. I was surprised it was not too horribly crowded. I expected much worse. Hope it is a little cooler the end of March!

We're home. We had a wonderful time at Disney World!!! However, we had to cut our trip home on the road short one day. We were supposed to spend the whole weekend in Williamsburg, VA but we left yesterday morning instead. My 5-year-old son Jonathan was sick on Thursday after we left WDW. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's, he was fine, but then about an hour and a half into the trip, he threw up. We had to pull over on the side of the road to clean up, since there was no place in sight. When we hit the road again, he fell asleep. He slept an hour and then was fine, playful and cheerful as usual. Then we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch about 3 hours later. I allowed him to drink some water. He was hungry so I allowed him to eat a few saltine crackers. He said he felt fine. We hit the road again, and about 2 hours later he got sick again. He was fine right before, playful and everything. He said he was fine again. We hit the road and he fell asleep.

We checked into the hotel about 4 hours later in South Carolina. Jonathan said he was fine, and very hungry. I had him drink some water, and he was OK. DH went to K-Mart to pick up some upholstery cleaner for the car, and he also got some Gatorade. They were expecting a bad storm where we were staying so we decided to order dinner rather than go out. The only thing was pizza (not crazy about it outside NYC, but it was fine for the night). I asked the pizza place if they could give us a side of plain pasta but they said the pasta is already baked with sauce. So I told DH to pick up some Easy mac for Jonathan and we would just give him the macaroni without the cheese in it.

Jonathan drank some Gatorade and was fine. He ate his plain macaroni and said he felt great. He watched some TV and was joking around with his brother and my nieces. Then, about an hour after he ate, he threw up again. I was frantic, thinking something serious was wrong (I am a huge worry wart). I called the pediatrician and he said it sounded like it could be a nasty stomach virus. He said only to give him liquids the following day, and then the morning after that to try a piece of toast or a few crackers. So the following day on the drive to Virginia, I gave him little sips of Gatorade and he did great with that. He did not get sick once.

The plan for yesterday was for DH to stay at the hotel with Jonathan and take it easy while I was going to take Philip (my 7-year-old) to Busch Gardens with the rest of the family. We went to breakfast in the hotel and Jonathan said he was very very hungry. When he woke up I gave him some Gatorade and he did great with that. So at breakfast I did what the doctor has said and gave him a piece of toast, plain. He ate only 3 bites and said he wanted other things to eat but I knew I couldn't give him those things. He drank a little more Gatorade. When we left breakfast and were walking back to the room, he threw up in the hallway. That was when I decided we needed to come home, and I got very scared. I called the pediatrician to see if he thought I should bring him to an emergency room right away or come home. I had already made an appointment for tomorrow morning to see what is going on. He said that as long as he has no signs of dehydration, we should just leave to come home. He said only liquids the rest of the day and then I can try some light food in the evening.

I had him drinking Gatorade on the trip home and he was fine the whole time. I gave him some plain white rice last night and he tolerated it fine. No problem at all. He went to bed about 3 hours later and slept through the night. This morning I gave him a little amount of Rice Krispies and some water. He was fine. About an hour ago I gave him 5 saltine crackers and some more water. So far so good.

I did read that there had been a nasty stomach virus at WDW in June and July, that several people on a special safari tour at Animal Kingdom had contracted. We did not go to Animal Kingdom, but you never know, it could be the same bug. I am hoping it is not an allergy to wheat or soy, since he did fine with the rice products. I am waiting now to see if he has a reaction to the crackers in the next couple of hours (wheat flour).

The weird thing too, is that a week before we ate at Chef Mickey's and hit the road, we had eaten dinner at California Grill and he threw up 3 times that night. He was fine after that and for the whole week until the incident began in the car. Those were the only 2 restaurants we ate in at the Contemporary...I am wondering if somehow there is a connection there, or just coincidence. I don't know...we still had a wonderful trip but we are sure happy to be home after the last couple of days!

We're home. We had a wonderful time at Disney World!!! However, we had to cut our trip home on the road short one day. We were supposed to spend the whole weekend in Williamsburg, VA but we left yesterday morning instead. My 5-year-old son Jonathan was sick on Thursday after we left WDW. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's, he was fine, but then about an hour and a half into the trip, he threw up. We had to pull over on the side of the road to clean up, since there was no place in sight. When we hit the road again, he fell asleep. He slept an hour and then was fine, playful and cheerful as usual. Then we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch about 3 hours later. I allowed him to drink some water. He was hungry so I allowed him to eat a few saltine crackers. He said he felt fine. We hit the road again, and about 2 hours later he got sick again. He was fine right before, playful and everything. He said he was fine again. We hit the road and he fell asleep.

We checked into the hotel about 4 hours later in South Carolina. Jonathan said he was fine, and very hungry. I had him drink some water, and he was OK. DH went to K-Mart to pick up some upholstery cleaner for the car, and he also got some Gatorade. They were expecting a bad storm where we were staying so we decided to order dinner rather than go out. The only thing was pizza (not crazy about it outside NYC, but it was fine for the night). I asked the pizza place if they could give us a side of plain pasta but they said the pasta is already baked with sauce. So I told DH to pick up some Easy mac for Jonathan and we would just give him the macaroni without the cheese in it.

Jonathan drank some Gatorade and was fine. He ate his plain macaroni and said he felt great. He watched some TV and was joking around with his brother and my nieces. Then, about an hour after he ate, he threw up again. I was frantic, thinking something serious was wrong (I am a huge worry wart). I called the pediatrician and he said it sounded like it could be a nasty stomach virus. He said only to give him liquids the following day, and then the morning after that to try a piece of toast or a few crackers. So the following day on the drive to Virginia, I gave him little sips of Gatorade and he did great with that. He did not get sick once.

The plan for yesterday was for DH to stay at the hotel with Jonathan and take it easy while I was going to take Philip (my 7-year-old) to Busch Gardens with the rest of the family. We went to breakfast in the hotel and Jonathan said he was very very hungry. When he woke up I gave him some Gatorade and he did great with that. So at breakfast I did what the doctor has said and gave him a piece of toast, plain. He ate only 3 bites and said he wanted other things to eat but I knew I couldn't give him those things. He drank a little more Gatorade. When we left breakfast and were walking back to the room, he threw up in the hallway. That was when I decided we needed to come home, and I got very scared. I called the pediatrician to see if he thought I should bring him to an emergency room right away or come home. I had already made an appointment for tomorrow morning to see what is going on. He said that as long as he has no signs of dehydration, we should just leave to come home. He said only liquids the rest of the day and then I can try some light food in the evening.

I had him drinking Gatorade on the trip home and he was fine the whole time. I gave him some plain white rice last night and he tolerated it fine. No problem at all. He went to bed about 3 hours later and slept through the night. This morning I gave him a little amount of Rice Krispies and some water. He was fine. About an hour ago I gave him 5 saltine crackers and some more water. So far so good.

I did read that there had been a nasty stomach virus at WDW in June and July, that several people on a special safari tour at Animal Kingdom had contracted. We did not go to Animal Kingdom, but you never know, it could be the same bug. I am hoping it is not an allergy to wheat or soy, since he did fine with the rice products. I am waiting now to see if he has a reaction to the crackers in the next couple of hours (wheat flour).

The weird thing too, is that a week before we ate at Chef Mickey's and hit the road, we had eaten dinner at California Grill and he threw up 3 times that night. He was fine after that and for the whole week until the incident began in the car. Those were the only 2 restaurants we ate in at the Contemporary...I am wondering if somehow there is a connection there, or just coincidence. I don't know...we still had a wonderful trip but we are sure happy to be home after the last couple of days!

Bangzoom - I am sorry Jonathan had to experience sickness on the way home. What a bummer... Hope he is doing better now. Glad you had a wonderful time at Disney and you made it home safe...:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter