*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

:goodvibesSo we just decided to make major changes to our vacation plans. This seems to be our year for switching things up. We were originally going on the Disney Dream for the middle part of our trip, but it was turning into more running around from place to place than actually just enjoying our vacation. So we changed our plans to staying at Disney World 7/16- 7/26 at just AKL for a nice 11 day trip and I moved our cruise to the following summer in June. I think it will make it more relaxing and enjoyable. So... I just spent yesterday morning redoing our touring plans and ADRs. I actually was able to get everything I wanted. Really happy about that.

How do the crowds in July compare to those in the middle of June? We are going from July 21-29 this year, and 2 years ago went June 17-22. I went in July YEARS ago - too young to really remember the crowds. Are they that much worse in July than in June?

How do the crowds in July compare to those in the middle of June? We are going from July 21-29 this year, and 2 years ago went June 17-22. I went in July YEARS ago - too young to really remember the crowds. Are they that much worse in July than in June?

Yes, crowds will be somewhat larger in July than June. The crowd level predictions for June are 6, 7, and 8s (out of 10) and the predictions for those days in July are all 8's and 9's.

Have a game plan (see my post above and others' helpful hints throughout the thread) and just have fun anyway!!:goodvibes

I don't believe they are that much worse, but there are larger crowds in July. Last year we went in June compared to past years inJuly and we notice it was a little more crowded, but not enough so that it altered our touring plans. Just make sure you are prepared and you will be fine.

The one thing you might notice is more Brazilian tour groups in July. It might make it seem more crowded because they are rather noticeable.

All added!

Anjalee - Thanks - also, it is only 89 more days before my DD 2 leaves for 2 week to Australia :scared1: and then when DD gets back only 26 more days until we fly to WDW :banana: . I am soooooo :dance3:busy getting everything ready. Diser's, have a great week. :thumbsup2

Anjalee - Thanks - also, it is only 89 more days before my DD 2 leaves for 2 week to Australia :scared1: and then when DD gets back only 26 more days until we fly to WDW :banana: . I am soooooo :dance3:busy getting everything ready. Diser's, have a great week. :thumbsup2

I still check on all you guys! I hope Midori has a great time in Australia. You will be fine, just think about planning for WDW while she's away :)

Everything seems to be coming up so fast. Your daughter will have a blast and when she gets back, it's all about you guys and Disney together. Yay!

Everything seems to be coming up so fast. Your daughter will have a blast and when she gets back, it's all about you guys and Disney together. Yay!

I still check on all you guys! I hope Midori has a great time in Australia. You will be fine, just think about planning for WDW while she's away :)

Thanks friends, appreciate your thoughts.:thumbsup2 Thanks for remembering my DD name.....:)

Hi there to a couple of my old friends from a previous July thread. Hello new July friends! We went in August last year due to our daughters' soccer tournament.

We are headed this year July 8 to 17 (Jambo unless I change it...dh knows me well.)

Love your new name change!!
A good basic, plan is the same no matter what month you go:

1) Get to RD
2) Tour popular rides first
3) Have a general plan and know where rides are
4) Eat lunch before 12 noon
5) Exit park by 1pm and swim/nap/shop (or if staying in park find rides & shows in shade/air conditioning)
6) Go back to park around 5-7pm if you want to ride a few rides...8pm if you're just going to do parades/fireworks
7) Eat dinner before 6pm or after 8pm
8) Take advantage of AM and PM EMH
9) Try to stay positive no matter what happens and expect that anything I just wrote above may not happen!!:rotfl:

This is an amazing list of advice!!! :goodvibes

I find that we are able to accomplish just as much in the summer as the winter because of the extended park hours. The parks close so early in winter.

The heat doesn't really bother us. I really think that the temps/ humidity aren't very different than ours in PA in the summer. We essentially follow the outline Marshay provided from above!

Hi there to a couple of my old friends from a previous July thread. Hello new July friends! We went in August last year due to our daughters' soccer tournament.

We are headed this year July 8 to 17 (Jambo unless I change it...dh knows me well.)

I find that we are able to accomplish just as much in the summer as the winter because of the extended park hours. The parks close so early in winter.

The heat doesn't really bother us. I really think that the temps/ humidity aren't very different than ours in PA in the summer. We essentially follow the outline Marshay provided from above!

Hey Debby!! Welcome to another July Disney Vacation planning thread!!

Debby-
Glad you found your way over. Heat doesn't bother us either. One year it was hotter here in Maryland than it was in Florida.

Yay Debby!! How are you! So glad to see you back again!! Our dates overlap by 2 days so hopefully we can get together for a quick meet! Are you doing a PTR?

Hey Debby!! Welcome to another July Disney Vacation planning thread!!

Marshay - heard you bumped into my friend Mindy recently - we both work for the same travel agency now.......

Nice to see some familiar July Dissers!!! July is always a great board!

Wendy (aka Tinkerbell60)

Hi Wendy! Yes, I have a PTR going. We will have to compare notes to see where and when we can get together! I think I went back and read this thread from January posts forward... I don't recall a July meet being organized for anyone who is overlapping. Should we schedule one where we all meet for a ________ (insert favorite snack or drink here) or to ride ________(insert favorite attraction here).

Anjalee - Four month mark :banana: I'll have to see my ticker after I submit this...:laughing:

Hi Wendy! Yes, I have a PTR going. We will have to compare notes to see where and when we can get together! I think I went back and read this thread from January posts forward... I don't recall a July meet being organized for anyone who is overlapping. Should we schedule one where we all meet for a ________ (insert favorite snack or drink here) or to ride ________(insert favorite attraction here).

Anjalee - Four month mark :banana: I'll have to see my ticker after I submit this...:laughing:

I think we should schedule one! We only overlap by 2 days - so maybe Sunday July 9th? I like the snack/drink idea - where would you like to meet?

I think we should schedule one! We only overlap by 2 days - so maybe Sunday July 9th? I like the snack/drink idea - where would you like to meet?

This sounds great! Have you figured out which park you will be in on which day? Remind me where you are staying...I am at Jambo. If we plan for sometime around 1, I think it would work out for my family. (They can head back for afternoon break. Dh can start the pool watching shift and I could take over while he hits the gym...)

Anybody else up for a meet on July 9?

This sounds great! Have you figured out which park you will be in on which day? Remind me where you are staying...I am at Jambo. If we plan for sometime around 1, I think it would work out for my family. (They can head back for afternoon break. Dh can start the pool watching shift and I could take over while he hits the gym...)

Anybody else up for a meet on July 9?

I have no clue where will be - we don't even know where we are staying yet (lol!) I am hoping AP rates come out for summer, and that will help us decide on a resort. Most likely, we will be at Pop Century. DH likes to get two rooms so we can spread out. And, with two teenagers, the extra beds are nice. Do you know where you are that day?

I have no clue where will be - we don't even know where we are staying yet (lol!) I am hoping AP rates come out for summer, and that will help us decide on a resort. Most likely, we will be at Pop Century. DH likes to get two rooms so we can spread out. And, with two teenagers, the extra beds are nice. Do you know where you are that day?

You should investigate Bonnet Creek. We have two teenagers (+1 from Germany right now) and we switched to WBC a couple of years ago. The price is unbelievably less than Disney with about twice the space. We absolutely love it! Just thought I would share in case you didn't know about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter