• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

I've been carrying 2 reservations for a while and today I just made the decision to officially stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Its about $700 more but I've decided life is too short and I'm taking the vacation I want. I can't wait to make these memories with my DH, DS6, DD4.

We go every year in late Jan/early Feb, and almost every single time, Splash Mountain is closed for renovations. It seems to be the time of year since it's a bit colder and lower crowds, so it's the best time to do their annual work on it.

Wubar and Disney144 - I know of a group who has opening for people traveling Jan 3-20th if that helps either of you?

It will definitely be fun either way! Anything specifically you are unsure about? I just try to book the hardest to get (that we want to ride of course) and leave the easier ones for 4th and beyond.
THanks Mama Jessie. The biggest issue I have is trying to figure out a good way to estimate when we will be at the various rides, without having too regimented a schedule. That way I will know what can possibly a 4th FP, and therefore, what the first 3 must be. Other things I am worrying about is 1: at Epcot, my husband wants to see Soaring, and I'm sure my son wants to do the Norway ride, and neither likes to wait! and 2: I can't figure out how to organize our day at AK. My son wants to see Rafiki, but I think the ride out to see him may make Kilimanjaro Safaris seem like a repeat.

I still haven't read all the posts on this thread, but I want to thank everyone who posted about the Pro Bowl weekend. We are currently scheduled to fly out during the game, so the airport shouldn't be too crazy, but I originally planned for that Saturday to be a "free choice" day. Now I know that we should probably spend that day at Fort Wilderness, since MK will be too crazy for us, and I don't think the other parks will be much better. If only the weather will cooperate now.

THanks Mama Jessie. The biggest issue I have is trying to figure out a good way to estimate when we will be at the various rides, without having too regimented a schedule. That way I will know what can possibly a 4th FP, and therefore, what the first 3 must be. Other things I am worrying about is 1: at Epcot, my husband wants to see Soaring, and I'm sure my son wants to do the Norway ride, and neither likes to wait! and 2: I can't figure out how to organize our day at AK. My son wants to see Rafiki, but I think the ride out to see him may make Kilimanjaro Safaris seem like a repeat.
I would prioritize Frozen Ever After since it has longer waits. Head to Soarin at rope drop.

It is not a repeat. The train ride is simple, nothing like the safari. My kids like the Rafiki area because you can see vets working and they like the petting zoo aspect. If you have a full day at AK it is worth a visit.

Oh and I am going to drop a couple ADRs that I will post in the dropped ADR group but thought I would post them here too.

Tusker House 1/7
8:15 am
7 people

Ohana 1/8
5:15
7 people
(DH might cry about this one, haven't skipped Ohana since the first time we tried it)

SciFi 1/9
4:20
5 people

Just found this thread! My daughter and I will be staying at All Star Sports January 22-26. Leaving her kids and the hubbys at home! Got our ADR'S set, unless we change up again :D Lunches at Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time, and BOG. We got a really early morning breakfast at Boma, which we're both excited to try for the first time. I am really looking forward to spending the time with my girl.

Oh and I am going to drop a couple ADRs that I will post in the dropped ADR group but thought I would post them here too.

Tusker House 1/7
8:15 am
7 people

Ohana 1/8
5:15
7 people
(DH might cry about this one, haven't skipped Ohana since the first time we tried it)

SciFi 1/9
4:20
5 people

What is the thread for dropped Adrs? I changed my plan around and had to give BOG. I'm hoping to pick it up later in my trip

Gah!!! That explains why I couldn’t get Splash when my FP+ window opened his morning! :sad: We arrive 1/7, first park day 1/8.

As an aside, I got everything else I wanted, including FoP, and that I was able to get right at 11:00am. It was a mostly successful morning, despite the website being really glitchy and full of broken pages. Now I can just tweak things as we get closer. 60 Days to go, baby!

Originally booked All Star Sports (17-24 Jan 2018) and then I found a great offer on AOA Little Mermaid room, so I immediately switched resorts. I am trying to keep this secret and surprise my sister when we drive in the resort entrance. She is going to be so excited!:mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter