Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Info on openings are on the first post... it's best to keep it there as it changes frequently and I can update one place so there is not bad information throughout the rest of the thread.

As for fairies... they are meeting in their permenant location at Tinker Bell's Magical Nook in Adventureland (formerly known as the Veranda).

Tink meets all day, her fairy friend alternates between Rosetta, Vidia, and Terrence.

Here are some pics of TINKER BELL and her friends.

Thankyou very much, appreciate it :)

It's definitely part of Eric's castle, you can see it more clearly in this picture:

http://twitpic.com/8gzdbj/full

The color is a little baffling. I would have to assume it's going to get re-painted.

if you look at the other two roofs in that picture the red "tiles" come out right to the edge of the window dormers, where as in the new blue roof, there are sill visible edges to the window dormers, so my guess is that the blue part is the base of the roof and red "tiles" will be added and it will wind up matching the other roofs

just a guess though (and hope I worded that in a way that made sense)

edit: nevermind, just saw a more recent picture at the top of this page and there is definite shading, etc. on the blue roof so that does look to be final.

if you look at the other two roofs in that picture the red "tiles" come out right to the edge of the window dormers, where as in the new blue roof, there are sill visible edges to the window dormers, so my guess is that the blue part is the base of the roof and red "tiles" will be added and it will wind up matching the other roofs

just a guess though (and hope I worded that in a way that made sense)

edit: nevermind, just saw a more recent picture at the top of this page and there is definite shading, etc. on the blue roof so that does look to be final.

Someone on another message board suggested that this is the castle after Ariel moved in and she started changing things! :)

So the Dumbo ride itself may be ready to go on March 12th but the circus area is not even CLOSE to being "guest ready". It's just a dirt pile all around it. I'd rather they wait to open until everything is themed.

It's a shame they've built some kind of structure around the Barnstormer's lift hill. That was a fairly nice view from up there.

Never thought I would consider myself picky, but there is that one segment of red on the Dumbo big tent that doesn't match, (probably primer) and it drives me crazy every time I look at it. The colours look so excellet otherwise. I also noted that at the right height you can see just below the yellow in the big tent, say from a balcony or the people mover. I hope they do something to cover up that metal.

Here is an update to my calendar:

Calendar.jpg

The darker the color the greater the chance the attraction will open in that month.

Here are the changes I have made:

- Aligned old Dumbo with new one since it looks like they will open together.
- Moved water play area a little earlier since multiple sources have said it will open in the first phase. I don't have it as firm as Dumbo since there is no evidence that they have actually started to install it yet.
- Based on some information from a reliable insider on another board I have move BatB and LM into October and moved the Mine Train out into the first quarter of 2014.

From DanBoris:

Here are the changes I have made:

- Aligned old Dumbo with new one since it looks like they will open together.
- Moved water play area a little earlier since multiple sources have said it will open in the first phase. I don't have it as firm as Dumbo since there is no evidence that they have actually started to install it yet.
- Based on some information from a reliable insider on another board I have move BatB and LM into October and moved the Mine Train out into the first quarter of 2014.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind sharing the link to the reliable insider info? Thanks!!

This is a great photo - but does anyone have any idea where it is?!? It just says Fantasyland... maybe by Pinocchios?

I believe it is across from Peter Pan, by where the old Skyway building than stroller area was. Up until they reveal it was covered by a tarp that looked like Ivy. That is what I saw when I was there Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter