Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Here it is late February and Dumbo is projected to open in March. Looks kind of incomplete- but then again, I am no construction worker. I really hope it opens in March--- why? Beacause then they can finish up all the other "stuff" too. I hate seeing the park with all the walls up all around. Sad and depressing.

There is just something magical that touches the hearts of young kids about the Dumbo ride and that feeling turns into pure nostalgia as you grow older.

I wish I knew about that, we went to Disney when I was 9 and all I wanted to do was ride Dumbo, my dad kept putting it off, and on our last day, there was a thunder storm, so it was closed. I never got to ride it, so it has become my one main goal. I was excited that I'd get my redemption and finally get to ride it, since my bf and I are headed to Disney next week, so needless to say, I was pretty bummed when I heard they delayed the opening until the 12th. I know the ride won't be as fun for me as an adult, I've just waited so long that I can't not ride it.

...but enough of my sob story, I just had to let it out! lol not like I won't have an amazing time anyway. Besides, this just means I have to go back again soon!

I wish I knew about that, we went to Disney when I was 9 and all I wanted to do was ride Dumbo, my dad kept putting it off, and on our last day, there was a thunder storm, so it was closed. I never got to ride it, so it has become my one main goal. I was excited that I'd get my redemption and finally get to ride it, since my bf and I are headed to Disney next week, so needless to say, I was pretty bummed when I heard they delayed the opening until the 12th. I know the ride won't be as fun for me as an adult, I've just waited so long that I can't not ride it.

...but enough of my sob story, I just had to let it out! lol not like I won't have an amazing time anyway. Besides, this just means I have to go back again soon!

I wouldn't say that. I rode Dumbo for the first time when I was 39, and I promise you I had as much fun as my DD and DS did!!! :goodvibes

Also, word is that the official closing date for Snow White's Scary Adventures will be May 31st

Late March = another delay from March 12th?

Hope not, we are travelling March 13-20 and wanted to see some new stuff.

Wow I really thought they'd have both Dumbos up by then. They must be doing some major rehab on the old Dumbos. Seems like all they'd have to do is attach them to the spinner.

I'm glad Snow White will still be open while we're there.

Wow I really thought they'd have both Dumbos up by then. They must be doing some major rehab on the old Dumbos. Seems like all they'd have to do is attach them to the spinner.

I'm guessing it has more to do with getting the area around the attraction show-ready, vs getting the attraction itself set up. I mean, isn't the ground around it still just a bunch of dirt?

I'm guessing it has more to do with getting the area around the attraction show-ready, vs getting the attraction itself set up. I mean, isn't the ground around it still just a bunch of dirt?

I can't imagine that would take Disney horticulture all that long to get grass and ornamental plants in place. I mean, they switch from Halloween to Christmas at MK pretty much overnight, and that's a much bigger undertaking.

Maybe they lost the instructions on how to reassemble it. Maybe they were written in a foreign language. How long ago was the original Dumbo installed? Who keeps the manual for that long.

Oh wait they built the new one. Why not just copy that one.:rotfl:

I hope we don't miss Dumbo. :sad2: We'll be there March 22-25. I thought both Dumbos were going to be ready along with Goofini, etc. Well whenever it opens, it's going to be packed. I wish they would say a date instead of late March.

I am pleasantly surprised with "some" updates to Fantasyland opening in the Spring. We are visiting in June & I did not expect it when I made the reservations that any parts of the new Fantasyland would be operational. I thought is would be still all dirt. It might not be a whole new section right now but it is the little things that matter.:woohoo: It seems to be updated photos & blogs every week now:wizard:

Wow! That photo vid was great! So exciting to see how things are shaping up so quickly. I can't wait to see Belle's village completed! That looks like it will be my fave part!

Here is the latest update to my calendar:

Calendar.jpg

The changes are based on a recent Disney Parks Blog post.

- Pushed the old Dumbo into April.
- Pushed the water play area out of March since the blog post says it won't open in the first phase now.
- Added the close date for SWSA
- Now that we have the close date for SWSA I am taking a guess at the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall.

Wow! I cannot believe all of the construction going on. Even beyond the new Fl it seems that Disney is renovating everywhere.

Does anyone know what they are doing with the water play areas in Epcot? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter