Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

I saw a thread from andyman saying 7dwarves was 7 months behind...then saw on easywdw..Josh says possible late fall soft opening. While no one can say for sure wondering if anyone has more clarity in whether they are ahead or behind?

Also, speculation on Fairy Tale Princesses? I think I saw Cinderella and Rapunzel were definites.

I saw a thread from andyman saying 7dwarves was 7 months behind...then saw on easywdw..Josh says possible late fall soft opening. While no one can say for sure wondering if anyone has more clarity in whether they are ahead or behind?

Also, speculation on Fairy Tale Princesses? I think I saw Cinderella and Rapunzel were definites.

On April 25, 2013, wdwmagic.com posted an update saying it would be early 2014.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...seven-dwarfs-mine-train-construction-site.htm

Umm, I don't know if I said there were seven months behind (don't remember this thread), but a Nov. soft opening seems very, very, very optimistic. First, the official opening date was late 2013, than early 2014, now it's spring 2014, which can technically be any day up to June 21 (like we saw w/ WWoHP). That said, I think we will likely see soft opening sometimes during the end of 2013.

Anyways, Disney themselves have admitted that construction is behind (they said this at last week's press event) and construction is 60% complete. Don't remember this thread but I think 7 months behind is a bit much.

Thanks...Andyman...I apologize if mistaken it was in a thread about the Epcot announcement and what the poster expected to hear which was that they Mine Coaster was behind...

Some official updates from the Disney Parks Blog:

Track Completed at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

min100699SMALL.jpg

So, I know we all know the CMs can often give out information with varying degrees of truthfulness, but I had to laugh at my most recent conversation with one on the phone. I had called to get info and rates for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February.

CM: Oh, so you're going to get to try out the new Mine Coaster.
Me: Oh really? It'll be open in February?
CM: They said 2014.
Me: Yes, I thought they said late Spring or early Summer 2014?
CM: No, it's going to be open soon. They're almost finished.

:faint:

I know it's "possible," but they really shouldn't be telling people this!

Any "new" word on when the mine train might open? I know that the last thing I read was Spring, 2014. We'll be there May 24th to June 7th next year and would love to experience it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter