Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

I questioned it at first, too, for it not matching, but I can't see it being anything else from where it's sitting. Maybe someone didn't match the paint correctly? They still have plenty of time to notice (or maybe they want it that way), but it does seem like it just 'appeared' at the end. So, who knows?

Maybe it's Primer and they have yet to paint it....

FAQ

When will reservations be available for Be Our Guest?

Unfortunately, there is no set answer for this. But we can look at history for WDW's 2 newest restaurants:

Via Napoli: started taking reservations on Aug 6th for Sept 10th opening, soft opening on August 5th.
La Hacienda: started taking reservations on Sept 16th for Oct. 15th opening, soft opening on September 15th.

Both restaurants opened with the Disney Dining Plan.

I have heard nothing to indicate that Be Our Guest will be a character meal. However, the images are misleading (considering the Beast and Lumiere are both pictured).

There are several unreliable rumors that I do not have hard fact for (nor do I particularly believe), but will share for your interest:

Pete, Oswald, and Gaston.

Of the three, Gaston has the greatest prospect based on the 2011 MNSSHP

Now what I do believe:

Belle is meeting at her cottage, with Lumiere as an audio-animatronic.
Ariel is meeting in her grotto, with her fin
Cinderella and Aurora will be featured at the Princess Fairytale Hall with Tiana, Rapunzel, and Snow White making appearances
Donald, Goofy, and Daisy will be meeting at Pete's Silly Sideshow
Tigger and Pooh will return to their attraction

Awesome info! Thanks for giving me some scoop! Haha I am just trying to picture all of this for the DS6...I am sure there will be lots of things of interest...MY DD16 is somewhat less interested in all the princess stuff...She still loves Disney and wants a ton of experiences, I was just trying to cram as much boy stuff in as possible!

Thanks so much for the info! I love the DIS!! You all rock!:banana:

To me, that's really disappointing...but I guess they don't have any very large dining venues that don't carry the character dining premium...

I totally agree! They are really missing out, not having some MORE snd different character meals...They could make a ton of money off me, because my kids would LOVE to eat in the Beast's castle with some of the enchanted items...haha + the Beast + Belle + Gaston....that would rock! I would pay top dollar for that!!! If they had 2 castles to eat in, at MK, THAT WOULD BE SOOOO COOL!!!! I guess we go so often, I am looking for some new and fun things, especially meals and m&g's!!!! :cool1:

I totally agree! They are really missing out, not having some MORE snd different character meals...They could make a ton of money off me, because my kids would LOVE to eat in the Beast's castle with some of the enchanted items...haha + the Beast + Belle + Gaston....that would rock! I would pay top dollar for that!!! If they had 2 castles to eat in, at MK, THAT WOULD BE SOOOO COOL!!!! I guess we go so often, I am looking for some new and fun things, especially meals and m&g's!!!! :cool1:

You know, I wish they would theme more of the character meals this way. For instance, I know 1900 Park Fare has the meal with characters from Cinderella...but wouldn't it make more sense for that to happen at CRT instead of the amalgamation of different princesses? I'd love to see them stay more "in story". If Be Our Guest ends up as a character meal, maybe it will be a step in that direction. Although, as far as BOG goes, I'd be just as happy with it being a non-character meal or something like Remy at Chefs de France.

I don't know what Be Our Guest's show or characters would be like but I would enjoy either live characters or Animatronics doing a show every half hour or 20 minutes. Sort of the way Chef Mickeys does the towel waving thing but use the "Be Our Guest" song and have the plates and dishes on the wall moving and maybe have Lumier and other characters come out to the song.

I don't think they would make the table seating in one group like Hoop De Do so they would have to just have a periodic show so everyone gets a chance to see it during dinner.

Could be part of the new castle walls... seems close to the construction wall and stylistically closer to the castle walls than the Little Mermaid stuff. Just a guess, though...

I think this is a good theory. It looks considerably shorter then the mermaid attraction.

Could be part of the new castle walls... seems close to the construction wall and stylistically closer to the castle walls than the Little Mermaid stuff. Just a guess, though...

That sounds very plausible. Not sure why that didn't occur to me. Thanks for the new idea.

I think it should be noted that some of the characters that are rumored to be appearing at Pete's Silly Sideshow are as follows:

-Pete
-Oswald
-Clarabelle & Horace
-the 3 Little Pigs
-Goofy

MY ODD will love that. She knows we're going to Disney and everytime she mentions she wants to see Pete!

I questioned it at first, too, for it not matching, but I can't see it being anything else from where it's sitting. Maybe someone didn't match the paint correctly? They still have plenty of time to notice (or maybe they want it that way), but it does seem like it just 'appeared' at the end. So, who knows?

See, that's why I think it has to be something else, because that is waaay off from what the color of the roofs are supposed to be for Eric's Castle. They are supposed to be like a rusty/burnt orange color and that roof is Cinderella blue.

See, that's why I think it has to be something else, because that is waaay off from what the color of the roofs are supposed to be for Eric's Castle. They are supposed to be like a rusty/burnt orange color and that roof is Cinderella blue.

I disagree with it being part of the wall because those turrets are styled more like the ones from Beast Castle, and they would be stone. From the pictures, and the movie, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the tower at the end.

Either way, the colors are way off. I think we need more pictures to be sure of its location/purpose.

Anyone going to the World soon? :goodvibes

It's definitely part of Eric's castle, you can see it more clearly in this picture:

http://twitpic.com/8gzdbj/full

The color is a little baffling. I would have to assume it's going to get re-painted.

I am going to be there on March 10th and will happily take a gander to see what is going on. Unless someone is going closer than that.:thumbsup2

I think they are probably trying to complete everything people will see over the top of the wall they are putting up between the portion of Storybook Circus that will be opening soon and the rest of the expansion.

FYI the tower/spire at the end of the archway at Prince Eric's Castle is a Cupola, and I do hope they paint it to match, even though it does look nice as it is. I checked the movie and it should match the rest of the castle.

Here is a link to some more pictures http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012/magic-kingdom-trip-report-fantasyland-construction-update-february/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=magic-kingdom-trip-report-fantasyland-construction-update-february-2012

I think they are probably trying to complete everything people will see over the top of the wall they are putting up between the portion of Storybook Circus that will be opening soon and the rest of the expansion.

FYI the tower/spire at the end of the archway at Prince Eric's Castle is a Cupola, and I do hope they paint it to match, even though it does look nice as it is. I checked the movie and it should match the rest of the castle.

Here is a link to some more pictures http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2012/magic-kingdom-trip-report-fantasyland-construction-update-february/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=magic-kingdom-trip-report-fantasyland-construction-update-february-2012

Those pictures definitely show that spire as a part of Eric's Castle. I just don't get why it is blue. Why paint it blue only to have to repaint it? The other spire is painted burnt orange already, so why not this one as well? Maybe this is why I'm not in construction :rotfl:, cause I would have just painted it the one time and been done with it.

On another note, it looks like Eric's Castle is really moving along and I can't wait for all the scaffolding to come down.

Those pictures definitely show that spire as a part of Eric's Castle. I just don't get why it is blue. Why paint it blue only to have to repaint it? The other spire is painted burnt orange already, so why not this one as well? Maybe this is why I'm not in construction :rotfl:, cause I would have just painted it the one time and been done with it.

On another note, it looks like Eric's Castle is really moving along and I can't wait for all the scaffolding to come down.

Here is a more close up picture of it:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/09Feb2012-PHOTOS---More-of-Prince-Eric's-Castle-takes-shape-in-the-new-Fantasyland.htm

You can see in that photo that the blue roof tiles have shading to them which would lead me to believe that this is the final color. Maybe they felt the red was blending in to much with the red rock work and took artistic license to change it.

Here is a more close up picture of it:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/09Feb2012-PHOTOS---More-of-Prince-Eric's-Castle-takes-shape-in-the-new-Fantasyland.htm

You can see in that photo that the blue roof tiles have shading to them which would lead me to believe that this is the final color. Maybe they felt the red was blending in to much with the red rock work and took artistic license to change it.

That's what I thought as well. That looks like a final product, not primer waiting to be painted. I'm just not sure how that is going to look if they keep it that color. But again, that is probably why I am not in construction ;).

Hi
We're going in July/August .. any ideas on what will be open, i know none of the major new things will be but i was hoping Dumbo and Goofini will be?? Also just a quick question, where have they moved the fairies to whilst this goes on??

TIA :)

Info on openings are on the first post... it's best to keep it there as it changes frequently and I can update one place so there is not bad information throughout the rest of the thread.

As for fairies... they are meeting in their permenant location at Tinker Bell's Magical Nook in Adventureland (formerly known as the Veranda).

Tink meets all day, her fairy friend alternates between Rosetta, Vidia, and Terrence.

Here are some pics of TINKER BELL and her friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter