Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Maybe this is one of my irrational fears, but is anyone else concerned by the "swamp" right behind the train station in the third photo? I already wonder how close the alligators are, and now they will definitely be close by! I've already read of Disers getting bitten by poisonous snakes while on resort property and within proper walkways. This does subside my fears!

Maybe this is one of my irrational fears, but is anyone else concerned by the "swamp" right behind the train station in the third photo? I already wonder how close the alligators are, and now they will definitely be close by! I've already read of Disers getting bitten by poisonous snakes while on resort property and within proper walkways. This does subside my fears!

As someone who has lived within walking distance from bayous, rivers, swamps, etc. my entire life, I can assure you that you are in no imminent danger from Disney gators. Most alligators are far too shy to bother people and those that get too bold or too close are quickly removed. Alligators, like most wild animals, tend to avoid human contact. Those that lose that shyness have usually had too much human contact mostly from people feeding them. You are much more at risk of being dive bombed by one of those dang gulls!

As someone who has lived within walking distance from bayous, rivers, swamps, etc. my entire life, I can assure you that you are in no imminent danger from Disney gators. Most alligators are far too shy to bother people and those that get too bold or too close are quickly removed. Alligators, like most wild animals, tend to avoid human contact. Those that lose that shyness have usually had too much human contact mostly from people feeding them. You are much more at risk of being dive bombed by one of those dang gulls!

Thanks!

Just had to say "hey neighbor!". We live in West Monroe and I work in Monroe!

I've been flipping back through this thread and it really is incredible to see the progress. We are heading to the World in November 2013 and I can't wait to see it all! So excited! For those who put so much effort into these updates, thank you!
:goodvibes

i completely agree. I grew up in FL and was a summer camp counselor during college. (how I met dw :love: ). We had a lake that we used with a swimming area, sailing, canoeing (which I led) and water games. There were a couple of gators in the lake that we occassionally saw, but there was never a concern. I spent about 6-7 hours a day, almost every day for 2 full summers and it really never even crossed my mind. The gators were far too scared. ALso, I am sure DIsney has already thought about this. This is not a detail I see them overlooking.

Quick question...

Sure it is posted somewhere, but does anyone know?

We will be there 6/12-6/20.
I know much will not be opened. However...

Will the circus tent be opened? Will any Dumbo ride be opened?
Will the Great Goofini be opened?

You may not have an exact answer, but just wondering. Thank you. :)

Quick question...

Sure it is posted somewhere, but does anyone know?

We will be there 6/12-6/20.
I know much will not be opened. However...

Will the circus tent be opened? Will any Dumbo ride be opened?
Will the Great Goofini be opened?

You may not have an exact answer, but just wondering. Thank you. :)

OPENING, March 11th:
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Barnstormer
Fantasyland Station
Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station:thumbsup2

I'm a little surprised at how un-ready Storybook Circus looks...

Also, I realize it's not ready, but the train station looks a little... I dunno... institutional.

I like the train station, it really has that classic railroad building look to it and will really tie in nicely to that area. There is going to be a fake spur track coming off the railroad near Barnstormer which will lead up to a turn table where the Casey Jr play area will be. This will be right in front of the part of the station that looks like a railroad round house so it all ties together.

Some new construction pictures over at DaMouse.com that show the base from the old Dumbo has been moved next to the new one. It's looking more likely that both Dumbos will be ready when the area opens on March 12th.

Loving the new photos.

so here's a question- what will go where the old Dumbo was- part of the Mine Train, castle wall?

Loving the new photos.

so here's a question- what will go where the old Dumbo was- part of the Mine Train, castle wall?

Castle Wall. Where Dumbo once was will become the main entrance to the Fantasyland Forest park of the expansion.

Will the beast's castle have a TS character meal? I thought I read that somewhere. If there is, when will it be finished and when can we make ressies???

Will the beast's castle have a TS character meal? I thought I read that somewhere. If there is, when will it be finished and when can we make ressies???

RE: reservations

FAQ

When will reservations be available for Be Our Guest?

Unfortunately, there is no set answer for this. But we can look at history for WDW's 2 newest restaurants:

Via Napoli: started taking reservations on Aug 6th for Sept 10th opening, soft opening on August 5th.
La Hacienda: started taking reservations on Sept 16th for Oct. 15th opening, soft opening on September 15th.

Both restaurants opened with the Disney Dining Plan.

RE: characters

As far as I know, Disney has never implied a Character meal, the rumor began because the images have Beast and Lumiere in them. I do not expect Characters to appear at Be Our Guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter