OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You lurkyloo! :) Our Anniversary dinner is May 23, how soon should I order the cake?

You might also be interested in the Mickey Wave wedding cake design (see below). More Disney wedding cake photos can be found HERE and might give you some ideas.

MickeyWave-SmallSilver.jpg

Hi Lurkyloo, I've been looking for an idea for my parents 50th Anniversary. I had already been planning to order a simple golden Mickey delight cake.

You listed the white chocolate figures available on page 1 ... do you know if the castle in your pic would be available outside weddings too? Do you know how much more it would be?

Maybe start about 2 or 3 weeks out? Unless you decide you want something super-complicated, 2 weeks is usually enough. :thumbsup2

You listed the white chocolate figures available on page 1 ... do you know if the castle in your pic would be available outside weddings too? Do you know how much more it would be?

I think your best bet is to order the cake from the Grand Floridian if you want the topper, since it's actually made for Disney weddings by an outside company and the GF bakery is the point of contact. The small one (pictured) costs $100, and the big one costs $200. If GF private dining gives you any trouble about it, you can always order it directly from the supplier, but then there are shipping fees. Maybe they'd do a local delivery for you, though.

Okay, I don't want to get anyone in a panic:scared1:, but I have heard rumors (from the CR thread) that the California Grill will be closing for refurb. If this happens, how do you suppose it will affect the cakes being ordered at the Contemporary? Will they still be made there, or shipped over from maybe GF? Any thoughts??

The cakes aren't made at California Grill, they're made elsewhere at the resort, so this shouldn't be an issue. It just makes one less place you can get a Contemporary Bakery cake during that period.

The cakes aren't made at California Grill, they're made elsewhere at the resort, so this shouldn't be an issue. It just makes one less place you can get a Contemporary Bakery cake during that period.

Thank you so much Lurkyloo!! I knew you'd have the answer for me!!:love:

Hi! This summer I'm taking my sister to WDW for her 15th birthday (and belated 8th grade grad present). It will be just the 2 of us. I have finally decided on a 6in Mickey delight cake for our dinner at GFC. But I'm having trouble coming up with a cute little saying other than the standard "happy birthday". Does anyone have any suggestions???????? Thanks!!! pixiedust::cake:::MinnieMo:dumbo:

Hi! This summer I'm taking my sister to WDW for her 15th birthday (and belated 8th grade grad present). It will be just the 2 of us. I have finally decided on a 6in Mickey delight cake for our dinner at GFC. But I'm having trouble coming up with a cute little saying other than the standard "happy birthday". Does anyone have any suggestions???????? Thanks!!! pixiedust::cake:::MinnieMo:dumbo:

How fun!! I'm also taking my 14 year old sister this summer (in june) and it will just be the two of us!! Maybe you could find a fun quote from her favorite movie?

Well I ordered my daughters BD cake today from Pat. I explained I wanted the stand up images. ( She wants monsters inc.) I asked her if she wanted me to email her my picture I made on photo shop, but she said it was a simple enough design. Do ya'll think I should have just asked for an email address anyway? :confused3

Pirateprincess,
I'm in the process of ordering cake and we keep emailing and I wasn't sure if we had same idea in mind so I drew what I was thinking on paper, took picture with IPad and sent the email.Trust me it was no work of art by any means but it allowed him to see what I was trying to say so we could agree.If I were you, I would send email of pic, especially bc you went through of trouble of making one and you really have something specific in mind.If anything it will just be a confirmation for Pat and reassurance for you.

Well I ordered my daughters BD cake today from Pat. I explained I wanted the stand up images. ( She wants monsters inc.) I asked her if she wanted me to email her my picture I made on photo shop, but she said it was a simple enough design. Do ya'll think I should have just asked for an email address anyway? :confused3

Since you already have a design in mind, I'd definitely email it to them. Things don't always translate well over the phone. IMO, there's been too many disappointed people to take a chance, if you know for sure what you want.

I might call the cake hotline and ask about vegan options, because they seem to exist. I realize BabycakesNYC is an option as well. My birthday will have already passed by 2 weeks but the trip will basically be halfway between my boyfriend and I's.

Pirateprincess,
I'm in the process of ordering cake and we keep emailing and I wasn't sure if we had same idea in mind so I drew what I was thinking on paper, took picture with IPad and sent the email.Trust me it was no work of art by any means but it allowed him to see what I was trying to say so we could agree.If I were you, I would send email of pic, especially bc you went through of trouble of making one and you really have something specific in mind.If anything it will just be a confirmation for Pat and reassurance for you.

chicklet2, do you happen to have the email.

I was emailing with Brian about making special cake for dinner at Artist Point on a Sunday.I believe he works Mon-Thurs,so I wouldn't think he will be able to do cake plus I would never want cake sitting around a few days if it was made on Thursday.So if not Brian who or where is best resort to make a special cake???

We will be in Disney for my son's 8th birthday and he doesn't really eat much cake. Do any of the restaurants decorate brownies? He is also a Star Wars fan and we will be at Hollywood Studios on his birthday for Star Wars Weekends. Is there any places that do Star Wars themed desserts??

We will be in Disney for my son's 8th birthday and he doesn't really eat much cake. Do any of the restaurants decorate brownies? He is also a Star Wars fan and we will be at Hollywood Studios on his birthday for Star Wars Weekends. Is there any places that do Star Wars themed desserts??

This cupcake was awesome I know you said he was not a cake person but

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/05/24/star-wars-weekends-darth-vader-cupcake/

Peanut butter and chocolate.

Also I had this done last year for mine and hubby anniversary but I think you would have to dine at a restaurant that is serviced by the Contemporary pastry chefs.

DSCF0326.jpg

I was emailing with Brian about making special cake for dinner at Artist Point on a Sunday.I believe he works Mon-Thurs,so I wouldn't think he will be able to do cake plus I would never want cake sitting around a few days if it was made on Thursday.So if not Brian who or where is best resort to make a special cake???

If your set on getting it at Artist Point it has to be made by the Contemporary bakery. If you wanted to pick it up you could always get one done at the Boardwalk bakery. I'm pretty sure though that most cakes are made a few days in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter