The Attic was just perfect!
Welcome to the home of the
Official Cake Chatter Thread

When posting photos on the chatter thread please include:

• Price
  • Date Received
  • Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc
  • Anything else special about that particular cake
When replying about a cake, we would like to ask you to not quote a multi-picture post. Respond to the poster by name if you need to. Sometimes multiple people will quote the same multiple picture thread and it takes up a whole page.

PHOTOS

Standard Cake Options (what you'll get everywhere on property but Epcot and Coronado Springs Resort)

Lots of great photos of custom Disney cakes can be found in the following threads:

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part II (Includes an index of cake photos by design)

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part I

Disney Cake Photo Gallery (circa 2010)

Disney Wedding Cake Thread

Disney's Bridal Showcase: Cakes, Mini Cakes and White Chocolate Figurines - Start at THIS POST

And here's a link to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' Wedding Cake Pin Board for even more inspiration photos (and proof that the Grand Floridian can do shaped cakes!).

FAQ

CLICK HERE for a list of cake options by Disney location.

How do I order a cake at ______________ ?
Call the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253.

Is there a web site for viewing cake choices?
Not at this time. The best resource for photos of standard Disney cakes is THIS POST. For custom cake ideas, see the resources listed under "Photos," above.

Is there an email address for ordering cakes?
Only the Contemporary (WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com) and the Magic Kingdom (magickingdomcakes@disney.com) have public email addresses for placing cake orders. For all other locations, you will need to call to place your order. It is sometimes possible to request an individual cast member's email address so that you can send in a cake photo, but DISBoards rules prevent us from posting those here.

Can I get a cake delivered to my room?
At resorts that offer Private Dining, yes. For any other resort, follow the prompts on the Cake Hotline to speak with someone at your resort about the availability of delivery. You do not need to be in the room when the cake is delivered, but you must be checked into your reservation.

Can I pick up a cake somewhere?
BoardWalk Bakery offers the option to pick up a cake, but only with at least 48 hours' notice (standard 6-inch cakes like those available at restaurant podiums can be purchased with no notice). If you're staying at a resort that gets its cakes from BoardWalk Bakery, you can pick up a custom cake at the resort food court or restaurant by placing the order with the resort via the Cake Hotline.

You may also be able to order a cake through Private Dining at the Contemporary for pickup at The Wave of Contemporary Flavors restaurant. More information on the Contemporary can be found in Post #2 of this thread.

Can I get a cake at Downtown Disney?
There are no longer any Disney-owned restaurants at Downtown Disney, which means you'll have to phone each restaurant individually to see whether it offers custom cakes.

When should I order my cake?
About 3 weeks ahead and no less than 72 hours ahead. For complicated fondant designs, 3 or 4 weeks may be necessary.

What size cake do I need for my group?
  • 6-inch serves 5
  • 8-inch serves 8
  • 10-inch serves 16
  • Mickey Mouse cake serves 12
  • 1/4 sheet cake serves 25
  • 1/2 sheet cake serves 50
  • Full sheet cake serves 100

Do I need to bring my own candles?
No. Disney's table-service restaurants provide candles upon request.

What flavors are available?
Options vary by location, but there is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. See the Disney Cake Options By Location post or call the Cake Hotline to speak to someone about the options where you are staying or dining.

What if I want red velvet/carrot cake/something besides chocolate or vanilla?
Most bakeries have limited flavor options, but Deluxe resorts, the Magic Kingdom and Epcot can accommodate certain special requests. Your best bet is to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian, whose bakery is responsible for most of the wedding cakes on property. This is a list of flavors for wedding cakes from the Grand Floridian—guests have had varying degrees of success getting non-wedding cakes made in these:

Wedding Cake Flavors
Vanilla
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Wedding Cake Fillings
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange White Chocolate Mousse
Orange Milk Chocolate Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Amaretto Mousse with Almond Crunch
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
Tropical Mousse (pineapple, passion fruit-mango, and lime mixed)
German Chocolate
Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter Cup (dark chocolate and peanut butter cream cheese mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey's Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Lemon Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Raspberries
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

Where can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake?
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas (no mini cakes)
  • BoardWalk Inn & Villas
  • Caribbean Beach (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower
  • Epcot (excluding restaurants in Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France)
  • Fort Wilderness (call Private Dining at the Contemporary)
  • Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Old Key West (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Pop Century (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Polynesian Resort (call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian)
  • Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (made by BoardWalk Bakery)
  • Wilderness Lodge (call Private Dining at the Contemporary)
  • Yacht & Beach Club & Villas

Can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake in a theme park?
Only at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, excluding restaurants in the Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France pavilions. For the Magic Kingdom, place your order through the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253. For Epcot, place your order through Epcot's Food and Beverage department: 407-560-6395.

What's in the Cinderella's Royal Table Princess Package?
See THIS POST.

I got married at Walt Disney World. How do I get a re-creation of the top layer of our wedding cake?
Contact Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. If your wedding was in the last five years, they can access your BEO to get an exact description of the cake. Otherwise, you can submit photos to help them replicate your cake. Alternatively, BoardWalk Bakery can replicate any of the standard Escape Collection cake designs.

Is the frosting buttercream or whipped cream?
Standard 6-inch cakes are frosted in buttercream, while custom-ordered cakes may be available in a choice of buttercream or whipped cream.

I don't like the taste of fondant but I want an elaborate cake. What should I do?
Disney's cakes come with a layer of buttercream underneath the fondant and can be served with the fondant removed. You can also specify whether you want vanilla or chocolate buttercream underneath the fondant.

Which characters can I get on my cake?
Any character from the extended Disney family (Muppets, Pixar, Disney Junior, et al.) except Winnie the Pooh & Friends. (Note: Awareness of this rule varies, so if you want Pooh, it never hurts to ask.) Characters cannot be sculpted 3-D, they must be rendered as a flat screen print directly on the cake or on a standing piece of white chocolate. The exceptions are the white chocolate character statues available for an additional charge at certain Deluxe resorts. Alternatively, you may be able to work with the bakery to provide your own plastic figurines to be placed on the cake.

Which white chocolate characters are available?
In general, white chocolate characters are only available at the locations that offer fancy, fondant-covered cakes (see Disney Cake Options By Location post). Prices are $15-$65, depending on size and resort, and figures can be fully painted for an additional charge. The selection varies by location, with the Grand Floridian offering the widest variety. Check with the bakery at the resort where you want to order the character.

• Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinker Bell
  • Peter Pan
  • Stitch
  • Anniversary Mickey & Minnie
  • Dark chocolate 3-inch Mickey or Minnie
  • Lightning McQueen
  • Tow Mater

Can I get a cake shaped like something besides a circle or a square?
The Grand Floridian is your best bet for a specially shaped cake, although the Contemporary and the Yacht & Beach Club may be able to do certain styles.

Can I send in a picture of what I want?
Once you make contact with a Disney cast member through the Cake Hotline, you can work with him or her to e-mail photos to the pastry chef.

Where can I get a mini cake?
The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club and BoardWalk Inn or any location serviced by these bakeries.

Where can I get the chocolate Cinderella Slipper Dessert?
The Cinderella Slipper Dessert is available at the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary Resort, and Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. It is usually white chocolate, but Cinderella's Royal Table occasionally offers it in milk chocolate.

What if someone in my party has dietary restrictions?
In general, Disney will do its best to accommodate dietary restrictions like allergies, but it's best to call to find out your options. All Disney-owned restaurants offer a vegan, allergen-free cake in chocolate or vanilla for $29. For details, a photo and an ingredient list, CLICK HERE. Alternatively, vegan bakery Babycakes NYC at Downtown Disney delivers two-layer 6-inch cakes (serves 8-10) to restaurants on Disney property. Call 855-462-2292 at least one week in advance to order. Babycakes offers gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free, casein-free, egg-free, vegan and kosher baked goods.

Will the restaurant hold my leftover cake until the end of the night?
Disney's official policy forbids this as a food-safety precaution, but some guests have been able to get Disney restaurants to hold their leftover cake. Just don't count on it.

How do I order a cake at the Swan or Dolphin?
These resorts are not Disney owned, so you must call them directly. Call 407-934-1614 to place an order at least 48 hours in advance.

Cake Flavors:
Intense Chocolate Cake
Vanilla Bean Cake
Raspberry Vanilla Cake
Strawberry Shortcake

Cake Sizes and Prices:
6” cake (5 to 7 people ): $42 and up
8” cake (10 to 12 people): $65 and up
10” cake (14 to 16 people): $89 and up
1/2 sheet cake (25 to 30 people): $185 and up
Full Sheet cake (54 to 60 people): $380 and up

How do I order a cake at Disneyland?
Disneyland has a much smaller operation, with one central bakery that makes the cakes for all the resorts and full-service restaurants in the parks. They only offer 6-inch cakes ($33) or 10-inch cakes ($52), along with quarter ($67), half ($92) and full ($132) sheet cakes. A 19% service charge is added for cakes delivered to Disney resort rooms. Disney requires 48 hours notice for all custom cakes.

Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet or carrot
Filling Flavors: vanilla custard, cream cheese (red velvet cake only), whipped cream, white or dark chocolate mousse or chocolate ganache
Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream, chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse

To place an order if you are staying at a Disney resort, call 1-714-300-7526 and select Option #2. To place an order if you are not staying at a Disney resort, call Disney Dining at 1-714-781-3463.

All-Star Resorts 407-827-2253
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $30 white, chocolate, yellow or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 1/2 sheet cake $65, same options as 12-inch cake
  • Full sheet cake $130, same options as 12-inch cake

Animal Kingdom 407-938-3243
  • Tusker House cakes come from Disney's Hollywood Studios' bakery. See Hollywood Studios for options, but call Tusker House at 407-938-3243 to order
  • Yak & Yeti offers only all-chocolate or all-vanilla cakes in 6 inches for $23, 8 inches for $35, 10 inches for $49, and 12 inches for $52
  • Cakes are not available elsewhere in Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom Lodge* 407-938-4720
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • No custom 6-inch cakes
  • 8-inch $35 custom vanilla or chocolate cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $49 custom cake, same options as 6-inch custom cake
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $52 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75 and must be 10 inches or larger; additional flavors may be available. Private dining may be able to pick up cakes made by other Disney resort bakeries

Art of Animation* 407-938-3686
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • All other options same as Yacht & Beach Club; place order through Art of Animation at 407-938-3686 for delivery to food court or your room

Bay Lake Tower*
See Contemporary Resort.

BoardWalk Inn* 407-939-5175
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $35 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen print costs $30
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $52 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

Caribbean Beach* 407-934-2830
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Shutters at Old Port Royale at 407-934-2830. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Contemporary Resort* 407-824-2955 or wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com
  • 8-inch $35, same options
  • Screen print costs $15
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

Coronado Springs 407-827-2253
Cake flavors are chocolate with chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hours' notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Cake sizes are
  • 4-person $20 square cake
  • 58-person $30 rectangular cake
  • 10-person $40 round cake
  • 1216-person $50 rectangular cake

Downtown Disney
There are no Disney-owned restaurants at Downtown Disney. You must contact each restaurant individually to see if it offers any kind of special dessert or cake.

Epcot* 407-560-6395
For standard cakes, the following information is only for restaurants in the Canada, UK, Germany, America and Norway pavilions, plus Future World.
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla frosting; no personalization
  • 8-inch $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate frosting or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $62 for an 8-inch cake or $35 for a mini cake; additional flavors may be available

White Chocolate Figures Available for $25 Each:
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinkerbell
  • Minnie
  • Mickey
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Stitch

Again, Epcot's Food and Beverage department only services restaurants in the Canada, UK, Germany, America and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by an outside vendor are detailed below. If you don't see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it's serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France 407-827-5032, ext. 110
  • 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $49 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit

Nine Dragons 407-827-8781, ext. 14
  • 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options

Restaurant Marrakesh 407-827-5322, ext. 16
  • 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options as 6-inch

San Angel Inn & La Hacienda de San Angel 407-842-1107
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print

Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining 407-827-8773
  • 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print

Tutto Italia & Via Napoli 407-560-8040
  • 8-inch $35 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options as 8-inch

Fort Wilderness Resort* 407-824-2090
  • Buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by Private Dining at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Grand Floridian Resort* 407-824-1951 or 407-824-2474
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream ($28 at Victoria & Albert's; flavors same as 8-inch cake)
  • 8-inch $35 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, custard with strawberries, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mini cake with white chocolate castle topper comes in chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse, yellow cake with white chocolate mousse or cheesecake for $30; other styles of one- and two-tier mini cakes are available at $35 and up and serve two
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors are available

Hollywood Studios 407-827-2253
  • 10-inch $49 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger at no extra charge

Magic Kingdom* 407-827-2253 or magickingdomcakes@Disney.com
  • Screen print costs $15
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15 and can only be served at Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2.

Old Key West* 407-827-1818
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Olivia's by calling 407-827-1818. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Polynesian Resort* 407-824-2165
  • 10-inch $49 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Pop Century Resort* 407-938-3070
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order through Pop Century at 407-938-3070 for delivery to food court

Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside* 407-934-5824
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Port Orleans at 407-934-5824 and pick up cake at food court or restaurant.

Saratoga Springs Resort* 407-827-4005
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Saratoga Springs at 407-827-4005 and pick up cake at The Artist's Palette.

Wilderness Lodge* 407-824-2090
  • Buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by Private Dining at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Yacht & Beach Club* 407-934-3105
  • 10-inch $49 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream

*Fancy, fondant-covered cakes available

So I wanted to get a mini wedding cake for my parents anniversary. Is it possible to get it delivered to Riverside Mill at POR? Our last 8" cakes were able to be picked up there, just not sure about this one. If so, what are my cake options for the mini wedding cake?

I'm on the first page. LOVE this thread!! Thank thank thank you, Lurky Loo!!:flower3:

So I wanted to get a mini wedding cake for my parents anniversary. Is it possible to get it delivered to Riverside Mill at POR? Our last 8" cakes were able to be picked up there, just not sure about this one. If so, what are my cake options for the mini wedding cake?

BoardWalk Bakery makes minicakes, so yes! But you need to order it through POR at the number posted above. There aren't really any standard options for mini cakes at Disney. I mean, if you just ask for a "mini wedding cake" you'll get flounces and flowers, but there is no standard design. So it's best to submit a picture or a description if you have a strong preference. :thumbsup2

I'm on the first page. LOVE this thread!! Thank thank thank you, Lurky Loo!!:flower3:

I dunno if I'm even allowed to start the new Cake Thread, but I was going through serious withdrawals after they closed the last one for being too long! :rotfl:

Love this thread, have ordered two cakes in the past and the slipper three times - looking for an excuse to order a mini cake next trip ;)

Ive been trying to order a birthday cake for my daughters 5th birthday She is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and lactose intolerant. I called The cake hotline and they told me all there cakes were produced in a factory that also produces peanuts. Not wanting to risk cross contamination , they told me to call Babycakes . Babycakes told me that coconut ( a treenut) is used in all their cakes so there goes that option. Does anyone know another bakery that will deliver?
Thanks

Ive been trying to order a birthday cake for my daughters 5th birthday She is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and lactose intolerant. I called The cake hotline and they told me all there cakes were produced in a factory that also produces peanuts. Not wanting to risk cross contamination , they told me to call Babycakes . Babycakes told me that coconut ( a treenut) is used in all their cakes so there goes that option. Does anyone know another bakery that will deliver?
Thanks

I don't know about Babycakes, but this info doesn't sound right to me. I know bakery items are higher risk regardless (i.e. same mixers/pans used to make a yellow cake could also be used to make a carrot cake w/nuts), but my DD5 is peanut and tree nut allergic and when I ordered her bday cake from the Contemporary last summer, I was told the only thing on my cake that posed a cross contamination risk was the white chocolate Belle topper I added to the cake. Maybe it's naive, but I was under the impression that each respective resort WDW bakery baked their cakes...i.e. no factory involved.

When I called the cake hotline that is what they told me. I was actually surprised because I figured Disney must deal with this issue all the time. Hopefully they r wrong and I will ask again when we r at the restaurant

Thanks

Seeing as how the Cake Hotline is a major pusher of those pre-made cakes you get at the podiums of Disney restaurants, I wouldn't be surprised if THAT was the kind of cake they were talking about. I would work directly with the pastry chef (via Private Dining) at the resort that delivers to the location where you want your cake (see Post #2) to see what your options really are. :thumbsup2

I am planning on ordering a cake for my 25th wedding anniversary on May 23rd. We will be dining at the California Grill that evening. I am going to call the Contemporary and ask for private dining, as I understand it they will they give me Brian's e mail, correct? I was also wondering what information I should include in the e mail and how soon should I contact him?
I was thinking of a 6in marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling and buttercreme frosting. I want to have it covered in fondant. I am still up in the air about doing the cake in silver and white (silver wedding anniversary) or the colors of mickey mouse (red, white, yellow, black). Any suggestions or pictures would be great! Thanks Teri

I am planning on ordering a cake for my 25th wedding anniversary on May 23rd. We will be dining at the California Grill that evening. I am going to call the Contemporary and ask for private dining, as I understand it they will they give me Brian's e mail, correct? I was also wondering what information I should include in the e mail and how soon should I contact him?
I was thinking of a 6in marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling and buttercreme frosting. I want to have it covered in fondant. I am still up in the air about doing the cake in silver and white (silver wedding anniversary) or the colors of mickey mouse (red, white, yellow, black). Any suggestions or pictures would be great! Thanks Teri

I don't have suggestions only an opinion. :laughing: If it were me, I'd go with silver. In pictures it will be obvious that it was for your 25th. You can order Mickey colors any time.

Any info about the cake at CRT for Bday celebration pkg??:confused3 I am considering this for upcoming trip! But, would love some more info!:tink:

Which white chocolate characters are available?
In general, white chocolate characters are only available at the locations that offer fancy, fondant-covered cakes (see Disney Cake Options By Location post). Prices are $15–$65, depending on size and resort, and figures can be fully painted for an additional charge. The selection varies by location, with the Grand Floridian offering the widest variety. Check with the bakery at the resort where you want to order the character.

• Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinker Bell
  • Peter Pan
  • Stitch
  • Jedi Mickey (Yacht & Beach Club only)
  • Anniversary Mickey & Minnie
  • Dark chocolate 3-inch Mickey or Minnie

Interesting. I could not find the answer but so you or anyone else now where I could get a chocolate figure of Chip and how much? Thanks in advance.

Here's the info on the Cinderella's Royal Table Princess Package:

Price: $90 plus tax and gratuity ($112.05 total)

What's Included:
  • Pixie dust on the table
  • Princess balloon with Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, Belle and Jasmine (value: $10)
  • Fancy, fondant-covered vanilla or chocolate cake featuring Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Tiana, or Ariel (6-inch cake, feeds 5–7, according to Disney; value: $60)
  • Name on the cake
  • Barrette-style crystal tiara (value: $20; full-size tiara available for an additional $17 + tax and gratuity)

Rules:
  • Theme park admission required
  • CRT reservation required
  • Princesses will visit table but cannot present the package/cake
  • CRT will not store your cake after you get it
  • You can swap the 6-inch cake for an 8-inch (+ $15) or a 10-inch (+ $40); just know that Disney underestimates the number of guests their cakes can serve. A 6-inch may serve as many as 10 if you cut the pieces smaller.
  • You can also swap the cake for a $12.50 white or dark chocolate slipper dessert.
How to Order: Email wdw.crt.special.events@disney.com or call 407-824-4477

They will send you a 4-page PDF with info about the package. Here are the pages with the photos on them...

CRTPrincessPkg2.jpg

CRTPrincesPkg1.jpg

Any info about the cake at CRT for Bday celebration pkg??:confused3 I am considering this for upcoming trip! But, would love some more info!:tink:

See above :thumbsup2

Interesting. I could not find the answer but so you or anyone else now where I could get a chocolate figure of Chip and how much? Thanks in advance.

Your best bet is the Grand Floridian, but you could ask at any of the Deluxe resort bakeries and see if they have him too.

My parents make it a goal every year to make sure whole family goes to Disney,no matter what were all doing we go together, we have been going for 25 plus years. I wanted to have a special cake made to say thanks for being such loving parents or thanks for the memories ( have not come up with best line). I've been looking through postings for days and love the cakes by Chef Brian.
We are going to be eating a Artist Point, that would no problem to deliver there would it?
If I emailed Brian and told him my basic thought would he come up with some ideas? I'm not sure exactly what theme to go for but know I want it to be a wow?

Any thoughts or ideas would be so appreciated

Oh my gosh, that Princess Package totally makes me want to sway my daughter away from Akershus for her birthday dinner! :faint:

My parents make it a goal every year to make sure whole family goes to Disney,no matter what were all doing we go together, we have been going for 25 plus years. I wanted to have a special cake made to say thanks for being such loving parents or thanks for the memories ( have not come up with best line). I've been looking through postings for days and love the cakes by Chef Brian.
We are going to be eating a Artist Point, that would no problem to deliver there would it?
If I emailed Brian and told him my basic thought would he come up with some ideas? I'm not sure exactly what theme to go for but know I want it to be a wow?

Any thoughts or ideas would be so appreciated

As a parent, I think they'd love a cake that said, "Thanks for the memories." If you don't mind spending more than $100, you could have them make a very special cake. I'm sure you have family photos throughout the years at WDW. You could send those & have them cover the sides of the cake similar to the Haunted Mansion cakes. Instead of the HM wallpaper yours would have family photos. You could put a Mickey & Minnie on the top to symbolize your parents. For what would probably be a bit cheaper option, you could have them put a picture of your dad & mom on white chocolate for the top & fill in with flowers or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!