Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does say to call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. I don't have that number, nor is it on the thread, but I am sure a google search will turn it up.

Can't promise they won't tell you to call the cake hotline though.

It does say to call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. I don't have that number, nor is it on the thread, but I am sure a google search will turn it up.

Can't promise they won't tell you to call the cake hotline though.

Thats what happened last time. I was told to call the cake hotline. so at that point we did and switched to Cafe mickeys.
I was hoping for some tips from someone who has ordered a cake. Disney doesn't seem to make this easy.

does ayone know if i order the mini wedding cake if it can be another colour besides white?

From what I was told last year, white chocolate ons are almost always going to GF restuarnatns and dark chocolate ones to CRT.

We are dining at Narcoosees in August and I order the slippers for DD. I was told I'd get white chocolate. I wonder why it is such a sticking point for them...option-wise?

I understand the BW Bakery has cakes available for purchase anytime in the case, but does anyone know what they are? Is there a place to find out what types of cakes they may keep on hand. I would love to have a nice cake, but I'm not too interested in paying a fortune for a super fancy one with fondant etc. I just want delicious!! :)

I just changed my cake. I originally ordered a plain 8 inch choc. cake for my DD's 7th birthday May 16th, but after seeing all the wonderful cakes on this thread, I called back and ordered a 10 inch choc. cake with a dark choc. mousse filling and choc. buttercream icing.
I also asked to have a snow white edible image put onto it along with the inscription.
The 1st cake I had ordered was only $32, but the new cake is $60 including tax.

Just to let everyone know, I wanted milk choc. mousse filling and they didn't have it. Only white or dark choc. mousse.

I saw a picture of an edible image princess cake that a lady said she ordered from the Epcot cake hotline to be delivered at a restaurant there. Can this be done for any restaurant in Epcot? I'm thinking of just going with a Toy Story edible image cake with blue and green icing accents. Would something like this be possible to be delivered to, say, Le Cellier?

That may have been my daughter's princess cake that we got at the Rose & Crown. When you call the cake hotline and select EPCOT option, it will list the restaurants that they will deliver to. I believe Le Cellier was one. I think the non-Disney owned restaurants are not on the list. It was really easy to do and they can customize it with your child's name with 48 hours notice.

Okay. I sure hope I get something good. I'm a little worried.

I've been lurking on here reading through thousands of posts trying to figure out the best way to get a really good cake. Its my daughter's 5th birthday and our first time to disney. We're having dinner on her birthday at chef mickey's and want one of those awesome cakes that I've seen Chef Brian make.

So last week I called the hotline, got to the contemporary and asked for Brian's email address. I sent him an email, but still haven't heard back. So, I figured I better go ahead and call. I believe I got Amanda on the phone. I asked to speak with Chef Brian, but she said he wasn't available. So I told her I wanted to order a cake. She said she can take care of that. My options were Chocolate or Vanilla. I told her I wanted a specialty cake. She said they can do an edible image for $15. That isn't what I meant by specialty. I told her I have seen really neat cakes with fondant icing and white chocolate images, etc and I wanted one with the filling. SHe said you have to order a 10" cake to get filling. Okay, I'll take a 10 inch then. SO I have the cake with the filling I want now, but what about decorations.... afraid that I was going to end up with an edible image of snow white on the cake, I asked for a statue. Yes, they have a snow white statue. Do I want that instead of the cake? NO! I want it on top of the cake. Then I asked about fondant. She said they can do that on the sides. What color do I want. I told her I want the cake as colorful as possible, can the fondant be multiple colors, or at least a marble of one color? No, it can only be one color. Okay, let's pick a color, how about yellow.

So, I have no idea what I'm really going to get. I had to give a credit card number. I sure hope I'm not spending $80 on something that is going to look worse than a walmart cake.

Chef Brian, if you're out there, what can/should I do?!

I would have waited to hear back to make sure you got what you were looking for! You still have time for your may 5th event!

We are dining at Narcoosees in August and I order the slippers for DD. I was told I'd get white chocolate. I wonder why it is such a sticking point for them...option-wise?

This morning I ordered slippers for my DDs at CRT...They asked if I wanted white or regular chocolate. I chose white just because I think it looks more realistic, but I wonder why this is inconsistent? They were SO nice about my order, and I wouldn't have known how to get the slippers without this thread. I am in your collective debt. Thank you!

Okay. I sure hope I get something good. I'm a little worried.

I've been lurking on here reading through thousands of posts trying to figure out the best way to get a really good cake. Its my daughter's 5th birthday and our first time to disney. We're having dinner on her birthday at chef mickey's and want one of those awesome cakes that I've seen Chef Brian make.

So last week I called the hotline, got to the contemporary and asked for Brian's email address. I sent him an email, but still haven't heard back. So, I figured I better go ahead and call. I believe I got Amanda on the phone. I asked to speak with Chef Brian, but she said he wasn't available. So I told her I wanted to order a cake. She said she can take care of that. My options were Chocolate or Vanilla. I told her I wanted a specialty cake. She said they can do an edible image for $15. That isn't what I meant by specialty. I told her I have seen really neat cakes with fondant icing and white chocolate images, etc and I wanted one with the filling. SHe said you have to order a 10" cake to get filling. Okay, I'll take a 10 inch then. SO I have the cake with the filling I want now, but what about decorations.... afraid that I was going to end up with an edible image of snow white on the cake, I asked for a statue. Yes, they have a snow white statue. Do I want that instead of the cake? NO! I want it on top of the cake. Then I asked about fondant. She said they can do that on the sides. What color do I want. I told her I want the cake as colorful as possible, can the fondant be multiple colors, or at least a marble of one color? No, it can only be one color. Okay, let's pick a color, how about yellow.

So, I have no idea what I'm really going to get. I had to give a credit card number. I sure hope I'm not spending $80 on something that is going to look worse than a walmart cake.

Chef Brian, if you're out there, what can/should I do?!

I suggest calling back, and hopefully you will get someone other than Amanda. Tell them you ordered a cake and your having second thoughts about your order and your not sure your gonna be happy with the end result so you want to start over again. I'm sure they will help you. Tell them specifically what you want.
In fact, tell them you have an idea in your head about how you want the cake to look and you'd like it noted for your order.
To be fair, Disney is usually very good at being creative, so most likely you will get a nice cake no matter what but you need to be happy in the end, so you should call especially for that price.

I called early today for my cake order and the lady was very rushed over the phone and didn't give me all my options.

I also ordered a snow white cake and she told me they ONLY have edible images and no cake toppers. This upset me as I've seen pics of cake toppers right here on the dis and I know its possible. I also understand that milk choc. mousse is available, yet she told me no, only white or dark and I'm not sure I like dark but thats what I had to pick.

I may call back myself.

I'm hoping someone here can help me. DH and I are going to be at Rose and Crown in Epcot for our 10 year Anniversary dinner. I'm not sure if I call the cake hotline or the resturant directly. We know we would like to have a chocolate cake with peanutbutter moose filling. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm checking into it this weekend--appreciate the info!!!:goodvibes I was kind of hoping they would just deliver a delicious cake to my house in RI :lmao:

That may have been my daughter's princess cake that we got at the Rose & Crown. When you call the cake hotline and select EPCOT option, it will list the restaurants that they will deliver to. I believe Le Cellier was one. I think the non-Disney owned restaurants are not on the list. It was really easy to do and they can customize it with your child's name with 48 hours notice.

Thank you and thank you for posting your picture too. I think it was your cake, it was at the Rose & Crown. My dad called a few hours ago (the cake is for me :)), and the recording said that they don't take orders on the weekend, it was 5:15 eastern time and i suppose they were already off for the day. I hope it really is 48 hours because we're really pushing it by ordering on Monday to have it ready on Thursday.

I know that Disney has cakes that you can order ahead of time for special occasions. I found the phone number, but I was wondering if they have a website for this or anything? Thank you. :)

No online cake ordering or info from Disney, sorry.

There is lots and lots of info and pictures in a few various threads - check out the 'Please Read - Special Dining Links' sticky at the top of the forum page.

Unless something has changed recently, you don't need to be staying at the Boardwalk or eating at one of their restaurants to get a cake from their bakery. We've dropped by there ourselves and picked up custom birthday cakes two years in a row. They do a great job, and no delivery fees obviously!

I would say double check with WL to see what they can do for you. As of last year, they did not do custom cakes; basically flowers only. If they did switch those duties over to the Contemporary, hopefully people are having more luck than we did before!

I'm hoping someone here can help me. DH and I are going to be at Rose and Crown in Epcot for our 10 year Anniversary dinner. I'm not sure if I call the cake hotline or the resturant directly. We know we would like to have a chocolate cake with peanutbutter moose filling. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I would call the cake hotline. When I called the Polynesian resort directly, they transferred me to the cake hotline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter