Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, that's very similar to our wedding cake in 2008! :cloud9:

0805_2079N.jpg

Can you get these Mickey ears on a cake at CR? I love them!

i LOVE this cake

not that we'd get it for just the 3 of us but how much did that cost?

0805_2079N.jpg

I want to order the Star Wars Mickey Jedi cake that was posted in the Cake gallery. What bakery was this ordered from? Thanks!

I want to order the Star Wars Mickey Jedi cake that was posted in the Cake gallery. What bakery was this ordered from? Thanks!

I really liked that cake too. It was from last June (soon after we returned). Wish i'd seen it sooner.

The poster was staying at the BC and it was delivered to her room (which means she must have ordered through private dining). Here's the link to the post.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1811912&highlight=mickey+star+wars+cake&page=68

I want to order a custom cake for our trip on may 16th (it's my DBF's first visit!) I am tempted to go through the cake hotline and have it brought to our table at the garden grille, but after reading all of the great experiences of ordering and picking up cakes through BW Bakery, i'm tempted to call them and pick it up after dinner. any thoughts on this?

ALSO, i want the cake to be a goofy head in a similar style of the mickey heads you can order. DBF loves chocolate, so i'd want to do a chocolate cake with vanilla mousse filling, covered in chocolate buttercream frosting. has anyone else done something like this (order a character head cake besides mickey or minnie)? if so, what price were you given?

Thought I'd post these 2 cakes I ordered during this past year.
This one was for our big Birthday Gala with my Disboard friends. We were celebrating my birthday & I wanted to show my appreciation to them for their friendship. So I had this cake waiting for us in our BLT villa the first night we were there. They were shocked! They kept saying that it was MY birthday & I brought the cake! :rotfl: It was delicious!! It was an 8" chocolate cake with white chocolate filling!! I ordered it through the Contemporary bakery & cost was $32 plus $15 for the edible topping plus tax & gratuity
031_31-1.jpg

This one was ordered for my DSIL's birthday at the Grand Floridian Cafe. She loved it!! :goodvibes Unfortunately, I've forgotten the price. sorry. Again, I ordered this through the Contemporary bakery.
DisneyChristmas09022.jpg

We're going this May & want to order a cake for my brother's birthday, but don't know what to get. I was thinking of a "villain" cake. Maybe just a Mickey Head would be better......can't decide. I know his daughters would love the Mickey one. Any other suggestions???

I might sugest a cake based on his fav ride, he would like it and his kids might too if they like the ride. I once saw a cake that was the hat on the cast members at tower of terror, very cute. There was a haunted mansion theme and a splash mt theme that were both some of my favs. I personally think that if u do get a cake it shouldn't be a mickey head, they are extremly cute but i think something else might be cute.

U might also want to consider a mickey sport theme???

What ever u get i hope u enjoy it!!

Has anyone ordered an "unbirthday" cake? My two DDs will be celebrating their birthdays shortly after our WDW trip and I'd like to get them the treasure chest cakes, however, we'll have four other kids with us that might feel a tad left out. I was thinking of ordering an unbirthday cake with all of their names on it to be delivered simultaneously with the two treasure chest cakes for the DDs.

I'd like to get a fairly simple white cake with raspberry filling, some piping, and maybe a picture of the Mad Hatter with the cake on his head. In other words, nothing terribly elaborate.

Can anyone share whether they've done something similar? TIA!

Has anyone ordered an "unbirthday" cake? My two DDs will be celebrating their birthdays shortly after our WDW trip and I'd like to get them the treasure chest cakes, however, we'll have four other kids with us that might feel a tad left out. I was thinking of ordering an unbirthday cake with all of their names on it to be delivered simultaneously with the two treasure chest cakes for the DDs.

I'd like to get a fairly simple white cake with raspberry filling, some piping, and maybe a picture of the Mad Hatter with the cake on his head. In other words, nothing terribly elaborate.

Can anyone share whether they've done something similar? TIA!

The treasure chest cakes would be the cheapest way to go I bet. I think they are about 15 maybe..I can't remember off hand, but to get a custom cake you are talking big bucks.

The treasure chest cakes would be the cheapest way to go I bet. I think they are about 15 maybe..I can't remember off hand, but to get a custom cake you are talking big bucks.

Do you know if you can get the Treasure chest cake delivered to our room at BLT? We are eating at Chef Mickey's on my DD's bday if we can't- maybe we could get it there. Do we call the cake hotline for that or someone at the Contemporary? Any help would be appreciated. :goodvibes

Do you know if you can get the Treasure chest cake delivered to our room at BLT? We are eating at Chef Mickey's on my DD's bday if we can't- maybe we could get it there. Do we call the cake hotline for that or someone at the Contemporary? Any help would be appreciated. :goodvibes

It's been a year since i read up on those cakes, but I think they are available upon request at certain restuarants. They aren't something you order. And are very small.

Unless you mean the really fancy treasure chest looking cake posted here earlier in t he thread. Thats completely different.

I think the treasure chest cakes are going to be a bit too small for what I was envisioning. I think I was looking for more of a round or sheet cake that we can customize with names for the unbirthday kids. Hmmm...guess I need to call the hotline.

Thanks though, for the suggestion - much appreciated. :)

I think the treasure chest cakes are going to be a bit too small for what I was envisioning. I think I was looking for more of a round or sheet cake that we can customize with names for the unbirthday kids. Hmmm...guess I need to call the hotline.

Thanks though, for the suggestion - much appreciated. :)

Yes certainly call the hotline. :goodvibes I don't know that Disney does a sheetcake. I know there are some beautiful round cakes in the gallery (link is in the first post I believe). I've read lots of different information on what size you'll need to order to have it "customized" and various prices for the cost of the custimization. Good luck and be sure to please share the info you get from the cake line and pictures when you get back!! :goodvibes

We are going as a party of 9 in Nov/Dec. I got a rather small cake in CR in Epcot two years ago and it was perfect for our party of 5 (I'm guessing 8" maybe???). I want to make sure we get a cake big enough to take back to the house we're renting. We'll have three big boys and two little boys to eat lots of leftovers at the house (and us girls will snack on some too!). We'll be there for 10 days so plenty of time to eat the left overs since I'll order it early in the trip. I just don't want something super huge or anything too small either. I also don't want to blow my budget with a cake either! I'm going to keep looking but I would love something kind of winterish in disign to celebrate about half of our birthdays but not an obvious birthday cake. I want to tie some characters into it somehow but I'm just not sure.... My other option would be two smaller cakes at two different ADRs we'll have. What are everyone's thoughts/suggestions???? For our CRT ADR (praying we'll get it!), I'm thinking the slipper for my DMIL, friend and friend's daughter (the boys will just have to get left out that morning I think!). For our cake ADR, I was thinking GFC - we've gotten a cake from them in the past and it was VERY good and they were easy to work with. We'd probably do a late lunch (cheaper food!) and have cake then head back to the house to rest for awhile and be able to take it back to the house without any worries about having to tote it around the park or anything.

Hi Everyone,

Finally posting my pictures from my 40th birthday cake last September...it looked fabulous. Taste was ok, but the look made up for it! ;)

Cake: Mad Hatter vanilla cake with strawberry filling, buttercream frosting, black fondant. I pretty much said I wanted a black, red and white cake, maybe with some bows or stars on it. Also wanted it somewhere to say "Happy 40th Tracy".
Cost: $120

One thing I did not know was that they brought the cake when the "celebration song" started and by then we were really stalling to stay there...people had even grabbed dessert already! :headache:

Here’s what finally came out:

Day05_0690.jpg

I LOVED it…and took a million pictures of it, as there was so much to it. Here we go:
Day05_0700.jpg

Day05_0720.jpg

Day05_0731.jpg

Day05_0732.jpg

This cake is gorgeous! Happy belated 40th!
I'm thinking of the same cake in light blue, white and yellow with pink roses for my DD's and her BFF's 21st birthday in June.
Can you tell me how many this feed?
Thanks!

I ordered a birthday cake for my DD at Ohana's on May 16th for dinner. So easy to do. The cakes are a bit expensive so I only got a 8 inch cake. They are going to make it pink and personalize it with her name...but I'm started to have second thoughts. I think I may want to change the order. Does anyone know how much it would cost me if I added the Little mermaid and got choc. mousse filling? The man on the phone told me for the 8 inch, I only had a choice of vanilla or chocolate cake.

Ok! I just booked a trip to the world in june for me and my BFF. We are gonna be staying at AKV. I would like to do something special for her as she doesn't come to the world that often. We are gonna eat at Boma the night of our arrival. Does AK dining do any special desserts or should a just try for a small cake? Hopefully this will be a first of many trips for us to share together. I have done a Haunted Mansion cake for my DS last oct at CM but want to do something special for her. Any ideas. Getting ready to go check out the cake and dessert pic thread for ideas.

Tinks "SS";36349921 said:
I have done a Haunted Mansion cake for my DS last oct at CM but want to do something special for her. Any ideas. Getting ready to go check out the cake and dessert pic thread for ideas.

If you don't mind, do you have a picture of the Haunted Mansion cake? And what was the cost?

If you don't mind, do you have a picture of the Haunted Mansion cake? And what was the cost?

Sorry that I suck at this but I'm trying to post this before I go to work. Click on the link and you will see the haunted mansion cake that I ordered for my husband for our upcoming trip in May. It will be for our 22nd anniversary. I ordered it for the California Grill and the cost is $65. Hope this helps!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48486361@N04/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter