Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Join the club. You can either resize (I haven't figured this out on my phone) or email it to yourself repeatedly. Eventually the quality will degrade enough to upload. Anyone that is a master of uploading to the Dis...I'd love to learn lol.
If I really want to upload from my phone... I usually screenshot my photo, and that makes the size small enough. Very technical lol

Here is the Mickey cake that I ordered from the GF. It was $100 plus fees. It was delivered to my room and I believe that it was about $125 total. I asked for chocolate with peanut butter filling but I was told that it cannot be guaranteed so I picked a backup cake as well. I’m excited to say that we did get the chocolate/peanut butter. It was a two layer, 6” cake.

Edit: I keep getting a message saying that the file is too large. I will keep trying.

Join the club. You can either resize (I haven't figured this out on my phone) or email it to yourself repeatedly. Eventually the quality will degrade enough to upload. Anyone that is a master of uploading to the Dis...I'd love to learn lol.

I use Photobucket to host my images so I can just paste a link in a DIS post and they get displayed full size.

@Dbktmc If you want to email your photos to me at contact @ fairytaleweddingsguide.com I can post them for you here with your cake details!

I thought you guys would like this cake I was given permission to post here. It was dairy-free, lemon-flavored and created by the Yacht & Beach Club pastry team to look like Mary Blair's Tower of the Four Winds outside "it's a small world"! It cost $165.

Tower%20of%20the%20Four%20Winds%20Cake_zpsl0jeqh8s.jpg

Tower%20of%20the%20Four%20Winds%20Cake%20Inside_zpsdbmv7oqn.jpg

Tower%20of%20the%20Four%20Winds%20Cake%20Detail_zpsutdilprw.jpg

Lurkyloo -- did I read that there's a FB Disney cake group? I've read all 90 pages in the past two days so my brain is kind of mush now. Thanks.

Lurkyloo -- did I read that there's a FB Disney cake group? I've read all 90 pages in the past two days so my brain is kind of mush now. Thanks.

I should clarify -- are YOU involved in a cake group on FB? I see there are a bunch of groups but if you're involved in one then that's the one I want. :-)

Wow!!! Amazing cake! The Yacht & Beach Club pastry team seem to really be on their game. Now I need to decide if I should do our cake for the BC part of our stay or our AKL part...

Another amazing creation from the YC/BC pastry team! Now to come up with an idea for them to celebrate my friend's birthday in September!

Has anyone done a Coco or Jungle Cruise-inspired cake?

Coco would be amazing cuz they could make it so colorful!

Here's my jungle-y cake from a few years back...

Size: 6-inch cake

Flavors: Red velvet cake with cream cheese mousse filling, not the cream cheese buttercream frosting I'd requested.

Price: Quoted $65 ($35 for 6-inch cake + $30 for fondant decorations), charged $23 :confused3

Inspiration Photos:
I found this cake online and asked to have a modified version as a 6-inch. I found a separate cake to get inspiration for the hippo on top...

HaywardJikoCakeIdea.jpg

How It Turned Out:
The cake looked a lot better than I was expecting, considering it seemed to have been hastily assembled by assistants while the pastry chef was out. They didn't use a contrasting color for the leaves like in the original photo, and the pond was a little rough around the edges (literally!), but the hippo was adorable and really well-made. It was a surprise for my husband, and he thought it looked great!

ltuntitledgt208.jpg

ltuntitledgt212.jpg

ltuntitledgt204.jpg

ltuntitledgt207.jpg

ltuntitledgt203.jpg

ltuntitledgt209.jpg

ltuntitledgt215.jpg

Coco would be amazing cuz they could make it so colorful!

Here's my jungle-y cake from a few years back...

Size: 6-inch cake

Flavors: Red velvet cake with cream cheese mousse filling, not the cream cheese buttercream frosting I'd requested.

Price: Quoted $65 ($35 for 6-inch cake + $30 for fondant decorations), charged $23 :confused3

Inspiration Photos:
I found this cake online and asked to have a modified version as a 6-inch. I found a separate cake to get inspiration for the hippo on top...

HaywardJikoCakeIdea.jpg

How It Turned Out:
The cake looked a lot better than I was expecting, considering it seemed to have been hastily assembled by assistants while the pastry chef was out. They didn't use a contrasting color for the leaves like in the original photo, and the pond was a little rough around the edges (literally!), but the hippo was adorable and really well-made. It was a surprise for my husband, and he thought it looked great!

ltuntitledgt208.jpg

ltuntitledgt212.jpg

ltuntitledgt204.jpg

ltuntitledgt207.jpg

ltuntitledgt203.jpg

ltuntitledgt209.jpg

ltuntitledgt215.jpg
I really love that!! How adorable!

Okay, I've been a longtime lurker of this board. Love all the posts and pictures! So I started thinking....I'd love to surprise my husband for our anniversary. No trip planned yet, but we are Passholders so chances are we could go up sometime around our anniversary (Nov 10). He's not a huge Disney nerd, but he does like Wall-E so I thought a Wall-E/Eve cake would be cute. A single layer 6-inch would be more than enough for us.

Anyone have any photos of Wall-E themed cakes they've had made in the past? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Excited to report back that I ordered my cake today from the Grand Floridian for my kids unbirthday's - 6 inch round cake that will be in the style of the Mad Hatter hat!! $84 plus tax that I can pay for at time of my reservation. I'm so excited for my kids to get this! We won't ever get to celebrate their birthday at Disney since they are during tax time and I'm an accountant. Thank you all for your help! I will post pics in 37 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter