Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Just wanted to bump this up to see if there is anyone who knows anything about getting a Guardians of the Galaxy cake?? Or maybe anything Marvel?

I see your trip is this month, so I'm not sure if this is too late, but I was able to get a Loki-inspired cake through GF last June. Pat told me they didn't have any Avengers screen prints. I posted a pic on page 31 of this thread. I brought the figure and our server put it on in the back.

What if I wanted a snowy christmas cake, red and white, maybe poinsettias and a disney theme? Will that run me around $120? Pick up at POP, Anyone have pictures of a Disney Christmas cake?
I had a Christmas cake done at AKL in 2016. I asked for a snowman with mickey ears, snowballs, Christmas trees and poinsettia. It actually turned out great! It was an eight inch chocolate cake delivered to Jiko and cost around $100. It took lot of phone calls and emails but we got it done!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

What if I wanted a snowy christmas cake, red and white, maybe poinsettias and a disney theme? Will that run me around $120? Pick up at POP, Anyone have pictures of a Disney Christmas cake?

This was from a different pastry team but fits your description. Our holiday cake from Y&BC Fine Dining. It was a 6-inch chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream between the layers and vanilla buttercream under the fondant. With gratuity, tax, and delivery charge to the room, the total cost was $85.iPhone 02-08-18 & prior 557.JPG

I'm hoping I can get some advice here that can help me make a decision! I think I've spent too much time reading this thread and now I have indecision paralysis.

We're going to disney for my son's 7th birthday (he says his favorite disney character is Bill Nye, who yes, was on the disney channel for a bit, but I'm not sure this counts, maybe Mary Poppins second, I think he'd also be happy with a Mickey cake).

I'm thinking of ordering a cake (or just cupcakes) at either our first night there (Saana - animal kingdom lodge) or O'Hana (Polynesian, we're staying there but i want to eat the bread pudding). I don't want anything huge as the rest of the family aren't big cake eaters, but it'd be nice to have something that feels really special. My son also often has issues with a lot of icing types (cream cheese frosting is always a no go, butter cream is okay-ish, he really likes the kid's frosting from whole foods that I think is mostly whipped cream).

My husband also doesn't want to spend more than $50 on a cake. Does it make sense to order a custom cake?

I'm hoping I can get some advice here that can help me make a decision! I think I've spent too much time reading this thread and now I have indecision paralysis.

We're going to disney for my son's 7th birthday (he says his favorite disney character is Bill Nye, who yes, was on the disney channel for a bit, but I'm not sure this counts, maybe Mary Poppins second, I think he'd also be happy with a Mickey cake).

I'm thinking of ordering a cake (or just cupcakes) at either our first night there (Saana - animal kingdom lodge) or O'Hana (Polynesian, we're staying there but i want to eat the bread pudding). I don't want anything huge as the rest of the family aren't big cake eaters, but it'd be nice to have something that feels really special. My son also often has issues with a lot of icing types (cream cheese frosting is always a no go, butter cream is okay-ish, he really likes the kid's frosting from whole foods that I think is mostly whipped cream).

My husband also doesn't want to spend more than $50 on a cake. Does it make sense to order a custom cake?

I'm not sure if they do whipped cream frosting. Has he tried ganache? The new Mickey dome cakes have that.

he's okay with ganache. he doesn't love magnolia cupcakes's frosting if you're familiar with that, it's too buttery?

he's okay with ganache. he doesn't love magnolia cupcakes's frosting if you're familiar with that, it's too buttery?

Yeah, then he's not going to like WDW's buttercream. They offer whipped cream frosting, though—just be sure to specify.

I was wondering about 'Ohana. If you order a cake, do you not get your bread pudding dessert?

There is a picture of our Christmas cake on Post #79 at the beginning of this thread (I'm not sure how to link to it, but I think it's page 4). It was from the Grand Floridian pastry team. Loved how it turned out!

We're celebrating my granddaughter's birthday at H & V. Our quote for a custom cake is $320.00. Wondering if that is in line as far as pricing goes. Leaving in the morning, so we won't be able to finish the cake, but still want something nice. Anyone else ever have a cake done for H & V? Below is what we were quoted. Thanks.

We can make an 8 Inch Round cake

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream under the fondant

Cake covered in pink fondant with white dots along with a white bow with pink dots

Painted white chocolate Minnie figurine in pink, black, and white

Additional decorations that include butterflies and flowers

The total cost for this cake is $320.

We're celebrating my granddaughter's birthday at H & V. Our quote for a custom cake is $320.00. Wondering if that is in line as far as pricing goes. Leaving in the morning, so we won't be able to finish the cake, but still want something nice. Anyone else ever have a cake done for H & V? Below is what we were quoted. Thanks.

We can make an 8 Inch Round cake

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream under the fondant

Cake covered in pink fondant with white dots along with a white bow with pink dots

Painted white chocolate Minnie figurine in pink, black, and white

Additional decorations that include butterflies and flowers

The total cost for this cake is $320.
The painted white chocolate Minnie is a big part of that cost - could you do without it?

SW Birthday Cake Chef Mickeys.png
The painted white chocolate Minnie is a big part of that cost - could you do without it?

We asked for a Minnie themed cake with the chocolate Minnie on top.

We had an 8" SW themed cake for our grandson at Chef Mickey's. I'll try to attach the picture. It was also an 8" fondant cake with the white chocolate Jedi Mickey on top. Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filing for $175.00 plus tax & gratuity. I thought $320 seemed a bit high, but I guess cost went up since a couple years ago. And it's a different bakery. Just wondering if it's reasonable for a cake today. :-) Thanks.

View attachment 335993

We asked for a Minnie themed cake with the chocolate Minnie on top.

We had an 8" SW themed cake for our grandson at Chef Mickey's. I'll try to attach the picture. It was also an 8" fondant cake with the white chocolate Jedi Mickey on top. Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filing for $175.00 plus tax & gratuity. I thought $320 seemed a bit high, but I guess cost went up since a couple years ago. And it's a different bakery. Just wondering if it's reasonable for a cake today. :-) Thanks.

Was Jedi Mickey painted? The plain figures are around $35 IIRC, but painting adds quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!