Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

@pepperandchips LOL! I think it's so neutral that people taste whatever the cake flavor is and just feel the crunch, rather than, like, "This cake has Rice Krispies in it!" Then again, they make a lotta flavors I'd consider gross, so.... maybe it IS gross!

Has anyone had luck getting cakes based on Disney Channel/Disney Jr shows or movies? I was hoping with the print stuff they could pull off something Descendants themed

I just placed an order for 3 weeks from now at HDDR. Super easy, and without this thread I wouldn't have known this was even an option. My 10 year anniversary is July 4 and we are celebrating at the parks a couple of weeks later. When we got married the top tier of our cake was packed up and frozen (so we thought). Turns out my uncle ate all of it. We've joked about it now for a decade, so I ordered a cake to replace our top tier. 6 inch Splash Mountain theme. Will post pictures when we get back.

Hi all!

I'm looking to get a cake for my two kids for their "unbirthday" when we go down in August. It will be for our first night at 1900 Park Fare. Would love to get some ideas from you all! Was thinking of the cake from Alice in Wonderland but my kids also love Star Wars. Please give me some ideas! I'm clueless!!

Hi all!

I'm looking to get a cake for my two kids for their "unbirthday" when we go down in August. It will be for our first night at 1900 Park Fare. Would love to get some ideas from you all! Was thinking of the cake from Alice in Wonderland but my kids also love Star Wars. Please give me some ideas! I'm clueless!!

I think the key starting point (after picking one of those themes) is deciding if you want an overall Alice or Star Wars theme vs. a specific character or theme within.

Example- I've held onto a pic of someone else's AMAZING Alice themed cake (below) that was on the Cake Chatter a number of years ago as inspiration, but when it came time to do my own Alice in Wonderland cake, I decided to go with just the Cheshire Cat since he's my fave in that movie.

8625648875_74b559a2fa_z.jpg

20251734599_7c22e53b66_z.jpg

All in all, there are just so many creative options for both of what you noted that you could go in a bunch of different directions with design ideas.

Last edited:
Just called the YC/BC dining, for the Mini Wedding cakes, they start at $40 now and go up from there. Specialty Flavors are $15 to 20 more

Hi all!

I had this cake delivered to Park Fare for my unbirthday a few years ago! Mine was a mini, but I’m sure they could make a larger version of you wanted a bigger cake.
3276FD8F-713E-46C0-B035-F71119DB5D4F.jpeg

Here is the Mickey cake that I ordered from the GF. It was $100 plus fees. It was delivered to my room and I believe that it was about $125 total. I asked for chocolate with peanut butter filling but I was told that it cannot be guaranteed so I picked a backup cake as well. I’m excited to say that we did get the chocolate/peanut butter. It was a two layer, 6” cake.

Edit: I keep getting a message saying that the file is too large. I will keep trying.

No idea why I can't upload a picture!!
Join the club. You can either resize (I haven't figured this out on my phone) or email it to yourself repeatedly. Eventually the quality will degrade enough to upload. Anyone that is a master of uploading to the Dis...I'd love to learn lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter