Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we changed our mind and ordered a cake to be delivered to the room at the yacht club I'm assuming we would have to contact the yacht club for the cake. Where would i call to have it done by chef brian?

If we changed our mind and ordered a cake to be delivered to the room at the yacht club I'm assuming we would have to contact the yacht club for the cake. Where would i call to have it done by chef brian?

Chef Brian works at the Contemporary and they do no deliver to the Yacht Club. To have a cake made by Chef Brian, you would need to pick it up at the Contemporary or dine at the Contemporary!

Hi everyone!
We are going to disney world feb 18-23 and we are celebrating a birthday on february 20 at La cellier in Canada for dinner. After reading all of the posts I am still confused on where my best option for ordering a cake would be. I want a small 6 inch cake or small 2 tier cake with something lili and stitch themed or thumper not sure which!!. I don't want to spend more than $50. I am not sure whereI should call to order the cake from. I definitely would like to talk to Chef Brian after hearing so many good reviews. Help???
We had an adorable Stitch cake for my daughter's birthday last year, it was a 6 inch with fondant in blue, with stitch 2d on standup white chocolate they added tropical flowers, surf boards, etc. But I believe it was $80. They might be able to do in buttercream instead of the fondant and reduce the cost some.

Is there anywhere else you can do the princess package besides CRT? CRT is closed when we are there in a couple of weeks. We are doing breakfast at Akershus but I couldn't find anything for the princess package. My daughter just turned 6 so I thought she would enjoy the package just a bummer CRT is closed while we are there.

ezhj80.jpg
91m0eu.jpg
Here are 2 cakes I had made by Brian from the Contemporary. The first was made in 2012 for an anniversary with my boyfriend. Jack and Sally theme with vanilla and butter cream $75

2nd was made last Saturday and delivered to the California Grill. I was celebrating mine and my best friend's birthday and we chose a buzz and woody theme. Cake was vanilla, with strawberries and custard for the filling. $89

Would you mind saying what was on the top of your cake I can't quite make it out from the picture?

Do you think it would be odd if I still had the mickey ears on top?

Thank you I will send them your picture. I am so excited

No problem at all! It took a few conversations to get it right, but I was really happy with the results. I don't mind if you want to send the pic to the folks at the GF. I hope they can make something Up-py for you!

Hi all! I'm ordering a cake for the first time at Disney. We are staying at SSR and having dinner at Raglan Road. How do I order a cake and where do I pick up bc I understand there are no Disney restaurants in DTD? Could I get a specific cake ie tangled or Minnie? Help please this is for next weekend. Thank you.

Is there anywhere else you can do the princess package besides CRT? CRT is closed when we are there in a couple of weeks. We are doing breakfast at Akershus but I couldn't find anything for the princess package. My daughter just turned 6 so I thought she would enjoy the package just a bummer CRT is closed while we are there.

The princess package is only offered at Cinderella's Royal Table, but the cake is made by the Contemporary. So maybe they'd be able to make you that, at least, if you were staying or dining someplace serviced by the Contemporary (Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness).

Here are 2 cakes I had made by Brian from the Contemporary. The first was made in 2012 for an anniversary with my boyfriend. Jack and Sally theme with vanilla and butter cream $75

2nd was made last Saturday and delivered to the California Grill. I was celebrating mine and my best friend's birthday and we chose a buzz and woody theme. Cake was vanilla, with strawberries and custard for the filling. $89

Thanks for posting these!

Here it is.

Thanks for the pic!

And this was our anniversary cake this past December.

Thank you for sharing!

Hi all! I'm ordering a cake for the first time at Disney. We are staying at SSR and having dinner at Raglan Road. How do I order a cake and where do I pick up bc I understand there are no Disney restaurants in DTD? Could I get a specific cake ie tangled or Minnie? Help please this is for next weekend. Thank you.

Raglan Road does its own cakes. I'll attach the info to this post. If you want a Disney cake, you can order via SSR or any Disney resort or theme park you have dining plans at. The phone numbers, listed by location, are in Post #1 of this thread.

Attachments

• Raglan Road Specialty Cakes.pdf
    234.7 KB · Views: 46
How long does it usually take Pat to get back in touch with you? I called Tuesday (2/10) morning and left a message but haven't heard back. Should I call again?

How long does it usually take Pat to get back in touch with you? I called Tuesday (2/10) morning and left a message but haven't heard back. Should I call again?
seems like it took about a week for me to hear back from Pat, that was a few years ago for my younger daughter. Last year, we had the cake there, but I didn't ask for a super custom cake, just wanted 2d image, and got it as an "edible image" screenprint on top of the cake. It was cute, and fairly cheap, but certainly not as impressive as our other cakes which I talked with Pat, Brian or Donald.

Would you mind saying what was on the top of your cake I can't quite make it out from the picture?

Do you think it would be odd if I still had the mickey ears on top?

Thank you I will send them your picture. I am so excited

I didn't ask for anything on top of the cake, but the restaurant added a candle before bringing it out. I did ask for a Mickey-shaped cloud on the side for a touch of disney, but you could ask for ears in top, I'd guess.

Edit: I just remembered that then optionof adding 2D images of the chairs did come up in my cake planning convos. They won't fit on top of the cake (there's really not much space on top of a mini cake), but they could be standing on one/either side of it?

Last edited:
I just heard back from Pat she seemed super nice! I'm getting the Chocolate Slipper Dessert delivered to Ohana's for $15. I thought that was a really good deal and I know my DD5 will be super excited. I'm also getting a cake but having it made by It's Tasty Too. I ordered from them last year and posted it on here. Here is my inspiration, she quoted me $35 with the bottom layer removed (7" cake). Chocolate Cake with Reese's Cream filling. I'll be sure to post the result on here!

Attachments

• Aubrey cake.JPG
    Aubrey cake.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 119
I just heard back from Pat she seemed super nice! I'm getting the Chocolate Slipper Dessert delivered to Ohana's for $15. I thought that was a really good deal and I know my DD5 will be super excited. I'm also getting a cake but having it made by It's Tasty Too. I ordered from them last year and posted it on here. Here is my inspiration, she quoted me $35 with the bottom layer removed (7" cake). Chocolate Cake with Reese's Cream filling. I'll be sure to post the result on here!

Can you bring in your own cake (from a bakery like It's Tasty Too) to any of the restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter