Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
Welcome to the home of the
Official Cake Chatter Thread

Please do not post to subscribe; use the Thread tools option to subscribe please!

When posting photos on the chatter thread please include:
  • Price
  • Date Received
  • Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc
  • Anything else special about that particular cake
When replying about a cake, we would like to ask you to not quote a multi-picture post. Respond to the poster by name if you need to. Sometimes multiple people will quote the same multiple picture thread and it takes up a whole page.

CAKE ORDERING BASICS

"PODIUM" CAKE
You can order a pre-made cake on the spot by requesting one at the podium when you check in for your dining reservation at any Disney-owned and -operated restaurant on property except Victoria & Albert's.
  • 6 inches, feeds 5 or 6 people
  • All-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • $23 plus tax
  • Delivered to your table at the end of your meal
  • Candles available upon request
  • A short inscription may be written on the plate only

CUSTOM CAKE
  1. Find the Disney resort or theme park where you want the cake delivered on THIS LIST.
  2. Call the phone number listed for your location to place an order at least 48 hours ahead.
  3. There are no standard design options other than THESE—every cake is a custom cake, so feel free to submit images that show the pastry team what you want.
  4. You may be asked for a credit card number, but you won’t be charged until the cake is delivered to the restaurant or resort.

PHOTOS

Standard Cake Options (what you'll get pretty much everywhere on property except at certain Epcot restaurants and Coronado Springs Resort)

Lots of great photos of custom Disney cakes can be found in the following threads:

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part II (Includes an index of cake photos by design)

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part I

Disney Cake Photo Gallery (circa 2010)

Disney Wedding Cake Thread

Disney's Bridal Showcase: Cakes, Mini Cakes and White Chocolate Figurines - Start at THIS POST

And here's a link to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' Wedding Cake Pin Board for even more inspiration photos (and proof that the Grand Floridian can do shaped cakes!).

FAQ

CLICK HERE for a list of cake options by Disney location.

How do I order a cake at ______________ ?
Call the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253.

Is there a web site for viewing cake choices?
Not at this time. The best resource for photos of standard Disney cakes is THIS POST. For custom cake ideas, see the resources listed under "Photos," above.

Is there an email address for ordering cakes?
Only the Contemporary (WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com) and the Magic Kingdom (magickingdomcakes@disney.com) have public email addresses for placing cake orders. For all other locations, you will need to call to place your order. It is sometimes possible to request an individual cast member's email address so that you can send in a cake photo, but DISBoards rules prevent us from posting those here.

Can I get a cake delivered to my room?
At resorts that offer Private Dining, yes. For any other resort, follow the prompts on the Cake Hotline to speak with someone at your resort about the availability of delivery. You do not need to be in the room when the cake is delivered, but you must be checked in to your reservation.

Can I pick up a cake somewhere?
BoardWalk Bakery offers the option to pick up a cake with at least 72 hours' notice (standard 6-inch cakes like those available at restaurant podiums can be purchased with no notice). Private Dining at the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian may be allow you to pick up a cake at one of the restaurants in the resort without a reservation. If you're staying at a resort that doesn't offer Private Dining, you can pick up a custom cake at the resort food court or restaurant by placing the order with the resort via the Cake Hotline.

Can I get a cake at Downtown Disney?
There are no longer any Disney-owned restaurants at Downtown Disney, which means you'll have to phone each restaurant individually to see whether it offers custom cakes. Information on cake options at some of the most popular Downtown Disney restaurants can be found on the Cake Options By Location in the next post.

Can I order a cake for someone else?
This is tricky. When you place the order, you will be required to provide a credit card number, but Disney usually charges the room or the restaurant bill, so your friend will have to pay the bill. Also, sometimes the server doesn’t realize there is a cake for the table, so if no one in the party knows about it and reminds him/her, it may never appear.

When should I order my cake?
No less than 48 hours ahead of time; for complicated fondant designs, 3 or 4 weeks' notice may be necessary. Disney will take your order as early as you wish to place it, but be sure to reconfirm it about a week out to be sure it hasn't been lost.

What size cake do I need for my group?
  • Mini-cake serves 2
  • 6-inch serves 5
  • 8-inch serves 8
  • 10-inch serves 16
  • Mickey Mouse cake serves 12
  • 1/4 sheet cake serves 25
  • 1/2 sheet cake serves 50
  • Full sheet cake serves 100

Do I need to bring my own candles?
No. Disney's table-service restaurants provide candles upon request.

What flavors are available?
Options vary by location, but there is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. See the Disney Cake Options By Location post or call the Cake Hotline to speak to someone about the options where you are staying or dining.

What if I want red velvet/carrot cake/something besides chocolate or vanilla?
Most bakeries have limited flavor options, but Deluxe resort bakeries, Epcot and the Magic Kingdom can accommodate certain special requests. Your best bet is to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian, whose bakery is responsible for most of the wedding cakes on property. Note that carrot cake and fresh fruit fillings are not available for mini cakes.

This is a list of flavors for wedding cakes from the Grand Floridian—guests have had varying degrees of success getting non-wedding cakes made in these:

Wedding Cake Flavors
Yellow
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot*
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Wedding Cake Fillings
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange White Chocolate Mousse
Orange Milk Chocolate Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Amaretto Mousse with Almond Crunch
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
Tropical Mousse (pineapple, passion fruit-mango, and lime mixed)
German Chocolate
Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse
Cannoli Filling
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter Cup (dark chocolate and peanut butter cream cheese mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey's Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Lemon Mousse
Apricot Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Tequila Key Lime Mousse
Strawberry Basil Mousse
Watermelon Mousse
Fresh Strawberries*
Fresh Raspberries*
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries*
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries*
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries*
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries*
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries*
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries*
Cookies & Cream
Mint White Chocolate
Dark Chocolate Crisp Pearl
Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch

*Carrot cake and fresh fruit fillings are not available in mini cakes

Where can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake?
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas (no mini cakes)
  • BoardWalk Inn & Villas
  • Caribbean Beach
  • Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower
  • Epcot (excluding restaurants in Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France)
  • Fort Wilderness
  • Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Old Key West
  • Pop Century
  • Polynesian Resort
  • Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Yacht & Beach Club & Villas

Can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake in a theme park?
Only at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, excluding restaurants in the Mexico, China, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France pavilions. For the Magic Kingdom, place your order through the Cake-Ordering Hotline at 407-827-2253. For Epcot, place your order through Epcot's Food and Beverage department: 407-560-6395.

I got married at Walt Disney World. How do I get a re-creation of the top layer of our wedding cake?
Contact Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. If your wedding was in the last five years, they can access your BEO to get an exact description of the cake. Alternatively, BoardWalk Bakery can replicate any of the standard Escape Collection cake designs. Otherwise, you can submit photos to any pastry team on property to help them replicate your cake.

Is the frosting buttercream or whipped cream?
Standard 6-inch cakes are frosted in buttercream, while custom-ordered cakes may be available in a choice of buttercream or whipped cream.

I don't like the taste of fondant but I want an elaborate cake. What should I do?
Disney's cakes come with a layer of buttercream underneath the fondant and can be served with the fondant removed. You can also specify whether you want vanilla or chocolate buttercream underneath the fondant.

Which characters can I get on my cake?
Any character from the extended Disney family (Muppets, Pixar, Disney Junior, et al.) except Winnie the Pooh & Friends. (Note: Awareness of this rule varies, so if you want Pooh, it never hurts to ask.) Characters cannot be sculpted 3-D, they must be rendered as a flat screen print directly on the cake or on a standing piece of white chocolate. The exceptions are the white chocolate character statues available for an additional charge at certain Deluxe resorts. Alternatively, you may be able to work with the bakery to provide your own plastic figurines to be placed on the cake.

Which white chocolate characters are available?
In general, white chocolate characters are only available at the locations that offer fancy, fondant-covered cakes (see Disney Cake Options By Location post). Prices are $15-$65, depending on size and resort, and figures can be fully painted for an additional charge. The selection varies by location, with the Grand Floridian offering the widest variety. Check with the bakery at the resort where you want to order the character.

• Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Ariel
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinker Bell
  • Peter Pan
  • Stitch
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Jedi Mickey
  • Anniversary Mickey & Minnie
  • Dark chocolate 3-inch Mickey or Minnie
  • Lightning McQueen
  • Tow Mater

Can I get a cake shaped like something besides a circle or a square?
The Grand Floridian is your best bet for a specially shaped cake, although the Contemporary and the Yacht & Beach Club may be able to do certain styles.

Can I send in a picture of what I want?
Once you make contact with a Disney cast member through the Cake Hotline, you can work with him or her to e-mail photos to the pastry chef.

Where can I get a mini cake?
The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, Yacht & Beach Club and BoardWalk Inn or any location serviced by these bakeries.

Can I get something other than a cake, like chocolate-covered strawberries?
Your best bet is to be staying at a Deluxe Resort, since their private dining menus usually have a section for "celebrations" or edible "amenities" you can have delivered to your room. Click here for a sample of the cake-alternatives at the Contemporary Resort and Animal Kingdom Lodge. You'll need to contact private dining at your resort to see what they offer, since every resort does something different.

Where can I get the chocolate Cinderella Slipper Dessert?
The Cinderella Slipper Dessert is available at the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary Resort, and Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. It is usually white chocolate, but Cinderella's Royal Table also offers it in milk chocolate. Additionally, CRT offers a white chocolate crown dessert. For more information and photos, see THIS PAGE.

What's in the Cinderella's Royal Table Princess Package?
See THIS POST.

What if someone in my party has dietary restrictions?
In general, Disney will do its best to accommodate dietary restrictions like allergies, but it’s best to call to find out your options. All Disney-owned restaurants offer a vegan, allergen-free cake in chocolate or vanilla for $29. For details, a photo and an ingredient list, CLICK HERE.

Alternatively, vegan bakery Erin McKenna’s Bakery (née Babycakes NYC) at Downtown Disney delivers two-layer 6-inch cakes (serves 8–10) to restaurants on Disney property. Call 407-938-9044 to order (Monday – Friday, 9am–5pm). Erin McKenna’s offers gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free, casein-free, egg-free, vegan and kosher baked goods. Certain other Erin McKenna’s Bakery items—like mini cupcakes, cookies and doughnuts—can be found in the gift shops at the Beach Club and Kidani Village; at Jambo House’s quick-service spot, the Mara; in the food courts at Pop Century and Art of Animation; and at Animal Kingdom’s Gardens Kiosk, a food-allergy info booth near Flame Tree Barbecue and It’s Tough to Be a Bug.

Will the restaurant hold my leftover cake until the end of the night?
Disney's official policy forbids this as a food-safety precaution, but some guests have been able to get Disney restaurants to hold their leftover cake. Just don't count on it.

How do I order a cake at the Swan or Dolphin?
These resorts are not Disney owned, so you must call them directly. Call 407-934-1614 to place an order at least 48 hours in advance.

Cake Flavors:
Intense Chocolate Cake
Vanilla Bean Cake
Raspberry Vanilla Cake
Strawberry Shortcake

Cake Sizes and Prices:
6-inch cake (5 to 7 people ): $42 and up
8-inch cake (10 to 12 people): $65 and up
10-inch; cake (14 to 16 people): $89 and up
1/2 sheet cake (25 to 30 people): $185 and up
Full Sheet cake (54 to 60 people): $380 and up

How do I order a cake at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World?
You must call Private Dining at the Four Seasons directly at (407) 313-7777. They offer the standard cakes below, or you can work with the pastry chef on a custom cake by filling out the order form they will send you.

Cake Flavors:

Carrot-Pineapple
Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse
Vanilla Diplomat (vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting)

Cake Sizes and Prices:

6” cake (5 to 7 people ): $45
8” cake (10 to 12 people): $60
10” cake (14 to 16 people): $75
1/4 sheet cake (25 to 30 people): $95
1/2 sheet cake (25 to 30 people): $145

How do I order a cake at Disneyland?
Disneyland has a much smaller operation, with one central bakery that makes the cakes for all the resorts and full-service restaurants in the parks. They only offer 6-inch cakes ($33) or 10-inch cakes ($52), along with quarter ($67), half ($92) and full ($132) sheet cakes. A 19% service charge is added for cakes delivered to Disney resort rooms. Disney requires 48 hours notice for all custom cakes.

Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet or carrot
Filling Flavors: vanilla custard, cream cheese (red velvet cake only), whipped cream, white or dark chocolate mousse or chocolate ganache
Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream, chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse

To place an order if you are staying at a Disney resort, call 1-714-300-7526 and select Option #2. To place an order if you are not staying at a Disney resort, call Disney Dining at 1-714-781-3463.

Last edited:
All-Star Resorts — Movies: 407-939-4091 / Music: 407-827-2253 / Sports: 407-939-7034
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting available at food court
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order via All-Stars at numbers above for delivery to food court or your room

Animal Kingdom 407-938-3243
  • Tusker House and Tiffins cakes come from Disney's Hollywood Studios' bakery. See Hollywood Studios for options, but call Animal Kingdom at 407-938-3243 to order
  • Yak & Yeti offers only all-chocolate or all-vanilla cakes in 6 inches for $23, 8 inches for $35, 10 inches for $49, and 12 inches for $52
  • Cakes are not available elsewhere in Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom Lodge* 407-938-4720
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting
  • 8-inch $40 custom vanilla or chocolate cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate mousse, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Zebra Cake $42 (serves 8-10): Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and light and dark chocolate ganache zebra stripes.
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available. 5–7 days' notice is required.

Art of Animation* 407-938-3686
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting available at food court
  • All other options same as Yacht & Beach Club; place order through Art of Animation at 407-938-3686 for delivery to food court or your room

Bay Lake Tower* 407-824-2955 or wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com
See Contemporary Resort for options.

Beach Club* 407-934-3105
See Yacht & Beach Club for options.

BoardWalk Inn* 407-939-5175
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and chocolate buttercream frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Screen print costs $30
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested on one-tier minicakes. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

Caribbean Beach* 407-934-2830
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Shutters at Old Port Royale at 407-934-2830. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Contemporary Resort* 407-824-2955 or wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com
  • 8-inch $40, same options
  • Screen print costs $15
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be applied over one-tier mini cakes. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

Coronado Springs 407-827-2253
Cake flavors are chocolate with chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hours' notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Cake sizes are
  • 4-person $20 square cake
  • 8-person $30 rectangular cake
  • 10-person $40 round cake
  • 1216-person $50 rectangular cake

Disney Springs
There are no Disney-owned restaurants at Disney Springs so you cannot order a Disney-made cake to be delivered there. There are several options for picking up cakes, cupcakes and other sweet treats:
Alternatively, you may contact each restaurant individually to see if it offers any kind of special dessert or cake. Here are options at some of the most popular restaurants:

The Boathouse — Cakes not available.

Fulton's Crab House — 407-934-2628

Only option is an all-chocolate cake that feeds 8 people for $49. No fancy, fondant-covered cakes and no screen prints, but they can write on the cake. At least 48 hours' notice required. No cake-cutting fee if you bring your own cake.

Portobello — 407-934-8888

No fancy, fondant-covered cakes and no screen prints, but they can write on the cake.

• Cake flavors: Yellow, chocolate, marble
  • Filling flavors: Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry
  • Frosting flavors: Whipped cream, vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream
  • 9-inch cake: $45, serves 4–8
  • Half sheet cake: $85, serves 16–25
  • Full sheet cake: $150, serves 24–54
  • Chocolate Paradiso Cake: All-chocolate cake; $65, feeds 8–16
Raglan Road — 407-938-0300

Cakes come in two sizes: 10-inch round (12 slices) or half sheet cake (12" x 16", 25-30 slices). 48 hours' to 1 week's notice required. No fancy fondant cakes and no screen prints.

• Layered Baileys & Chocolate cake: Layers of chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse and chocolate buttercream covered in a chocolate mirror icing. $65 for 10-inch round, $110 for half sheet cake.
  • Dunbrody Chocolate Kiss: Chocolate mousse cake with a chocolate biscuit based covered in a dark chocolate ganache. $60 for 10-inch round, $100 for half sheet cake.
  • Victoria Sponge Cake: Classic sponge cake with fresh strawberries and Chantilly cream. $55 for 10-inch round, $95 for half sheet cake.
  • Wild Berry Pavlova Cake: Triple-layered meringue with wild berries, fruit compote and fresh whipped cream. $45 for 10-inch round, $75 for half sheet cake.
  • Arctic Roll: Vanilla ice cream wrapped in chocolate sponge covered in toasted meringue. $55 for 10-inch round, $95 for half sheet cake.
Wolfgang Puck — 407-938-9653

No fancy, fondant-covered cakes and no screen prints, but they can write on the cake. 48-hours' notice required.

• Cake flavors: Carrot, yellow, chocolate, marble
  • Filling flavors: Chocolate, strawberry
  • Frosting flavors: Whipped cream, cream cheese, chocolate ganache, meringue
  • 8-inch cake: $35, serves 4–8
  • 10-inch round: $48, serves 8–12
  • Half sheet cake: $75, serves 16–25
  • Full sheet cake: $150, serves 24–54

Epcot* 407-560-6395
For standard cakes, the following information is only for restaurants in the Canada, UK, Germany, America and Norway pavilions, plus Future World.
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting; no writing or screen pritns will fit on a 6-inch cake
  • 8-inch $40 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting; personalization and character screen prints available
  • 10-inch $54 cake, same options as 8-inch
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $62 for an 8-inch cake. Available cake flavors are chocolate, vanilla, marble and red velvet. Available filling flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, fruit mousse (strawberry). Available frosting flavors are vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, dark chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache.
  • Mini cakes start at $25.

White Chocolate Figures Available for $25 Each:
  • Belle
  • Cinderella
  • Snow White
  • Tinkerbell
  • Minnie
  • Mickey
  • Donald
  • Goofy
  • Stitch

Again, Epcot's Food and Beverage department only services restaurants in the Canada, UK, Germany, America and Norway pavilions, plus Future World. Standard cake options at Epcot restaurants supplied by an outside vendor are detailed below. If you don't see the restaurant you are looking for, that means it's serviced by Epcot and the information above applies.

Epcot Restaurants Serviced by Outside Vendors

Bistro de Paris & Chefs de France 407-827-5032, ext. 110
  • 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla; frosting is buttercream.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 cake with same options as 6-inch
  • $2 charge for character or custom screen print of photo you submit

Nine Dragons 407-827-8781, ext. 14
  • 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print

Restaurant Marrakesh 407-827-5322, ext. 16
  • 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $48 cake, same options as 6-inch

San Angel Inn & La Hacienda de San Angel 407-842-1107
  • 6-inch $21 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $32 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $45 cake, same options
  • No charge for inscription or character screen print

Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining 407-827-8773
  • 6-inch $23 cake in any combination of chocolate and/or vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake, same options
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options
  • $5 charge for inscription or character screen print

Tutto Italia & Via Napoli 407-560-8040
  • 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options as 8-inch

Fort Wilderness Resort* 407-824-2090
  • Buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate mousse, or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by Private Dining at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Grand Floridian Resort* 407-824-1951 or 407-824-2474
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting ($28 at Victoria & Albert's; flavors same as 8-inch cake)
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream frosting or chocolate cake with dark chocolate filling and chocolate buttercream frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse, custard with strawberries, strawberry mousse or raspberry mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mini cake with white chocolate castle topper comes in chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse, yellow cake with white chocolate mousse or cheesecake for $30; other styles of one- and two-tier mini cakes are available at $35 and up and serve two
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors are available

Hollywood Studios 407-827-2253
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54, same options as 8-inch
  • Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger for $15
  • It may be possible to get a fancy, fondant-covered cake by calling the Brown Derby's Group Reservations line at 407-560-5377.

Magic Kingdom* 407-827-2253 or magickingdomcakes@Disney.com
  • Screen print costs $15
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15 and can only be served at Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and start at $75 for 6-inch cakes.
  • Mini-cakes cost $35 and serve 1–2. Options are chocolate or vanilla cake (red velvet available for $5 more), with chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting. Filling choices are chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting, dark chocolate mousse, or white chocolate mousse. Standard decoration choices are Mickey ears, Princess Minnie ears or flowers, and they can do inscriptions of up to four words.

Old Key West* 407-827-1818
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Olivia's by calling 407-827-1818. Cake can be delivered to room or to restaurant.

Polynesian Village Resort* 407-824-2165
  • 10-inch $54 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Pop Century Resort* 407-938-3070
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order through Pop Century at 407-938-3070 for delivery to food court

Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside* 407-934-5824
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Port Orleans at 407-934-5824 and pick up cake at food court or restaurant.

Saratoga Springs Resort* 407-827-4005
See BoardWalk Inn for options. Place order through Saratoga Springs at 407-827-4005 and pick up cake at The Artist's Palette.

Wilderness Lodge* 407-824-2090
  • Buttercream-covered mini cakes start at $35. For fondant, see below.
  • No 8-inch cakes
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, yellow, or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate mousse, or raspberry; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, whipped cream, or chocolate ganache
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $52 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes can be ordered at the number above but are made by Private Dining at the Contemporary; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $35 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Yacht & Beach Club* 407-934-3105
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla or chocolate cake with white chocolate or dark chocolate filling and buttercream frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be adhered over the frosting on a one-tier mini cake. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $35

*Fancy, fondant-covered cakes available

Last edited:
On our son's (12th) birthday, we're having dinner at his favorite restaurant - Via Napoli. It appears they have about the worst cake selection of any restaurant on property. All very plain cakes, generic-type cakes. Do they allow you to bring a cake in yourself? If we decided to go through the trouble, could we order one from Boardwalk Inn, then duck out the International Gateway to pick it up right before dinner and come back and bring it with us to Via Napoli?

Yes, that's what I usually suggest for Epcot restaurants that aren't serviced by Epcot's pastry team. :thumbsup2

We were planning on dinner at 'Ohana for our vow renewal meal however due to the new menu changes we will have to find somewhere else as the chicken was all I could eat :( So now I'm in the position of having to find somewhere else that uses the grand floridan bakery as I am hoping to deal with Pat to sort our cake. Is there a list of restaurants that use GF bakery anywhere? Thank you :D

The list is in Post # 1 under "Where can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake?" but I can tell you the Grand Floridian pastry team only services the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the mini castle cakes cost? I saw prices listed for the two tier mini cake but not the mini castle cake. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knows what the mini castle cakes cost? I saw prices listed for the two tier mini cake but not the mini castle cake. Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering how much that beautiful mini fondant decorated cake on the last thread was too?

Thanks

I ordered a Peter Pan themed cake to be delivered to Garden Grill on 2/7/14. I spoke and emailed with Theresa of Epcot Food and Beverage. We were a party of 11 (7 adults and 4 children). We have ordered fancy fondant cakes in the past from both GF and Boardwalk Bakery and my parents wanted a cake this time since they've heard so much about them :)

8" vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and blue buttercream frosting. Decorations were a 2D white chocolate picture, treasure chest filled with gold, graham sand, a "map" and flowers. $95 not inc tax and gratuity. She gave me a breakdown of the cake (cake $35.00, 2D picture $30 and rest of decorations $30). The cake was delicious and the chocolate "gold" in the treasure chest was the yummiest dark chocolate!
I apologize for the picture quality but you get the idea

They're $25 (but possibly going up at the end of April…).

I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering how much that beautiful mini fondant decorated cake on the last thread was too?

Thanks

It depends on the level of decoration—figure on at least $30. I had a similar one with pumpkins and vines that was about $45.

8" vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling and blue buttercream frosting. Decorations were a 2D white chocolate picture, treasure chest filled with gold, graham sand, a "map" and flowers. $95 not inc tax and gratuity. She gave me a breakdown of the cake (cake $35.00, 2D picture $30 and rest of decorations $30). The cake was delicious and the chocolate "gold" in the treasure chest was the yummiest dark chocolate!
I apologize for the picture quality but you get the

Wow! That's the most elaborate cake I've seen come out of Epcot yet!

I know I saw this somewhere but if I was quoted a price of 120.00 for a cake at BoG. Is there a delivery fee? Taxes are 7% right? Trying to make sure I put enough on the gift card to cover everything.

Thanks

I just placed an order for a Jedi Mickey Cake for my son's 10th birthday at Mama Melrose during Star Wars Weekend. I'm so excited that they were able to do a Star Wars themed cake. She told me it would be $50.00 and I paid when we arrived. It was an 8" cake vanilla with chocolate buttercream icing and filling.

I'm so excited I just had to share!

Thanks,
Allison

Thanks lurkyloo for your dedication to all things cake!

If I have a cake for May 19th, and one for May 20th, and I ordered them probably 60 days in advance. When should i comfirm, and then how often would you recommend to keep confirming to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

And I guess since the 2nd is a surprise, and I won't be there, I'll have to call the Poly the day of, and hope somehow I can remind them who the cake goes to :rotfl:

I just placed an order for a Jedi Mickey Cake for my son's 10th birthday at Mama Melrose during Star Wars Weekend. I'm so excited that they were able to do a Star Wars themed cake. She told me it would be $50.00 and I paid when we arrived. It was an 8" cake vanilla with chocolate buttercream icing and filling.

I'm so excited I just had to share!

Thanks,
Allison

Please post pics after you get the cake if you can! I'd be interested to see that one.

I know I saw this somewhere but if I was quoted a price of 120.00 for a cake at BoG. Is there a delivery fee? Taxes are 7% right? Trying to make sure I put enough on the gift card to cover everything.

Thanks

Tax is 6.5% everywhere on property but the All-Star Resorts, which are located in a different county that has 7% tax. There is no delivery fee.

If I have a cake for May 19th, and one for May 20th, and I ordered them probably 60 days in advance. When should i comfirm, and then how often would you recommend to keep confirming to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

I always check in about 3 days beforehand just to make sure. That way you're close enough that your cake is at the top of their to do list and far enough that they can still start a new order if they've lost yours.

So my sister and her boyfriend are coming with us on our summer Disney trip this year :-)offtopic: - i think this is only the boyfriends 2nd time going to Disney and the first was when he was like 7 so that needed to be fixed straight away) and they are both graduating from university as well this summer so I thought it would be nice to get a special graduation cake for when we're out there. Problem is, I have no idea where to start.

I've only seen one specific graduation cake that I really like (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32518544&postcount=40) so I really don't know what to do for them. Also, as I'd be paying myself, it would probably be a budget of $100.

Does anyone have any ideas or know how to contact someone with ideas?

Very much appreciated :thumbsup2
Thankssssss

The list is in Post # 1 under "Where can I get a fancy, fondant-covered cake or a mini cake?" but I can tell you the Grand Floridian pastry team only services the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian.

Whoops! Teach me for posting without reading properly first. Thank you for the reply and for all your cake help!! Xxxxxx

Has anyone ordered a simple Haunted Mansion cake lately or a Soccer themed cake? If so can you post a picture and the approx. cost please?

Just marking my place - love these threads! Hoping my family gets me something fun when we go in June - I'll be celebrating my 40th!

I have a quick question. I was looking through cake pictures and noticed there was two different Mickey head cakes. One with the chocolate ganache then another one with buttercream piped on. For any that has ordered the buttercream one did you specifically say butter cream face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts