Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a surprise cake coming to my parents when they are at the Poly Luau. I will be at CRT w/ my DW and DD. My plan was to call the Poly Luau hostess right around their meal and make sure they knew to deliver the cake.

I was told on another thread that there is no phone number to call them directly. Any advice on what I should do?

I guess I could give my parents a note that they shouldn't open until after their dinner, and then if they haven't gotten the cake, they'd know they are supposed to get one, but that would ruin the surprise.

Any ideas?

Thank you all for this post I was able to order a Cinderella Slipper Dessert for my daughter for our Garden View tea visit in May! We are so excited :) to go and this will be a HUGE surprise for her! Its one of the things she remembers from her 1st visit 6 years ago!!!! It kills me trying to keep it a secret from her :)

With there only being 3 of us, for our combined special occasions, birthday and anniversary, it would have to be a miniature cake. Other than miniature tiered wedding themed cakes, I haven't really seen any character or celebratory ones. Have any of you had a miniature done for a celebration other than wedding white? I'd love to see photos for ideas. Thanks !

Our is shown here on the Part III Thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48328022#post48328022

heres my cake for my 26 birthday last March. We ate at Kona. I don't remember the price.
i asked for Cinderella blue and the castle changed colors

ry%3D480

Cinderella Blue mini castle cake with color changing castle. Had it sent to Kona with no problems. don't remember the price.

Thanks Lurkyloo, Aliceandariel,jad215,Beida for your cake photos and info! They all turned out great, and it's nice to see some small ones. I'm coming up with some ideas.......!

So I have a surprise cake coming to my parents when they are at the Poly Luau. I will be at CRT w/ my DW and DD. My plan was to call the Poly Luau hostess right around their meal and make sure they knew to deliver the cake.

I was told on another thread that there is no phone number to call them directly. Any advice on what I should do?

You could try calling Private Dining at the Poly to see if they got the cake and sent it out to the luau. That's a tricky one...

I've posted these in previous threads, but here are the mini cakes I've ordered that aren't white. I just asked them to copy designs I'd found online or, in the case of the second one, our wedding cake.

file-2.jpg

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Lurkyloo. Do you roughly remember what this one ran you? And is that fondant with buttercream flowers, or just all buttercream?

Has anyone ordered a Kermit cake? We are going for Ds's graduation and that is his favorite character. :)
Thanks!
Kari

PS We're staying at the contemporary and AKL.

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Lurkyloo. Do you roughly remember what this one ran you? And is that fondant with buttercream flowers, or just all buttercream?

It was allllll buttercream! It cost $35 ($46 with tax and room service charge) at the Contemporary.

We are calling this upcoming trip in May our "Let them eat cake" trip. The reason is that my daughter is turning 16 and I asked her if she wanted to get her temps and help with some of the driving. She said no, she wants to be chauffeured and eat cake. It made us laugh and became a thing. Anyway, I ordered two more cakes! (total of three, one is for our 20th anniversary)

I ordered one of the non-Disney supplied cakes to be served at San Angel Inn for dinner on her birthday. I ordered the 6" vanilla with an Anna and Elsa character screen print and Happy Birthday inscription and was quoted $21. I also ordered a mini wedding cake with vanilla cake, strawberry mousse filling, all butter cream frosting in purple with green mickey heads pipped on (purple and green are her colors) and chocolate mickey ears for the top and a birthday inscription. We are having it delivered to our room at AoA and was quoted $47. I am looking forward to seeing what they all look like and taste like and of course, sharing photos. 24 days to go!

It was allllll buttercream! It cost $35 ($46 with tax and room service charge) at the Contemporary.

Perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for on my next cake. The fondant is always cute, but it's such a pain to peel off the cake, and robs you of so much buttercream icing. Thank you!

I love to eat the fondant lol. I don't eat too much but I like. Anyone with me, who likes to eat fondant :)

We are back and I have pictures of our cakes!

Place: Chef Mickeys
Description: 2 mini cakes with 2d image edible Olaf
Cost: $35 cake + $15 Olaf. Total $50 x 2

884d8a2197b7a418852834129e13fd17_zpsdee7ddd3.jpg

57f1faca24b8c76307cb8e7442f42c5f_zps0cf7372d.jpg

68d3466a3d06fcabb789e3fc6be3a3b4_zps2dd5427c.jpg

0165ac68e0edec1a3aa92200ab36aba2_zpsd2d51509.jpg

These cakes were tasty and super moist. I thought they were pricey for what we got, though (my fault for adding the Olaf image especially since my girls couldn't save it and felt bad eating it!). One thing that was super annoying was after our buzzer went off and we went to the counter, the ladies all commented that they saw the cakes and they look awesome, they'd like a piece, etc. I was dead quiet as it was obviously a surprise for my girls. I was really disappointed that the ladies didn't suspect it might be a surprise.....

I also had a 6-inch cake delivered to our room at Poly CL. I asked for a theme of the Castle and let them do the rest. We thought the presentation was fabulous -- decorations were very detailed. I will say it was way too much cake for our family of 4, but we were also staying CL so we had dessert options in the lounge each night too. This cake was not as moist as the Chef Mickeys cakes, but still tasty. The best part was the attention to detail. Cost was $88 that was charged to my credit card when I ordered over the phone. Then there was an additional charge of $21.87 on my room charge, which I assume was for delivery fees.

3bd939e9ee2b8f094fb57bd4b1aca813_zps9fb4d1cf.jpg

cad9b08024a010bb786c1f90869f22e0_zps7420f568.jpg

a97e75899c71173070af247400310be0_zps19b6522e.jpg

ec46f25e4fc5a1fa361f6689e49375c6_zpseb7fe864.jpg

We are back and I have pictures of our cakes! Place: chef mickeys Description: 2 mini cakes with 2d image edible Olaf Cost: $35 cake + $15 Olaf. Total $50 x 2 [/IMG] Testing posting pics so give me a few minutes

That is super cute!

That is super cute!

Thanks -- they all turned out really nice. I just finished editing my post, so hopefully all pictures show up now. I added our other cake that we had delivered to our room at Poly....

Thanks -- they all turned out really nice. I just finished editing my post, so hopefully all pictures show up now. I added our other cake that we had delivered to our room at Poly....

They both turned out gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter