Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and the only place that seems to offer the buttercream one is the Contemporary.

Yay! Thanks for posting! I've been waiting to see pix of Frozen themed cakes. May I ask the approximate cost....$160ish? We have Chef M booked for our twins' bday and are looking for Frozen cake ideas.... I emailed with CR bakery and got a quote for $50 per mini cake for Olaf theme 2D image and I've been hesitating as that would be $100 + tax & tip I assume, for not much cake.

TJA asked me that in the last thread, didn't get to reply due to it being locked- the Frozen cake was $65 + tax and tip for an 8 inch cake. Hope that helps :)

A quick question, anyone knows why a Pooh cake is not possible? My youngest is crazy about Pooh and was thinking of having one made for our birthday dinner at CP.

A quick question, anyone knows why a Pooh cake is not possible? My youngest is crazy about Pooh and was thinking of having one made for our birthday dinner at CP.

It usually has to do with a licensing issue- I don't get why, it's one of those confusing things about Disney when nothing makes sense.

There was another type of cake someone mentioned they wanted, only to call and ask and was told they couldn't because of licensing, yet it was a Disney character. It was… strange.

Quick Edit: That being said, if you wanted a Pooh cake, here's an idea to consider?

Call and order a cake with 'Hundred Acre' theming (forest, honeypot, etc. be creative!), and bring your own Pooh figures. You can have them placed on the cake prior to it arriving at the table, and you get both a cake at CP with exactly what you wanted. :)

Quick Edit: That being said, if you wanted a Pooh cake, here's an idea to consider?

Call and order a cake with 'Hundred Acre' theming (forest, honeypot, etc. be creative!), and bring your own Pooh figures. You can have them placed on the cake prior to it arriving at the table, and you get both a cake at CP with exactly what you wanted. :)

Great idea!!! Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep my eyes opened for Pooh figurines to add to a Hundred Acres themed cake. I hope the bakery will agree to do it! If I go ahead with it I will come and post pics of the cake.

Another quick question. I've never ordered a cake at WDW. I found some cute Wreck It Ralph themed paper cake plates. Would it be weird if I brought them to the meal and served the cake on them?

Another quick question. I've never ordered a cake at WDW. I found some cute Wreck It Ralph themed paper cake plates. Would it be weird if I brought them to the meal and served the cake on them?

Not weird at all.....Disney will provide you with dessert plates but if you want cute themed ones, go for it. We brought along a table cloth, plates and hats once.....picked up all our dishes a little at a time to put the tablecloth down (my friend's daughter, whose birthday it was, kept asking her mom about the cloth before they left home because "it's not my real birthday without it". It was a birthday fabric cloth her mom had used for every birthday, so it had to come with us, lol). Yeah, people looked at us a little funny, but so what, the light in her eyes was worth trying to figure out how to do it. It was her "real" birthday because of that cloth.

I spoke with the Contemporary bakery and went to order a mini wedding cake. I ordered yellow cake and asked for chocolate ganache center. She told me that I couldn't order it that the filling is "bakers choice" They are no longer doing special orders on the mini cakes. Luckily I had an email conversation with Donald Joiner and he said I could have the yellow cake, chocolate ganache with fondant. Royal blue Mickey heads piped on. I did get what I want but I'm not getting how it could be bakers choice, what happens if I don't like strawberries etc for the filling? At $45 a cake I would say minimize your choices but let someone make their own decision.

Great idea!!! Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep my eyes opened for Pooh figurines to add to a Hundred Acres themed cake. I hope the bakery will agree to do it! If I go ahead with it I will come and post pics of the cake.

No problem! Sometimes finding a 'fix' to a 'problem' is as easy as thinking a little outside the frosting. ;)

Yeah, that was cheesy.

But on another note, if you do go forward with the idea, I forgot to post this, too. These would probably be a great set of figurines for the cake! These figures I found just with an amazon search of 'winnie the pooh figurines'. Best of luck, and if you go with it, don't forget to post pictures!

After going thru the old threads I found a picture of a 3D Jedi Mickey Cake that even had my sons name on it LOL. I called back and got a really nice girl who gave me her email address and I sent her the pic. She said they could do that and deliver it to Mama Melrose for my sons birthday. I'm so excited.

I learned if you don't like the first answer you get call back later. You can tell how helpful someone is going to be by the way they answer the phone. I said I had the wrong number when one girl answered and didn't seem very happy. Glad I did. The girl who is helping me now is amazing!!!

After going thru the old threads I found a picture of a 3D Jedi Mickey Cake that even had my sons name on it LOL. I called back and got a really nice girl who gave me her email address and I sent her the pic. She said they could do that and deliver it to Mama Melrose for my sons birthday. I'm so excited.

I learned if you don't like the first answer you get call back later. You can tell how helpful someone is going to be by the way they answer the phone. I said I had the wrong number when one girl answered and didn't seem very happy. Glad I did. The girl who is helping me now is amazing!!!

Could you post the photo, or the link where you found it. This sounds so adorable! Was your original $50 cake for the 3D version or is that more expensive? Loving the idea of doing this for my girls.

And do you know which restaurants they'll deliver to? Any chance of getting this cake in EPCOT?

Could you post the photo, or the link where you found it. This sounds so adorable! Was your original $50 cake for the 3D version or is that more expensive? Loving the idea of doing this for my girls.

And do you know which restaurants they'll deliver to? Any chance of getting this cake in EPCOT?

Go to the first page of this thread and find the link to the very first Cake Thread. Click on that link then scroll down to the list of cakes and find Jedi Mickey. There are two links and two different versions. It is very similar to the cake the girl sent me. The 2D version is $50 - the 3D version is $150. This is a once in a lifetime trip for my son so I'm going to spend the extra money.

I can't post the pic on my phone be star the app doesn't have the option. Sorry!

I don't know where else they can deliver it. The old cake threads mention people saying Star Wars can only be done in Hollywood Studios but again I think it depends on who you talk too.

I work with insurance companies all day and I have found that if you don't like the answer just call back until you do. It works! It's sad but true!

There is another one too with Ethan on it. It is a little closer to the pic Disney sent me.

I'm hoping for a Jedi Mickey cake for my sons birthday this November but were planning on eating at chef mickeys and I'm not sure they will do it there...I'm gonna try though!!

With there only being 3 of us, for our combined special occasions, birthday and anniversary, it would have to be a miniature cake. Other than miniature tiered wedding themed cakes, I haven't really seen any character or celebratory ones. Have any of you had a miniature done for a celebration other than wedding white? I'd love to see photos for ideas. Thanks !

With there only being 3 of us, for our combined special occasions, birthday and anniversary, it would have to be a miniature cake. Other than miniature tiered wedding themed cakes, I haven't really seen any character or celebratory ones. Have any of you had a miniature done for a celebration other than wedding white? I'd love to see photos for ideas. Thanks !

Check out the cake-photos from the links a few posts up in the old threads. I've seen mini 2-tiered cakes done in simple white buttercream and mickey heads all over in red. It wasn't that much, either, definitely >$55 if memory serves me right.

Remember, you can order just about anything you can think of (within reason!) so it doesn't hurt to let your mind sort of wander on what you want. If you called and asked for a vanilla cake with blue icing on the outside, and rainbow colored cake on the inside, I'm sure they'd figure it out, and if not, they'd tell you they can't and you think of something else. :)

I've posted these in previous threads, but here are the mini cakes I've ordered that aren't white. I just asked them to copy designs I'd found online or, in the case of the second one, our wedding cake.

file-2.jpg

miniannivcake.jpg

PumpkinMiniCake002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter