• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official DIS-Bride & Groom/'Mooners Meet & Greet- ONLY 4 MONTHS-Get in on the FUN!

Raspberry Bubbles I think it would be really fun to come visit you in ENGLAND!!! if it weren't for the $$$ issue!!!

I'm with you Rasberry Bubbles, we may have to have a UK meet also, although I really loved the sound of Vegas *sigh*

Oh Oh...me too...me too!!!

Did I hear Vegas? That's super easy to fly to from Buffalo....

If I can get there...I'll be there!

Yeah :cheer2: I'm here!!

This is going to be very hard for me since I teach and we don't get to have many days off during off season times most places. I have a week for Spring Break in April and that's about it until the summer. Count us in, though. I'm not sure if DF would be soooo into the whole girly meet thing, but he's totally up for meeting new people and taking a vacation! We've just got to watch the $$ since the wedding is coming up soon.

How are we ever going to make a decision???

Charleston, SC is beautiful :thumbsup2

maybe we should just do a quick weekend type trip so people wont have to miss a lot or work? maybe at this meet we can plan a bigger/better/longer meet!

Last minute pricing for cruises are very cheap, especially if you aren't picky about the cruise line. Last minute can sort of work for a meet. You pick a date as usual, meet as scheduled and then see what kind of last minute prices come up (and have faith there'll be last minute deals available - they always exist). Disney cruises appear to be a lot more expensive than regular cruise lines.

I've never been on a cruise, but I'm planning to hop aboard one in Florida somewhere after my DFTW and a short Disneymoon. What I wrote above is the research I've done on them so far. I've seen 7-day cruise prices drop from $899 to $300 during last minute sales.

Las Vegas is very convenient for travel. There are always airfare deals and hotels are even cheaper. If you're used to Disney-priced hotels, you can live in nicer Vegas rooms than the All-Stars resorts for less money, complete with marble bathrooms, his/her sinks and soaker tubs. Everyone will have fun, but it's a fast-paced fun. All the DHs will have lots to do.

Raspberry Bubbles I think it would be really fun to come visit you in ENGLAND!!! if it weren't for the $$$ issue!!!

Aww - thank you! If only I were rich, I'd come over and see you all!

Summer-Caitlin, yes, we'll have to have our own England meet, ha ha, although Vegas did sound fun - oh well...... At least I get to come over for my planning so mabe some people will be around then! :)

A meet sounds like fun. Are we talking just the girls or with our significant others too? I don't know if my DF would go because he thinks there is something wrong with me talking on these forums. If he did go he would probably golf the whole time.

If we do a meet in Disney, October is a good time because its value season and its the food and wine festival.

Malibelle-- your sig other can golf with my DH!! My DH LOVES Golf-- bought me brand new clubs and shoes last year... lol I think i tried them out once. Now they just sit in the trunk of my car...

I really like the idea of Charleston, but if I came I would bring DH.... I cant leave him at home-- and though he thinks these boards are a little hoaky (BTW- Why do nearly ALL the mean think that??).... he doesnt mind meeting fresh faces and hes pretty easy about striking up conversation with strangers. Hes a people person.

i have always wanted to visit charleston.......but DF would have to come along for that.....we planned on going there together someday. :goodvibes

Malibelle-- your sig other can golf with my DH!! My DH LOVES Golf-- bought me brand new clubs and shoes last year... lol I think i tried them out once. Now they just sit in the trunk of my car...

My DF loves to golf too (though he is not very good :sad2: ), so if we brought the men, they could do that! Or, it could be optional to bring your DF/ DH...

What time of the year are we thinking of getting together? :confused3

I agree with it being optional-- that way it doesnt limit one person in any way... and if the men come-- I say the guys can go golf or do something macho. Shane (DH) goes golfing by himself sometimes so he's used to partnering up with people he doesnt know (I think its part of the golf sport-- like an unspoken courtesy or something).

As for time of year... hmm. Maybe a weekend over the summer? That way the teachers (karen) can come.... or over a break or something. Hmm.. :confused3 What does everyone else think would be a good time?

Joe loves to golf, also...and wouldn't mind meeting some new people to hang out with.

I personally am in favor of a weekend-type trip. I would love to do something longer, like a cruise, but being in school would make taking that much time out pretty much impossible, depending on the season. Maybe we could do a short trip sometime soon, and plan a longer one for later (which gives more time to save up and make plans?) Just a thought....I just want to meet everybody!

Charleston sounds really nice---I've been there several times (my family owns a beach cottage a few hours north of there--and I love it! ;) The only negative with summer is the heat. But it's not too bad at the beginning/end of the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter