Official DIS-Bride & Groom/'Mooners Meet & Greet- ONLY 4 MONTHS-Get in on the FUN!

Maggimus

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Official DIS-Bride & Groom /Disney Mooners Meet & Greet Thread...:grouphug:

Let's share all of our idea's for a Meet & Greet....
-Time: October 5-8 (Friday- Monday or anytime in between that you can make it)
-Plans: Women- Shopping, Men- Golfing and activities together
-etc....

Everyone's welcome to attend!! The more the merrier (All credit be given to Karen's thread (SRUAlmn) & Heather's great idea (Heatherlynn444).

DIS'ers joining in on the meet: (If your name isnt in bold we need to hear from you- the more the merrier! Get your name added to the list. Let us know you are interested in coming!)

BOLD- means you have confirmed you are going
If your name is listed below and isn't in bold-- you have showed interest in this meet but haven't confirmed!

afinter1
beckyb29 + DH, Friday - Sunday, 1 room
Belle83007 +DH- will know after wedding in August
ChocolateMouse
CinderellaFan + DH. Friday - Sunday, 1 room
dannirose
DisneyBridetoBe08
DisneyFairy19 + DF
DVCGirl49
ellej
ExCPKate
Gradar1
happylalagirl + DH +2, Friday-Monday, 1 room
hulagirl87
jasnal
JJClemson + DF, Friday-Sunday, 1 room
little tinkerbell
Maggimus + DH, Friday-Sunday, 1 room
Malibelle
myprincessgirllisa
PrincessDisneyBelle
Rasberry Bubbles
seaprincess + DH
shaylih + DF, Friday-Sunday, 1 room
SRUAlmn + DF, Friday-Monday, no room
StephSFL
sunsh1ne
tiggerific04
TinkBride
TinkerBabe1010

Men going to play golf: (we would like as many to join as possible!!)
Beckyb29's DH
CinderellaFan's DH
Happylalagirl's DH
JJClemson's DF
Maggimus' DH
seaprincess' DH
SRUAlmn's DF
shaylih's DF

All the men who dont play golf can get together too-- or even join us it doesnt matter.

Absolutely-- I meant brides here on the DisBoard (which absolutely includes you!)-- but I think it didn't come across that way so I changed it. YAY... now for planning. Any ideas?

I wish I had added a poll on my first thread.... we could have used it to make easy decisions. Although I think once the first thread has been posted its too late to add a poll.

First major decision....

A girls only meet?
Or do we bring the men along?

Decisions, Decisions.... (love to hear from everyone!)

My Pro's for bringing DH along...
1) I hate leaving DH at home alone
2) I dont know if DH would like me travelling far without him
3) It could be like a mini vacation for all

My Con's for bringing DH along...
1) Men arent interested in things like this
I'm sure there are more...

i posted this on the other thread but I know my DH would think it was a "girly disney thing" and wouldnt be interested in the slightest. just not his thing!

Count me in & depending on where it is would depend on whether Charles would want to come too (sometimes he's just happy to have to apt to himself lol)

I do not want to be a head decision maker in any way. I started this thread just so that we can all make decisions-- so someone feel free to finalize a decision at any time. I do think it is a good idea for everyone to post their individual feelings on everything.

On Karen's thread I mentioned my state as a possible location (not because it's close-- i dont mind to travel at all-- but I do live in a decent location).

I live in the Smoky Mountains of TN... which is somewhat centralized for those in the surrounding states. It is also a fun spot in tn, very romantic. Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge has a lot to offer... not only the mountains, but Dollywood, shopping, etc.

This is ONLY an idea to drop out there. Please let's not let this be the only one...

I would love use this as a mini-vacation time as well-- so going out of state or area is not a problem for me at all.

Count me in!!! This sounds like fun!!! (I dont know if my DF would be able to come b/c he is still in vet school)

theres lots of good places. smoky mountains, memphis, atlanta, new orleans, or heck we could go to the beach like destin or somewhere (just throwing out suggestions!)

Yay!! A Dis meet!! :) Count me in! Anywhere is fine with me (yeah, I know, I'm really helpful!). Great idea, everybody!

Depending on dates and location I am totally in!

I like the idea of the southern states, and Maggs you know I am totally with you for the GB idea! I love going there for vacays to relax! I alternate Disney and GB! :rotfl: ( No I am not a loser, i do go elsewhere. :thumbsup2 )

A three or four day cruise could be fun and they are pretty decent price wise.

Just a suggestion!

OMG! What a wonderful idea!!! I want to go! I want to go! :goodvibes

Well, here's a crazy idea... but what if we organized a trip to DISNEY WORLD?!?! It's def. not the cheapest plan, but it would def. be a vacation, and if we organized it enough in advance we could plan cool stuff like grand gatherings, etc. We could all try and stay at one hotel (we could do a value so it would be the most affordable), and we could do DDP, or DDE, or whatever. If we included DH/DFs we could do girl things and boy things (like different outings)-- it might be really cool. That way we could have girl time and the boys could have guy time and talk about how crazy their DF and DWs are! Or, if we decided to just make it a girls thing we could have roommates so it would be cheaper. And we could go off season to get the best values. :idea:

I'm also fine with it being anywhere else, but just thought disney would be a cool idea, because hey, that is what brought us all together and how cool would it be to be walking through the parks with a BUNCH of disney brides/honeymooners!!! :cheer2:

I mean, we could plan this way in advance-- like a year or more so that we could really plan it out and look for the best values (and save up money for the trip!). :thumbsup2

What do you guys think??? :grouphug:

We could even do a cruiseship or disney does host conventions, we could get a ballroom together

endless possibilities

i think off season would be best to avoid to much $$ and people

just a thought
:cool2:

Hey any excuse to go back to WDW sounds great to me!!! I really dont mind where we go. I think it will be really fun to meet everybody!!

Maybe if we talk to the right people we could be considered a group and get a group discount at WDW???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter