Official DIS-Bride & Groom/'Mooners Meet & Greet- ONLY 4 MONTHS-Get in on the FUN!

It was an AP rate... It was really great. Have you ever stayed at the WL before?

This is so neat!

No, we've never stayed there and REALLY want to! We were going to stay there for our planning session, but it was booked for December by Aug of last year :eek: We always go to the WL though b/c we LOVE Artist Point, and we always say "we'll stay here next time". If they come out w/ that kind of AP rate again, I couldn't imagine not going! Do you remember when they came out w/ that rate?

I wanna go to WDW in September too :(

We are definitely going to try to get the most out of our APs, so we are thinking about going in early August (if they do free dining) or over Labor Day weekend. We don't get any more days off after that until Thanksgiving :(

As for the AP rates, I'm waiting to see if any July rates come out so I can see if it's cheaper than our wedding rate (then we can add the dining plan.) They aren't out yet, but should be in the next 2 weeks, and I think the summer rates come out as a clump, so I'm guessing Sept rates wouldn't be out until April or May?

We are definitely going to try to get the most out of our APs, so we are thinking about going in early August (if they do free dining) or over Labor Day weekend. We don't get any more days off after that until Thanksgiving :(

As for the AP rates, I'm waiting to see if any July rates come out so I can see if it's cheaper than our wedding rate (then we can add the dining plan.) They aren't out yet, but should be in the next 2 weeks, and I think the summer rates come out as a clump, so I'm guessing Sept rates wouldn't be out until April or May?

We were originally going to go over Labor Day weekend, but DF has a bike race we have to go to :rolleyes: I cannot believe the AP rates don't come out for that long! I guess I'll be sitting here, waiting patiently :rolleyes1

Karen - even with an AP rate, you can't add the DDP if you don't purchase a package (for example, you would still have to purchase 2 1-day tickets on your package to be able to have the Dining Plan... ). So, even if the room rate IS cheaper, you will have to factor in the price of the tickets....

Does that make sense??

As for APs, BG and I will definately get our use out of them. We puchased them in July of 06, and we will have 5 trips on those tickets. We also plan on renewing them, and we have 2 trips planned on those. If you go a lot, they are a great deal... :yay:

No, we've never stayed there and REALLY want to! We were going to stay there for our planning session, but it was booked for December by Aug of last year :eek: We always go to the WL though b/c we LOVE Artist Point, and we always say "we'll stay here next time". If they come out w/ that kind of AP rate again, I couldn't imagine not going! Do you remember when they came out w/ that rate?

Last summer, we came home from Disney in July. We weren't home for 2 weeks when we booked our trip for Labor Day...;)

We were trying to go for "cheap" (for B.G. that means NOT staying at the GF :rotfl: ) so, we decided to try the WL. It was so much fun!! I loved the leather sofas and chairs in the lobby. The view was amazing and we had a room that overlooked the lobby. It was in a great location - well, it was in a great location AFTER we realized we didn't have to walk 10 miles to get to an elevator!! ;) Also, it is in close proximity to the MK. Granted, there wasn't the Monorail, which we are used to, but we figured out how to manuever our days on the busses and boats.

All in all - the WL is a resort we are returning to! Which is something I can't say for some of the other WDW resorts......;)

Last summer, we came home from Disney in July. We weren't home for 2 weeks when we booked our trip for Labor Day...;)

We were trying to go for "cheap" (for B.G. that means NOT staying at the GF :rotfl: ) so, we decided to try the WL. It was so much fun!! I loved the leather sofas and chairs in the lobby. The view was amazing and we had a room that overlooked the lobby. It was in a great location - well, it was in a great location AFTER we realized we didn't have to walk 10 miles to get to an elevator!! ;) Also, it is in close proximity to the MK. Granted, there wasn't the Monorail, which we are used to, but we figured out how to manuever our days on the busses and boats.

All in all - the WL is a resort we are returning to! Which is something I can't say for some of the other WDW resorts......;)

I am right there with you Angela--

I am in no way, shape, or form overly spoiled-- but some of disneys hotels have gone downhill. We stayed at the WL for our wedding/honeymoon (which was only a trip of many we have stayed there).

Karen - even with an AP rate, you can't add the DDP if you don't purchase a package (for example, you would still have to purchase 2 1-day tickets on your package to be able to have the Dining Plan... ). So, even if the room rate IS cheaper, you will have to factor in the price of the tickets....

Does that make sense??

Yep! Makes total sense :) We have already figured it all out and factored the 2 tickets into the cost. We had determined that even with what we're paying now, we would spend less money on food to get the DDP + tickets, than to just keep it as is and use the DDE when we can. That means if we get an AP rate that's less, we should be in good shape. Thanks for the help!

[/QUOTE]
Yep! Makes total sense :) We have already figured it all out and factored the 2 tickets into the cost. We had determined that even with what we're paying now, we would spend less money on food to get the DDP + tickets, than to just keep it as is and use the DDE when we can. That means if we get an AP rate that's less, we should be in good shape. Thanks for the help!

Karen go to WDW over Labor day weekend I will be getting married on Aug 30th the thurs b4 labor day, you can come to my wedding:banana: :banana: :banana:

ok so i just read the past few posts on this thread and all i have to say is why dont you all come to disney during labor day weekend and all come to my wedding :rotfl: i would be soo excited, you guys would probably have more fun there than the ppl i am actually having:lmao:

by the way, where do you go to check out the special discounts on room rates for the AP holders:confused: i know it is probably right under my nose somewhere:rotfl: and do they ever have discounted rooms for the contemporary??? like karen said if i could get a good AP rate on my room then it would be worth me buying 2 1day tickets to get the dining plan because we will be there for about 17days:goodvibes We have always saved a ton of $$$ on the dining plan;)

by the way, where do you go to check out the special discounts on room rates for the AP holders:confused: i know it is probably right under my nose somewhere:rotfl: and do they ever have discounted rooms for the contemporary??? like karen said if i could get a good AP rate on my room then it would be worth me buying 2 1day tickets to get the dining plan because we will be there for about 17days:goodvibes We have always saved a ton of $$$ on the dining plan;)

To check the AP rates, you go to www.disneyworld.com and click on "Passholders" on the upper right hand corner. Type in your name and number on your AP, then go to the "Special Rates" section. :)

However, the reates haven't come out yet for any time after March 30. It might be a couple more weeks before anyother dates even come out....:confused:

Thats great! You are like me, anything to help save a little bit more $$$!! :rotfl:

I am right there with you Angela--

I am in no way, shape, or form overly spoiled-- but some of disneys hotels have gone downhill. We stayed at the WL for our wedding/honeymoon (which was only a trip of many we have stayed there).

I really liked the WL - and can't wait to go back there.

I have stayed in about 9 of the WDW resorts, and about 4 of them are resorts I will never stay at again! :scared1:

Now, BG - his heart truly belongs to the GF.... and RPC, nonetheless..... He is so spoiled! :lmao: Of course it is my fault - I allowed it to happen!

I really liked the WL - and can't wait to go back there.

I have stayed in about 9 of the WDW resorts, and about 4 of them are resorts I will never stay at again! :scared1:

Now, BG - his heart truly belongs to the GF.... and RPC, nonetheless..... He is so spoiled! :lmao: Of course it is my fault - I allowed it to happen!

My main issue with some of them was cleanliness. And some of the rooms were beyond repair-- and thats sad to say!

Okay people, my brain is not working and I am stumped...........what is RPC? :rotfl2:

Cheese and rice! :rotfl2:

Duh Emily! :headache:

Wow, I am actually starting to lose it! I just need to see mickey and all will be fine! :goodvibes

Belle83007: If you don't have your AP yet (and can't access the AP section of Disney's site), you can find out the current AP room discount amounts on www.mousesavers.com. Disney just released discounts through June.

Cinderella Fan & Maggimus: Which resorts won't you ever stay at? I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm dying to know! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter