***Official December 2022 Thread***

Here we go - coffee in, plan ready, a dozen browser windows open on my hoped for restaurants and one on my phone.
(It's funny, but last year, for Oct 1, there were like 20 of us live making reservations and posting about our progress - even though we were likely competing, it was pretty cool.)

Last edited:
Just made my reservations for the first part of my split stay (literally the WORST week to be doing a split stay I know but my family booked somewhat late for DVC and couldn't get a full week anywhere).

I was able to get Ale and Compass and Jiko for the days and times I wanted so that's a relief. Having to add your credit card for each reservation despite my card already being on file was very annoying. Not looking forward to doing this two more times though :(

Just made my reservations for the first part of my split stay (literally the WORST week to be doing a split stay I know but my family booked somewhat late for DVC and couldn't get a full week anywhere).

I was able to get Ale and Compass and Jiko for the days and times I wanted so that's a relief. Having to add your credit card for each reservation despite my card already being on file was very annoying. Not looking forward to doing this two more times though :(
I use an iPad where I’ve saved my non Disney credit card so it auto populates. CMs are very dismissive and just told me use the app (like that works).

Did the dessert parties open at midnight? Everything else opened at 5:45am?

Any New Years fireworks dessert parties? Too much to expect from Disney to release on time and schedule and post the hours before ADRs (some genius can’t figure out that hours need to be posted 60+10 or more so we can at least plan).

I use an iPad where I’ve saved my non Disney credit card so it auto populates. CMs are very dismissive and just told me use the app (like that works).
Yeah I saw someone on another thread say they put their credit card number in a Word document and copy + pasted it so I did that and it worked out. Still annoying that you have to do that for each reservation.

Also I was pretty surprised about availability. There was a decent amount of stuff available (no Topolino or Space though). Gives me hope that I can get Ohana breakfast for the last part of my split stay.

My browser has the card saved, so I can choose and add it real quick.

Yeah I saw someone on another thread say they put their credit card number in a Word document and copy + pasted it so I did that and it worked out. Still annoying that you have to do that for each reservation.

Also I was pretty surprised about availability. There was a decent amount of stuff available (no Topolino or Space though). Gives me hope that I can get Ohana breakfast for the last part of my split stay.
I was hoping to get Topolinos 60+5 and Space 60+6

Did Boma open up past 12/13? I think Ohana hasn’t loaded either.

Dining reservation mostly success:
Check in 12/24.
12/24: Hoop-De-Doo @ 8:30 (But only Tier 2 was avail, but that's ok, floor looks too crowded)
12/25: Boathouse @1p, Via Napoli @ 7p
12/26: 'Ohana! @ 3:30, The Plaza @ 7:45p
12/27: Yak & Yeti (10:45a! - very limited choices), Boatwrights @ 8:55p
12/28: (Rest Day & visit local relatives), Maria & Enzos @ 8:05p
12/29: STK @1p, (Hold For Woody's Backyard BBQ), California Grill @ 9:40 (Hope to switch for Celebration at the Top)
12/30: Kona @ 2p (Plan to sign up for Trader Sam's Grotto and then go eat at Kona while we wait), Jungle Navi Co 9:10p
12/31: Beaches N Cream 2p, San Angle Inn 9p, (Had Space 220 Lunch reserve queued, but want Lounge, so will keep searching)

1/1 - Will be talking a friend who checks in on 12/28 to try for Brunch at Wine Bar George & Dinner at Trattoria al Forno. I switch hotels on 12/31.

Dining reservation mostly success:
Check in 12/24.
12/24: Hoop-De-Doo @ 8:30 (But only Tier 2 was avail, but that's ok, floor looks too crowded)
12/25: Boathouse @1p, Via Napoli @ 7p
12/26: 'Ohana! @ 3:30, The Plaza @ 7:45p
12/27: Yak & Yeti (10:45a! - very limited choices), Boatwrights @ 8:55p
12/28: (Rest Day & visit local relatives), Maria & Enzos @ 8:05p
12/29: STK @1p, (Hold For Woody's Backyard BBQ), California Grill @ 9:40 (Hope to switch for Celebration at the Top)
12/30: Kona @ 2p (Plan to sign up for Trader Sam's Grotto and then go eat at Kona while we wait), Jungle Navi Co 9:10p
12/31: Beaches N Cream 2p, San Angle Inn 9p, (Had Space 220 Lunch reserve queued, but want Lounge, so will keep searching)

1/1 - Will be talking a friend who checks in on 12/28 to try for Brunch at Wine Bar George & Dinner at Trattoria al Forno. I switch hotels on 12/31.
So you couldn’t get the Space lounge for 60+7? How big is your party?

So you couldn’t get the Space lounge for 60+7? How big is your party?
5 - and tried to go to 2 & 3 and all the times, not showing any availability at all.

Still tons of availability for the actual Table Service even now. 11:45/12/12:15...

5 - and tried to go to 2 & 3 and all the times, not showing any availability at all.

Still tons of availability for the actual Table Service even now. 11:45/12/12:15...
You can book Topolinos breakfast (really good steak so it can double as lunch) for 11-12 pm. We had a great time there and it’s definitely worth the money even without characters.

You can book Topolinos breakfast (really good steak so it can double as lunch) for 11-12 pm. We had a great time there and it’s definitely worth the money even without characters.
Yeah - but it's the Space 220 experience we want, not the food ;) which is why we want the Lounge. Just got a slot for 2 at 3:30 on 12/31 for the Lounge - so they ARE posted. Grabbed it, but need to find 3 more :P

Yeah - but it's the Space 220 experience we want, not the food ;) which is why we want the Lounge. Just got a slot for 2 at 3:30 on 12/31 for the Lounge - so they ARE posted. Grabbed it, but need to find 3 more :P
We did enjoy the relaxing vibe and the flight up. Atmosphere was really nice.

We had a lounge reservation in August. It was great and they were very flexible with the menu. Honestly, the food was very good and I was pleasantly surprised.

I got the Space lounge for our stay and I'm glad it gets nice reviews! I just wanted the atmosphere without the formal meal.

Does Fantasmic dining open tomorrow at 6am or is it a different time in the day?

Does Fantasmic dining open tomorrow at 6am or is it a different time in the day?
If the Fantasmic dining opening is anything like Akershus, it will be a dumpster fire. lol. I had to refresh for almost TWO hours to get my Akershus reservation (not until 7:50am EST).

If the Fantasmic dining opening is anything like Akershus, it will be a dumpster fire. lol. I had to refresh for almost TWO hours to get my Akershus reservation (not until 7:50am EST).

Are we (theoretically) supposed to be able to book Fantasmic Dining online? Or we have to call? (Again, theoretically...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter