***Official December 2017 thread!

23 days till our FIRST trip. What are some must pack items that I’m probably not going to think of? Our family is 2 adults, almost 5yr old son, and 2.5 year old girl.
Since your kids are still young I recommend packing children's Benadryl and Ibuprofen. Always good to have just in case. I'm also of the dressing in layers fanclub, so cheap stretchy winter gloves and hats for everyone. We also each bring a hoodie sweatshirt and a water resistant spring coat. The combo of these things works pretty well for us to stay warm or remove as the sun comes up. The gloves and hats dont take up a lot of room but if the early mornings or evenings get cold it's an easy way to stay warmer. I've been to WDW in January when the morning temp was high 30's/low 40's and all of the kids especially were happy to have hats and gloves in the morning and night for the fireworks.

I think I read somewhere else that you do, but just checking since some of you are receiving yours already....You DO get a shipping notification for magicbands, right? or a tracking number? my oldest likes to get the mail when he gets off the bus and this trip is a surprise. While I know that the boxes aren't overly identifying, my kids are used to me opening packages pretty much as soon as we get them and I would like to be able to intercept this particular one before he see it.

Also, scored a midday FoP FP for the 28th this morning! Super excited!
Hello yep you will get an email saying that they shipped and a tracking number... It will also show up as a notification in my disney experience:earsboy:

I am still checking daily for hours on 12/13 to extend - now that we passed 30 day mark hoping it finally just happens

EDIT TO BELOW - just realized DisneyDad wrote almost the same thing - that'll teach me to reply before reading the entire thread! :rotfl:

Right there with you - it's the only non-party MK day on our short visit - and we're night owls. EMH 11-1am that night would be the best holiday gift for me this season!:santa:

You and me both! I’m hoping for the same hours as the Wednesday before. Regular MK closing at 11pm with EMH until 1am would be amazing!

Same!! The fact the 6th is 11-1emh has me thinking why wouldn't the 13th?? I have been there when open until 2am and it is a blast

I am still checking daily for hours on 12/13 to extend - now that we passed 30 day mark hoping it finally just happens

We check in on the 19th and I'm impatiently waiting for the same :yo-yo:

Does anyone know if entertainment schedules can be updated when park hours are? Like, if Holiday Wishes is going to be shown over Christmas/NYE week, is this likely to be reflected when they update the hours?

It's the one thing stopping me from buying MVMCP tickets...I'm on edge hoping my date doesn't sell out before they update the hours lol

I changed up our plans after my October trip and DH and I are not doing MK. I refuse to pay so much extra for a party ticket and those nights without the party are just a nightmare. The October trip we did manage to ride pretty much everything we wanted, refreshing for those 4th, 5th, 6th, etc FP's really works well, but trying to see the fireworks and the closure of some of the rides during PM EMH, just isnt worth it. But we dont have kids with us. We will watch Christmas Wishes from California Grill with a nice dinner and drinks. More relaxing.

In the process or moving things around, I did manage to get a CP package dinner the first night NPH is there. The restaurant and CP time I wanted too.

I have a few ADR's to cancel and I thought I would post them here first. Just PM me if you are interested in any of them.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 California Grill 9:00 PM for 2
Thursday, December 14, 2017 California Grill 5:40 PM for 4
Saturday, December 16, 2017 Sci-Fi Dine-In 3:50 PM for 2

View attachment 237404
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/

Is anyone adding on the Express Transportation option? We already bought 150 in giftcards that are set aside just for this, since we can't book it ahead of time!! For us it's totally worth it, we are already staying on the monorail line, so that will make rope drop easy at most of the parks but we LOVE to hop and hop often so this was a no brainer!!

I can’t find any info on the express transportation....how do I sign up?

magic bands are out for delivery!!

I'm gonna try Amazon Prime now for a few breakfast/snack items during our trip - we usually do a small grocery delivery but the prices on those are so much higher now! I've heard mostly good things about using Prime now so here's hoping it works for us! If not, well we all have an extra snack credit to use each day so we can use those for something in the mornigs :)

I just started mapping luggage in my head. I feel like we will be a traveling gypsy group. For 2 of us, it will be 3 suitcases and 2 carryons. Each of our clothes and stuff will be in 1 suitcase each. The 3rd will contain my pillow, electronics and chargers not in carryon, and camera (possibly wine and a bottle of liquor if there is room). My carryon will be my work computer (yes, I will have to do some work while on vacation). DD's will be books, magazines, snacks, gum, etc for the plane ride.

So yesterday was my birthday, and what did i find in my mail box when I got home?! Magic bands!!!! Best birthday gift ever. I also got an email that my student loans are no longer in deferrment but hey, you take the good with the bad I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter