****Official December 2011 Thread****

I'm curious, what kind of bounce back offers have any of you recieved after a December trip? We're looking to possibly bounce back in February 2012.
Unfortunately, I haven't heard or seen bounceback offers lately. In Fall and Winter 2010, they didn't have any bounceback offers available. In previous years around December, it would usually be a room only discount for select dates throughout the following year. But honestly, for us, general public special offers were either the same or better than the bounceback offers we have received in the past.

Got our MVMCP tickets today in the mail! Only 222 days until we arrive on the 18th of Dec! Love Mickey and Goofy on the tickets........
Last Dec, I asked at front desk about bounce back and there was none. We were at ASMu from Dec 19-29th. We are just hoping the free Dining Plan is offered as it was last Dec.

Hello!

Add us to the December 2011 club! We were going to go in January 2012 but DH decided he wanted to go in December! We are staying at New Orleans Riverside from 12/11-12/18. I can't wait! Now I need to update our PTR with our changes.

We are going sometime in the first 2 weeks of Dec. I can't book any rooms until mid-Nov when I know what my dh's schedule is. We will stay off site since I don't think I will be able to book on property with 2 weeks before our trip. We will do MVMCP and a 4-5 day park tickets. We have never been in Dec so we are excited--me, dh and dd's who are 8 and 11.

We will do Osbourne and Candlelight for sure. Cant wait to see the gingerbread house either. We love Christmas and the lights.

We are going sometime in the first 2 weeks of Dec. I can't book any rooms until mid-Nov when I know what my dh's schedule is. We will stay off site since I don't think I will be able to book on property with 2 weeks before our trip. We will do MVMCP and a 4-5 day park tickets. We have never been in Dec so we are excited--me, dh and dd's who are 8 and 11.

We will do Osbourne and Candlelight for sure. Cant wait to see the gingerbread house either. We love Christmas and the lights.
You are going to have so much fun! Osbourne, Candlelight, MVMCP, Gingerbread house--those are all the hot spots of the season!

Some other activities to consider are the Holiday Sleigh Rides and Holiday Tours:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#sleigh
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/holiday-d-lights-tour/
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/yuletide-fantasy-tour/

You are going to have so much fun! Osbourne, Candlelight, MVMCP, Gingerbread house--those are all the hot spots of the season!

Some other activities to consider are the Holiday Sleigh Rides and Holiday Tours:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#sleigh
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/holiday-d-lights-tour/
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/yuletide-fantasy-tour/

Thank you for posting this! I looked & the carriage ride at PORS would be perfect for us! We usually end up back to the hotel by 5:30 since our special needs daughter has to stay on schedule (for dinner, bath and bed) so this would be a really nice add on to add some extra magic to the trip. :)

I will be going solo December 5-10th, cant decide where I want to stay though. On solo trips I usually stay at AS Sports, but this is POP Warner week. I had stayed before though with no trouble out of the youngsters. Maybe I will try AS Music instead. If a room only discount comes out I am going to try POFQ.

I ordered our tickets for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party for myself & my son. Its part of his birthday gift. I got tickets for the 11th (his birthday is the 12th).

We are trying to decide about going to MVMCP. DD is only going to be 5... and I am not sure that she would be awake enough to make it through the party. She get's cranky... But, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to it... it sounds like fun!

We are trying to decide about going to MVMCP. DD is only going to be 5... and I am not sure that she would be awake enough to make it through the party. She get's cranky... But, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to it... it sounds like fun!
We've gone to MVMCP when our girls were anywhere between 2 months and 5 years old. It's definitely doable!

If you go, I probably wouldn't do a park that day. I would have a low-key day with (hopefully) a good afternoon nap or quiet downtime beforehand. We've had both girls fall asleep at different times towards the end of night, but it's been fine. We just make sure we do all the must-sees early on. That way, we feel like we got our money's worth, in case a napping or cranky child shortens the night for us later on. Also, make sure you bring a stroller so they can rest or relax. But in the end, parents should get to go to events or do things they want to do, too! :)

Well we've been booked for a good 3 months now, but just last night we booked our airfare since JetBlue opened up flights into January! I really didnt plan on doing flights so far out, but the price was way better than what I saw last year (3 seats round trip JFK-MCO, 12/20-28 for $763).

So now I'm just counting down the days till I can book ADR's!

Yay for hours! Dh and I sat down earlier and got a loose idea of what we want to do. I can't wait for it to get closer so we can finalize everything.

Can't wait for December!!! I ordered our MVMCP tickets yesterday for Dec. 4th. I just changed our reservations after seeing the park hours! We are now booked Dec. 4-9!!!

We've never been in December before. Does CP run every night or only certain nights?

Woo-hoo! Our first trip during the holidays! We'll be there Dec. 7th-13th staying at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. My husband and I intend to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary on the Rock 'N' Roller coaster. :love:

Any idea what the crowds are like the second week in Dec.? My 4, 6, and 8 year old DDs struggle with lines (as does the hubs).

Thanks,
~Cori

Woo-hoo! Our first trip during the holidays! We'll be there Dec. 7th-13th staying at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. My husband and I intend to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary on the Rock 'N' Roller coaster. :love:

Any idea what the crowds are like the second week in Dec.? My 4, 6, and 8 year old DDs struggle with lines (as does the hubs).

Thanks,
~Cori
The second week of December usually has pretty low crowds. You are there after the rush of visitors from Thanksgiving and just before the rush for the Christmas and New Year's holidays. It's a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter