Official Avengers 2017

Question: Has anyone run a half or long training run while on antibiotics for a sinus infection? Anything I should be aware of? Just started antibiotics yesterday after trying to let it clear on its own for 10 days.

I have in the past under doc's supervision. Make sure you are not taking Cipro, Levaquin, and Avelox. Taking these and running can cause tendon issues- like a possible tear. Google running and antibiotics you will come up with a lot of info. Talk to your doc or call the pharmacy and make sure you are safe!
And lots of saline spray helped me too! I had to delay sinus surgery until after PHM one year! Priorities!

I have in the past under doc's supervision. Make sure you are not taking Cipro, Levaquin, and Avelox. Taking these and running can cause tendon issues- like a possible tear. Google running and antibiotics you will come up with a lot of info. Talk to your doc or call the pharmacy and make sure you are safe!
And lots of saline spray helped me too! I had to delay sinus surgery until after PHM one year! Priorities!

Thank you! It is just amoxicillin so sounds like it does't have the tendon issues related to it!

Sorry, I didn’t take any merch photos while we were there, but I can tell you I was not impressed. There is a lot of generic runDisney stuff and a few Infinity Gauntlet things. The glassware is all generic (they say 2017 but no event names or logos), the clothing is mostly plain, and they are selling some very cool race shirts for $32 which only highlight how ugly and poor quality the “free” race shirts are. There is a small section of Coast to Coast stuff and two racks full of leftover Tink merch.

We bought a coffee mug, wine glass (I have them from all my rD races and had to get one even though it doesn’t say Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, or even Disneyland anywhere), and a $40 tech tank that I liked because I know all four race shirts are going in my rag pile right away. There are some cute headbands for each race, if you are into that, and the pins looked interesting too. No ornaments. Sorry for bad news! Hopefully this doesn’t reflect on the quality of the race entertainment we can expect, but the expo merch definitely had a “no-more-DL-races-better-not-make-anything-unique” vibe to it.

There was an ornament, the RunDisney shoe with the Avengers theme. I picked one up since its the last one I'll be able to get. There were actually tons of them, I expected they would run out super fast. But they are a bit plain compared to the Tink ones (which flew off the shelves and were gone by the time I got to the Expo on Saturday), and the Wine and Dine ones that I saw online.

Sorry, I didn’t take any merch photos while we were there, but I can tell you I was not impressed. There is a lot of generic runDisney stuff and a few Infinity Gauntlet things. The glassware is all generic (they say 2017 but no event names or logos), the clothing is mostly plain, and they are selling some very cool race shirts for $32 which only highlight how ugly and poor quality the “free” race shirts are. There is a small section of Coast to Coast stuff and two racks full of leftover Tink merch.

We bought a coffee mug, wine glass (I have them from all my rD races and had to get one even though it doesn’t say Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, or even Disneyland anywhere), and a $40 tech tank that I liked because I know all four race shirts are going in my rag pile right away. There are some cute headbands for each race, if you are into that, and the pins looked interesting too. No ornaments. Sorry for bad news! Hopefully this doesn’t reflect on the quality of the race entertainment we can expect, but the expo merch definitely had a “no-more-DL-races-better-not-make-anything-unique” vibe to it.

I don't think this is isolated to DL races and this being the last one for awhile. At the Wine & Dine last week, there were two/three rows of generic runDisney merchandise. I think it's just like the Park merchandise, they are creating more product that can be used across both parks to save on costs, with less park/event specific items.

There was an ornament, the RunDisney shoe with the Avengers theme. I picked one up since its the last one I'll be able to get. There were actually tons of them, I expected they would run out super fast. But they are a bit plain compared to the Tink ones (which flew off the shelves and were gone by the time I got to the Expo on Saturday), and the Wine and Dine ones that I saw online.
That’s too bad because I would have bought one! I looked all over and didn’t see it, but I also didn’t ask anyone for help. I might go back and look again.

I don't think this is isolated to DL races and this being the last one for awhile. At the Wine & Dine last week, there were two/three rows of generic runDisney merchandise. I think it's just like the Park merchandise, they are creating more product that can be used across both parks to save on costs, with less park/event specific items.
That’s too bad - my race wine glasses are my favourites. I think after this and Dopey, I am moving on from runDisney for a while.

Congrats to all the 5K runners today! That was a super fun course with some amazing character stops. I was so excited to see Hawkeye and Black Widow. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend!

Course and support were great. I’m so happy with how this 5K went! We had 5 character stops - Captain America, Hawkeye, Thor, Black Widow, and Spider-Man. We also had lots of music and cast/paid workers cheering us on.

I hope the momentum continues. Should be a nice race weekend. :D

Course and support were great. I’m so happy with how this 5K went! We had 5 character stops - Captain America, Hawkeye, Thor, Black Widow, and Spider-Man. We also had lots of music and cast/paid workers cheering us on.

Bodes well for the rest of the weekend!

5k was fun. 10k up next!

That’s too bad because I would have bought one! I looked all over and didn’t see it, but I also didn’t ask anyone for help. I might go back and look again.

There were a ton of ornaments still there yesterday afternoon around 3:30 and Expo was very slow. Can't imagine they ran out.

Super happy to hear this! I was worried!

My dd (16) had an awesome time this am. It was the first time she's ever done a RunDisney 5k. Since shes also doing the challenege she opted to just walk this. She it was a very fun course and she took tons of photos. When she finished she it was by far the most relaxing race she's ever done. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter